FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1276790-hawaiian-airlines-credit-card-2-x-35k-offers-archives.html)

newbieflyer1 Feb 1, 2013 7:36 am

Originally Posted by muji (Post 20149844)
They told me the same thing when I canceled my card a few months ago. What they are stating is untrue. Cannot understand why they are making this claim. No miles get forfeited.

i just cancelled my bank of america card and nothing mentioned about miles forfeited.i will be cancelling my hawaiian bank card in a week

8fingeredflyer Feb 1, 2013 8:05 am

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1 (Post 20165572)
i just cancelled my bank of america card and nothing mentioned about miles forfeited.i will be cancelling my hawaiian bank card in a week

I just cancelled both of mine and they told me I'd lose the miles in 1 year. Whatever. They also told me I'd be getting 2000 Hawaiian miles as an anniversary bonus for keeping the card and that was the equivalent of $2000! I was like... yeah.. let's definitely cancel it.

thebill0322 Feb 1, 2013 8:06 am

How long did you wait after getting miles to cancel?

I just hit spending on the first of my 2 cards and wondering how long I should wait. (Also how long until points post?)

8fingeredflyer Feb 1, 2013 8:18 am

Originally Posted by thebill0322 (Post 20165760)
How long did you wait after getting miles to cancel?

I just hit spending on the first of my 2 cards and wondering how long I should wait. (Also how long until points post?)

I had them for 11 months. I can't remember how long it took them to post, but it couldn't have been too long.

thebat Feb 1, 2013 1:22 pm

What?

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 20152487)
Not true for me.

What's not true? Were miles taken from you that were in your account?

awkmaster Feb 2, 2013 6:36 am

Question to those who are closing the BoA and/or BoH accounts. Are you closing to get ready for another round of churning? Or is it because you opened this about a year ago and want to avoid paying the annual fee?

newbieflyer1 Feb 2, 2013 6:42 am

Originally Posted by awkmaster (Post 20171424)
Question to those who are closing the BoA and/or BoH accounts. Are you closing to get ready for another round of churning? Or is it because you opened this about a year ago and want to avoid paying the annual fee?

yes that s what i plan to do wait a for 7 to 9 months and re apply

y2chen Feb 2, 2013 8:29 am

FWIW, I recently got my second BoA version, with the first coming in April of last year. I've also got a BoH version as well. No instant approval, but went through fine about a week after application.

mburns813 Feb 2, 2013 4:26 pm

Just applied for both cards.

Instantly approved for BofH with a limit of $900. Does this mean I got the Platinum card, or just a low limit card with a 35k bonus?

BofA said they'd mail me a decision within 30 days.

iqbalt80 Feb 2, 2013 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by mburns813 (Post 20174051)
Just applied for both cards.

Instantly approved for BofH with a limit of $900. Does this mean I got the Platinum card, or just a low limit card with a 35k bonus?

BofA said they'd mail me a decision within 30 days.

Visa signatures have a minimum limit of $5000. If you got a $900 limit that means the lowly platinum with 10K bonus.

caGALINDO Feb 2, 2013 6:05 pm

oh yeah, and when i canceled my cards because i only got 10k each the rep mentioned at least twice that i should re apply in 6 months or so to try and qualify for the bigger reward.

she also said that the 10k miles (for each card) are mine to keep... was very surprised when she actually said that since it appears the terms say they take them away (but we know that isnt the case)

leftpinky Feb 2, 2013 7:31 pm

is there an application status website check for these cards? Applied, think got approved for 1, other one might be in limbo.

mburns813 Feb 3, 2013 11:34 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 20174185)
Visa signatures have a minimum limit of $5000. If you got a $900 limit that means the lowly platinum with 10K bonus.

Well the BA Visa Signature card I received in December only has a 3200 limit, but I agree I probably got the Platinum one.

So when I get it, I meet the minimum requirement, get the bonus, call and demand the fee back because it wasn't the card I want, and then cancel in like 6 months, or cancel right then?

Edit:
Directly from the T&C: "if your application is approved with a credit line of $5,000 or greater, you will receive a Visa SignatureŽ account; if the credit line is less than $5,000, you will receive a Platinum account."

Oh well, I'll take the 20k HH points, should have just applied for the Citi card then.

muji Feb 3, 2013 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky (Post 20174787)
is there an application status website check for these cards?

Try calling 877-721-9405 (choose option 3).

caGALINDO Feb 4, 2013 8:03 am

they refunded my year fee for the boh/boa card when i called to cancel since i didnt qualify for the 35k promo

cancel, why wait 6 months?? dont even know if they let you keep the card after reimbursing the fee