Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

What to Expect for Meal Offering in HA First Class (SFO-OGG)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

What are F meals like? I know that HA has free food on mainland flights, which I think is awesome.
But how is F food? Is it like F food on ual/aa or more like F food on VX?

Thank you!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 13, 2016 at 4:06 pm Reason: title changed for clarity
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:08 pm
azj

At the moment, the SFO-OGG flight departs before 10am, so you would get the brunch service. When the flight leaves at or after 10am, it's the lunch service. Both are generally good, with a Hawaiian twist. IMO right now the guest chef series is coming up with more interesting and innovative meals out of Hawaii, which blow Chef Chai's creations out of the water (he continues to do the menus TO Hawaii.)

Here's what's being served in the current menu cycle, which runs to June...

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our.../north-america
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
On 1/29/16 the SEA-OGG (not the SFO-OGG), flight departed at 10:00 am. In F there was a "full" lunch w/ appetizer, main course & desert. Apparently it's a full lunch if the departure time is >= 10 am. YMMV. BTW, it was very good & the service was excellent.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

We left at 9:55am and had a delicious brunch. Very substantial food and drink in F. We get what we pay for.
Hawaiian airlines nuts are way superior to nuts of VX, which of course are better than Ual and Aa. It's the extra dried fruits and rare macadamia nuts that add to the joy! Big yum.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:04 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I recently flew HA in F to HNL and really enjoyed it. Click on the link below to get an idea.

http://flight-report.com/en/report-13433.html
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by aw
I recently flew HA in F to HNL and really enjoyed it. Click on the link below to get an idea.

Your pics are great! I had that first row of extra comfort and it was epic!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:58 pm
aw

Originally Posted by FBWFTW
Your pics are great! I had that first row of extra comfort and it was epic!
Thanks. You traveled quite well if I might say so. HA is the best way to fly between the mainland and Hawaii. Too bad that they do not belong to any of the big alliances.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by aw
Thanks. You traveled quite well if I might say so. HA is the best way to fly between the mainland and Hawaii. Too bad that they do not belong to any of the big alliances.
Unfortunately this year we had to book w UA to guarantee a flat bed out of the NYC area-HA had no firm date for their new cabin availablity. I'm looking forward to the bed but would much rather fly HA... Last time-first row of EC on the NEWEST plane! (N379HA/Pau-Ahi) An avgeek and Airbus fan's dream!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:45 am
aw

I would have done the same. For a flight of that length up front a lie flat bed is essential.

I just published my return trip on HA in Y. You can find it here.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by aw
I would have done the same. For a flight of that length up front a lie flat bed is essential.

I just published my return trip on HA in Y. You can find it here.
Awesome!! I'm definitely going to write one for UA... And then hopefully I'll get to try the HA product when it's rolled out!
Old May 1, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
Originally Posted by aw

Does anyone have any recent updates on the First brunch (before 10am departures) menu from the West Coast to Hawaii? Looks like last report was bagel/salmon, small quiche, and cheesecake. Any several Mai Tais.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by davidsfo
Does anyone have any recent updates on the First brunch (before 10am departures) menu from the West Coast to Hawaii? Looks like last report was bagel/salmon, small quiche, and cheesecake. Any several Mai Tais.
The current menu is on the HA website. There is a link in one of the posts above.
Old May 7, 2016, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Unfortunately this year we had to book w UA to guarantee a flat bed out of the NYC area-HA had no firm date for their new cabin availablity. I'm looking forward to the bed but would much rather fly HA... Last time-first row of EC on the NEWEST plane! (N379HA/Pau-Ahi) An avgeek and Airbus fan's dream!
A good choice. As much as I despise UA I would have done the same just for the flat bed, since the current HA F seats are extremely painful.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
A good choice. As much as I despise UA I would have done the same just for the flat bed, since the current HA F seats are extremely painful.
I'm legitimately torn between dread and excitement.
Dread that there won't be Hawaiian music, or a shiny new(-ish) Airbus or an on time departure, or happy crews (well-subject to their 'availability' at EWR lol) and excitement at it being my First time in lie flat F.

Our last two trips in EC on HA were OUTSTANDING. And I'll REALLY be kind of sad if HA has their flatbeds up and running when we fly.

I take it you've done the EWR-HNL yourself? How comfy are the beds? How is the service compared to HA? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put it "off topic" in this thread. I haven't seen a 100% positive review of UA14/15 and I'm dying to hear about real experiences.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I'm legitimately torn between dread and excitement.
Dread that there won't be Hawaiian music, or a shiny new(-ish) Airbus or an on time departure, or happy crews (well-subject to their 'availability' at EWR lol) and excitement at it being my First time in lie flat F.

Our last two trips in EC on HA were OUTSTANDING. And I'll REALLY be kind of sad if HA has their flatbeds up and running when we fly.

I take it you've done the EWR-HNL yourself? How comfy are the beds? How is the service compared to HA? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put it "off topic" in this thread. I haven't seen a 100% positive review of UA14/15 and I'm dying to hear about real experiences.
International routes where the fares are much higher are supposed to get the new seats first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.