Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

2014 - 2021 Consolidated "F/J/C to/from Hawaii - questions & observations" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2021, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
The current thread is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2035859-2021-onwards-consolidated-f-j-c-hawaii-questions-observations-thread.html
Print Wikipost

2014 - 2021 Consolidated "F/J/C to/from Hawaii - questions & observations" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:38 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, FlyGuy2015! As your query is not-airline specific, but is destination-specific, we'll move this over to the Hawai'i forum for further discussion. Thanks!

JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by will2288
Personally, I enjoy the American flights on their 767-300 planes. If being fully flat is very important to you, then perhaps Delta is worth it. But I have no problems flying American on that route. I would rather have the status, especially considering you are only flying to Hawaii twice.
Also, having flown both DL and AA F in the past few years, I'd say that while the hard product might give DL the edge on some a/c, the soft product on AA is better IMO.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:08 pm

Lie-flat seats to Hawaii in first class?

Does anyone know which airlines (if any) have lie-flat seats to Hawaii in first class? We are planning our honeymoon, but my husband has a bad back, so we're wondering if lie-flat seats are even available. We assume, if they are, they would probably be in first class. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
UA has flat seats from EWR nonstop to HNL and the 767 from SFO to HNL on UA are lie flat
and sometimes from IAD to HNL. They also have "barco loungers" from ORD and Houston to HNL.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by anaidh1
Does anyone know which airlines (if any) have lie-flat seats to Hawaii in first class? We are planning our honeymoon, but my husband has a bad back, so we're wondering if lie-flat seats are even available. We assume, if they are, they would probably be in first class. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Welcome to Flyertalk!

It would be good to know from where you are originating your journey. For example, if you were coming from Tokyo, you could take a UA F or J seat.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:45 pm

Opinions on best first class from TLH to HNL

Hello good people of the forum. I'm an infrequent domestic flyer that would appreciate any opinions on the best carrier and any pertinent information on best first class out of Tallahassee to Honolulu.

I know for many, non stop out of Atlanta would be the way to go, but I'd like to break up the flight and put my feet on the ground at least once. DFW, SLC, LAX etc.

A few years back I did a trip from Orlando to Anchorage, and was less than impressed with Delta's first class service. (Been 6 or seven years now) I'd do it again, just seemed lacking for the dollars spent.

I'd welcome and thank anyone in advance for any up to date opinions of carrier, route or seating preferences. (I only do isle if it matters) Flight will be one person, round trip.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I do believe delta flies ATL to HNL with flat bed seats which is very rare to Hawaii.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I do believe delta flies ATL to HNL with flat bed seats which is very rare to Hawaii.
If they do, I was unaware and hadn't bumped into it in my searches. I will certainly look into it.
Thank you.

Edit: That would be a game changer, as to my unwillingness to do the flight non-stop.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
They do, but be prepared to pry your wallet open all the way if you want a flat-bed.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA's flights from DFW to both HNL and OGG offer angled lie-flats in First.

"I only do isle if it matters."

Every seat to HNL on every airline is an "isle" seat.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
They do, but be prepared to pry your wallet open all the way if you want a flat-bed.
All The Way, hu? I've had my wallet pried all the way open before, and it wasn't pleasant.

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA's flights from DFW to both HNL and OGG offer angled lie-flats in First.

It's looking like this is gonna be the ticket. Thanks.
Every seat to HNL on every airline is an "isle" seat .

I've been looking at flights and seating for three days, and this fact escaped me.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:34 pm

Thanks for the replies, this gives me something to work on this evening.^
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by jmneill
All The Way, hu? I've had my wallet pried all the way open before, and it wasn't pleasant.
IME the premium for the ATL-HNL flight with lie-flat in FC usually runs at least several hundred dollars more pp than FC on other routes to HNL.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:23 pm

About a year ago United had lie flat seats in the 764 from Houston to Honolulu. Not sure what they're running now, but if Delta is too much $$ might look at that.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
IME the premium for the ATL-HNL flight with lie-flat in FC usually runs at least several hundred dollars more pp than FC on other routes to HNL.
Thanks Kevin. You actually had me prepared for worse. If $300 bucks is the number, and me being the only one flying that's a realistic option.

One more question, and I promise to let this thread into the obscurity it deserves..

Pertaining to the AA angles lie flat seats: They sound good on paper, but @18.5" seem narrow comparatively speaking, but IDK.. Are these seats as bad as I'm reading, or would they pass muster for an 8 hour run? 6'2" 200lb.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.