FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-435/)
-   -   Master Hawaiʻi Meet-Up/Lounge Access Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/445321-master-hawaii-meet-up-lounge-access-thread.html)

slippahs Jun 20, 2005 8:25 pm

Master Hawaiʻi Meet-Up/Lounge Access Thread

Here's a posting board for those visiting Hawai‘i and wanting to meet up with another Flyertalker. Drinks at the House without a Key at the Halekulani, at the Malolo Lounge at the HWV, or maybe even just a quick coffee at a local Starbucks... you get the picture. :)

If you'll be traveling to the islands and want to meet with some of your Flyertalking colleagues, please list when you'll be here and what island so that others may contact you.

Also, this is a good place to post if you're willing to help another Flyertalker out with lounge access at any of Hawai‘i's airports. If you're willing to provide lounge access at HNL/OGG/ITO/KOA/LIH to another Flyertalker, please post here.

I know we're stepping on the toes of the Community forum a bit, but this one's specifically dedicated for Hawai‘i. Also, cblaisd and I will make sure to keep the thread tidy by deleting those meet-up dates that have passed by.

cblaisd Jun 28, 2005 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
...I know we're stepping on the toes of the Community forum a bit, but this one's specifically dedicated for Hawai‘i. ...

I've put a cross-reference in Community to this thread here

PremEx Jun 28, 2005 12:52 pm

I was surprised to come across this thread. I thought get-together threads were in Community.
Looks like the Hawaii separatists have invaded FlyerTalk!

Waiting for the Texans to do the same, next.

;)

haole Jun 29, 2005 8:23 pm

Aloha all, if anyone wants when they are in town to meet up, e-mail me and we'll try to set something up. mahalo.

slippahs Sep 1, 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Looks like my friend Tony & I will be in HNL on a MR on 9/23. Not sure where we're staying (if anywhere...are there showers at the WC/CO clubs in HNL??).

There are no shower facilities in the HNL WorldClub or President's Club.

Try Google the Shower Tree at HNL. It's a little ways off HNL, but it might be a good alternative. Also, cblasid once suggested using a rental car shuttle to get there. A search for that would bring up which rental car comparny it was (it slipped my mind).

Enjoy your MR to HNL!

cblaisd Sep 1, 2005 4:07 pm

There's an excellent thread on the Shower Tree in the HNL airport forum here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...wpost&t=445834

bhatnasx Sep 4, 2005 10:57 am

Thanks for the heads up slippahs & cblaisd. Sounds like the Alamo shuttle should work fine for us. I did call Shower Tree to inquire about prices & for 2 people, the lady said it'd be 55-65 depending on room. There was a hotel called Ocean Resort Waikiki for 64 bucks on TL, so I may just go with them. As we'll be in HNL for about 20 hours, that's long enough to warrant a hotel room (especially with the long flights each way), so we may check out that place instead as the Shower Tree does look kind of ghetto!

Thanks for the tips!

DanTravels Dec 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty (Post 6890603)
Q: during that 5+ layover in HNL, I'd like to drop 'extra' luggage at the FEDEX depot 'around the corner' & continue to OGG with just carry-ons.
I don't suppose the bus goes that way, so... 'short' car rental ($42+miles), cab($$), or ?? (bribe a local FT'er with food & strong drink??) :D

I've been to that FedEx, and although you could get the bus down to the corner of Lagoon, you'd have quite a walk down Lagoon. With very little shade for most of it. A cab round-trip might be cheaper than a rental car, by a little bit.

slippahs Dec 22, 2006 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by DanTravels (Post 6891620)
I've been to that FedEx, and although you could get the bus down to the corner of Lagoon, you'd have quite a walk down Lagoon. With very little shade for most of it. A cab round-trip might be cheaper than a rental car, by a little bit.

Yes, there's absolutely no way one could walk from the main terminal all the way to the FedEx (or UPS) centers on Lagoon Drive, unless perhaps you're looking for a great workout...

