Wiki Posts
Search

HA SAN to HNL non-stop?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2001, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
HA SAN to HNL non-stop?

Yeah, hard to believe but it's true!! The other night I was driving down by our tiny Lindberg Field airport and to my amazement a huge DC10 with Hawaiian Airlines logo lands, which is an amazing site to see. So after some investigation, I find out that there is now a daily non-stop flight from San Diego to Honolulu. R/t Economy tix are about $430. Anybody out there been on this route??
Old Aug 5, 2001, 1:51 pm

I'll be taking this route next month so I'll make some comments then if no one else has responded. I booked first class using AA miles so I'll definitely comment on that. I was thrilled to find this route for HA because flying on AA to LA first & then HNL for a connecting flight was a real pain. This, at least, eliminates one connection for me in both directions.

------------------
--Karen
Old Aug 7, 2001, 10:48 pm

SAN passengers need to remember that flying HA and getting AA mileage *does NOT* mean base miles on American. If you fly to HNL and the islands a lot, you can join HawaiianMiles, which is a good FF plan, but AA FFs lose a lot of potential base miles relying on HA to paradise.

By the way- inflight service on Hawaiian, esp. in first, is great. Those crews really know what 'aloha' means.
Old Aug 8, 2001, 7:02 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know what to expect on redeye service from HNL to LAX in First Class on HA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.