Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

First Experience in Widebody Extra Comfort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE

I've been fortunate to be able to fly F on all my international and Mainland flights on HA. I've been pleased with the service of the FAs who work up front. Some are truly exceptional.

Last week, I took my first economy class flights to/from the Mainland. I flew Extra Comfort and was seated in the mini-cabin up front. No complaints about the legroom, so pleased with the purchase decision from that perspective. The width of the seats were standard economy, which was what I expected.

The free food was pretty atrocious. Free, but atrocious. 2/3 of the breakfast items went into the trash. For the lunch menu, the entire sandwich went into the trash. So happy that I did not hand over cash for that food, although sad that the seat purchase price includes money necessary for that awful food.

I was interested to see the demeanor of the crew working the Extra Comfort section. Only one of the FAs working this section on my two flights seemed particularly customer-service oriented (or even sociable). No "Extra Smiles" with Extra Comfort. They did their work efficiently, then closed the drapes to the galley behind the mini-cabin, making it difficult to access the lavs on either side. Apparently, the FAs perceive that galley to be their crew rest area as opposed to a customer service area.

I did walk down to the rear galley to break the monotony and in search of a more engaging group of FAs. I was rewarded with a good-natured set of crew populating that galley. They were really nice and made me feel that there was hope for the world of economy class flying.

Last edited by 747FC; Nov 27, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.