You might, however, consider calling the Buisness Center located airside of the Terminal: (808) 834-0058 and seeing what they could possibly do for you (long shot, but worth a try).

Also, there are FedEx Kinkos locations and FedEx staffed centers in Kahului. Why not just check you bags through to OGG and drop them off at FedEx before continuing on your vacation?

DanTravels Dec 23, 2006 4:43 am

Originally Posted by slippahs (Post 6891641)
You might, however, consider calling the Buisness Center located airside of the Terminal: (808) 834-0058 and seeing what they could possibly do for you (long shot, but worth a try).

Yeah, I'd definitely second this - the ladies in there are really nice. I always try to stick my head in to buy postcards or print something or whatever.

Ripper3785 May 31, 2007 4:08 pm

5/29/07 Pics Here!

http://www.ttora-hawaii.com/images/H...ono_Do-lu.html

Lavarock7 Jan 17, 2009 10:04 am

Mahalo

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 10696307)
Very possible. We'll be on the BI from 12/28>1/17. Huggo's On The Rocks is a nice setting. Pricey drinks but that's expected. :)

Glad we could meet at the Kona Brewing Company for pizza and beer!

Mark

Lavarock7 May 7, 2009 10:18 am

Me Too!

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 11706303)
Will be in KOA next month :D

~Mahalo

I'll be in Kona until the cows come home (assuming they don't get lost - it's a big island).

Next week I'm planting 1600 coffee trees, but should be done and have some free time after that.

RobbieRunner Jan 11, 2012 11:45 am

I have a pad on Oahu, and am there catch-can from time to time.
Send me a PM if you want to grab coffee or just need some directions, etc.

Aloha!

sylvas808 Jan 15, 2012 1:10 am

I'm back on oahu for good now, no more weekend commuting from hilo for me anymore. Always up for meeting people.

Bearcat06 Jan 19, 2012 3:16 am

Originally Posted by sylvas808 (Post 17816396)
I'm back on oahu for good now, no more weekend commuting from hilo for me anymore. Always up for meeting people.

I "live" at the Elks Lodge in Waikiki.....told Slippah's the same thing. If you ever make it down here, let me know....

ExpatExp Jan 19, 2012 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Bearcat06 (Post 17843032)
I "live" at the Elks Lodge in Waikiki.....told Slippah's the same thing. If you ever make it down here, let me know....

Is that the place next to the OCC? Nice!

Will be back for the second week of February if anyone wants to go to Side Street…

Bearcat06 Jan 20, 2012 1:02 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp (Post 17844776)
Is that the place next to the OCC? Nice!

Yes....I live next to the OCC....and can stumble home..... :D I've been a Elks member for 20 years and thats one of the reasons I took this place.

Originally Posted by ExpatExp (Post 17844776)
Side Street…

The one on Kapahula....?

ExpatExp Jan 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bearcat06 (Post 17849842)
The one on Kapahula....?

I was thinking Hopaka Street!

Bearcat06 Jan 25, 2012 3:43 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp (Post 17854603)
I was thinking Hopaka Street!

Either works for me..... just let me know and maybe we can find others on here as well....

Doc Savage Jun 1, 2015 1:49 am

I plan to be on Maui (Kihei) from 6/1-6/7. If anyone else is going to be around, send me a PM, we can grab a beer or something.

Cheers,

Doc

iruvmattree Aug 27, 2015 2:05 am

I'll be in Oahu 9/2-9/8 and then Kona 9/8-13. If anyone wants to meet up or recommend me places PM me

alohastephen Aug 27, 2015 4:07 am

Side street on the strip?

I highly recommend side street inn on Kapahulu.

Mary2e Aug 27, 2015 11:24 am

While the one on Kapahulu is good, I still think the one on Hopaka is much, much better - plus you get the "atmostphere."

I think they opened Kapahulu to get the tourists out of Hopaka so the locals could enjoy it again.

Kapahulu is on Open Table, Hopaka is not :)

747FC Jul 13, 2016 3:50 am

Anyone going to be in the UA lounge on 7/27 around 1:00?

GlobalMatt Jul 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lavarock7 (Post 11710749)
I'll be in Kona until the cows come home (assuming they don't get lost - it's a big island).

Next week I'm planting 1600 coffee trees, but should be done and have some free time after that.

How's the tree planting going? :)

GlobalMatt Jul 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Will be in Honolulu. Flying in on 9/1/16 on AA123 in J class with my wife. Another FTer is also going to be in J class! DFW-HNL. :)

Who's going to be there? We'll be staying at The Modern in Waikiki. :cool:

1readyset2go Jul 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Yep we are sharing the exact same flight as Meunger on 9/1/16 from DFW-HNL but we will continue on to LIH right after. Hey we can have a party on the way to HNL in the front cabin though!

747FC Aug 2, 2016 1:26 am

Anyone flying UA j nonstop IAH-HNL on 8/4?

worldwidedreamer Nov 17, 2017 6:19 am

Mrs. WWD and I will visit Oahu through 11.22. Anyone want to meet up?

Also happy to guest folks into a lounge before our 3pm flight on 11.22. We have access to AA, DL & UA Clubs at HNL.

beckoa Nov 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer (Post 29070757)
Mrs. WWD and I will visit Oahu through 11.22. Anyone want to meet up?

Also happy to guest folks into a lounge before our 3pm flight on 11.22. We have access to AA, DL & UA Clubs at HNL.

Considering the snow we're experiencing, yes I'd like to go.

Next trip for me to Hawaii (KOA) isn't until late January sadly.

Have fun!

konaflyer Aug 1, 2018 12:00 am

a Kona Contact

This thread seems to have been forgotten. I would just like to add my self as a contact if someone is coming to Kona or lives in Kona. I would also like to propose a group Hawaiian islands connection so that we can meet others interested in miles and points.

alohastephen Aug 1, 2018 12:21 am

Originally Posted by konaflyer (Post 30034262)
This thread seems to have been forgotten. I would just like to add my self as a contact if someone is coming to Kona or lives in Kona. I would also like to propose a group Hawaiian islands connection so that we can meet others interested in miles and points.

im in Honolulu but count me in!

konaflyer Aug 1, 2018 1:13 am

Glad to connect with you, Stephen! I looked at your bio, and wanted to let you know that we got back from a recent trip to China and Japan and visited Fukuoka!

alohastephen Aug 1, 2018 2:50 am

Originally Posted by konaflyer (Post 30034395)
Glad to connect with you, Stephen! I looked at your bio, and wanted to let you know that we got back from a recent trip to China and Japan and visited Fukuoka!

welcome back! This year has been a scorcher in Japan. Hope that you were able to enjoy your visit nevertheless.

let me know if you ever island hop over to Honolulu. I'm in the Diamond head area when not in Fukuoka.

konaflyer Aug 1, 2018 2:14 pm

We were in Japan in May and the weather was perfect! Only one day of rain and that was in Hiroshima which seemed appropriate-- the heavens crying over what had taken place there. We met a greeter at a shinto shrine in Fukuoka who told us that many people immigrated from there to Kona. She had met the Teshima family for one. I live in Kona so please give me a head's up if you come over here.

Lavarock7 Aug 2, 2018 9:49 am

And, I am still here. I am often in Kona and don't need miles nor points to get there :-)

philemer Aug 2, 2018 9:59 am

Will be in Kona Jan. 4th>11th. :) Drinks/food at Kona Brewing?

stravels Aug 7, 2018 10:44 pm

Please count me in. Live in Honolulu but will be traveling to the other islands in spring for work. Also periodically on Maui. Would love to meet others in Hawai‘i.

htran88 Sep 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Going to be in Honolulu Oct 17-22 and Maui Oct 22-27 if anyone wants to grab a beer or 10