Wiki Posts
Search

Provincetown July 9-16

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: US1, AA Gold, Marriott Silver
Provincetown July 9-16

Are any FTer's going to be in Provincetown July 9-16? A group of friends and I have been going ever other year for the past 10 years. Since it has been so long since I have been to P-Town, are there any recommendations for new restaurants or clubs. I am sure the "staples" are still there like Boatslip, Crown and Anchor, Purgatory, Bubelah's, but I was sort of hoping there would be some new places to try out.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:02 am

See Eddie Sarfaty at the Crown & Anchor

Don't forget to see Eddie Sarfaty at the Crown & Anchor cabaret.

He's a gay comic and very talented (and a friend of mine) and formerly a bartender at The Townhouse in NYC.

Eddie is currently appearing on Comedy Central's Premium Blend show. Check out his web site, keeplaughing.com for more info.

Hope you enjoy P-town!!
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:05 am

Mea Culpa

I checked Eddie's web site and he will only be appearing at the Crown and Anchor till July 2nd.

But to all those who can, it's definitely worth seeing his show!
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:53 pm
Suspended

I am in Ptown with friends 23-30 July; first timer here - any hints and tips apreciated!!

Getting the ferry from BOS (after flight from London...) - should I buy vodka etc before getting there or is it plentiful once there...?

Also, os there a "public" pool there where I can hang out as I am not much into the beach...
Old Jun 26, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aeneastwin
Don't forget to see Eddie Sarfaty at the Crown & Anchor cabaret.
We saw Eddie in Ptown 2 weeks ago - not a good show at all. Really bad, actually. Nice guy, but bad show. The local reviews seemed to agree.

Miss Richfield 1981 is playing at the Crown at 10:30 PM through September - in my opinion, this is the best show in town.

The Martin House is under new ownership - ate there earlier this month, and had a wonderful dinner. Though our two absolutely favorite "nice" restaurants are still Edwige at Night and The Red Inn. Reservations are a must during high season; we make ours weeks in advance.

P.S. We'll be there from August 4 through August 11 - anyone else?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by apudme
Also, os there a "public" pool there where I can hang out as I am not much into the beach...
Both the Boatslip and the Crown have 'public' pools. The Boatslip seems to be the more popular. Get there early to get a good spot.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by apudme
... after flight from London...
Take a walk over to The Oxford guest house - beautiful house, owned and run by Trevor and Stephen, two fantastic guys from England. It's about a 5 minute walk past the Boatslip. They'll be more than happy to give you the current low down on the town (restaurants, entertainment, etc.) Tell them Eric and Albert suggested you stop by.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
I 2nd that....... MISS RICHFIELD 1981.....one hell of a good show and funny, funny, funny.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GuysInCT
The Martin House is under new ownership - ate there earlier this month, and had a wonderful dinner. Though our two absolutely favorite "nice" restaurants are still Edwige at Night and The Red Inn. Reservations are a must during high season; we make ours weeks in advance.
As a newbie, could you tell me more about these places as I might make some reservations myself; is there a web resource for Ptown dining, or website links for these restaurants?

Take a walk over to The Oxford guest house - beautiful house, owned and run by Trevor and Stephen, two fantastic guys from England. It's about a 5 minute walk past the Boatslip. They'll be more than happy to give you the current low down on the town (restaurants, entertainment, etc.) Tell them Eric and Albert suggested you stop by.
Thanks for the tip!!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:24 am

Sorry You Didn't Have a Good Time

We saw Eddie in Ptown 2 weeks ago - not a good show at all. Really bad, actually. Nice guy, but bad show. The local reviews seemed to agree.

Miss Richfield 1981 is playing at the Crown at 10:30 PM through September - in my opinion, this is the best show in town.

P.S. We'll be there from August 4 through August 11 - anyone else?
Whenever I've seen Eddie in New York he's been pretty good. He is a friend of mine but I'd like to think that I'm objective: the producers of Comedy Central recently filmed his one man show at a Theatre District comedy club. It should be broadcast later in the year, if I remember correctly.

Perhaps Eddie had an off night. Now if Tom Cruise and I can just convert you to Scientology -- stay away from the meds!!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Apudme

I would concur that the meal I had at the Martin House was good and the setting is very interesting - reservations recommended since it is not that big
http://www.themartinhouse.com/

I would also suggest the Mews Restaurant on the other side of town. A fantastic selection of vodka if you are so incline as both the owners are big vodka fans. (apudme - this is the place I told you that did a weekly Queer As Folk screening on the big screen when the series is on)
http://www.mews.com/

Napi's is reasonable (busy at weekends) and the Lobster Pot is good for casual lunches - by the way I got sick of Lobster after 3 days pigging out on it.

I also forgot to mention that since the bars close early (1 am or so), the place to move onto is Spiritus Pizza for a take away to you hotel room or to share with a friend on the side of the road. The website has a web-cam so you all see you enjoying your pizza http://www.spirituspizza.com/
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:42 pm

More Ptown restaurant links

I agree with Ken's comments on The Mews. A nice spot for a romantic meal - ask for a table on the lower level. We had New Year's dinner here for the Millenieum.

This page lists a number of Ptown restaurants. My comments on the restaurants listed:

Bayside Betsy's is ok for lunch, I wouldn't do dinner there.

Bubala's is great anytime you want a light meal. More days than not this is where we have lunch.

Central House (at the Crown) - we had a really bad lunch here last year. Service could not have been slower, but the food was ok.

Cafe Edwige - great breakfast!

Cafe Edwige at Night - same place, different staff - probably the best dinner we had last year. And the year before. And the year before that!

Cafe Heaven - only ate here once, for breakfast. It's ok.

Ciro and Sal's - overrated. There is a new italian place in town, where Esther's used to be, called Enzio's (or something like that). Same owners as Bubala's and Spiritus, early reviews are good.

Chester's - never ate there. Very fancy, very expensive. Not what I look for in Ptown.

Clem & Ursies - never ate there, but we do get pies from Connie's (next door - attached) many nights. The best pie on the Cape!

Fanizzi's - way in the East End. Never ate there, but have not heard good reviews.

Front Street - very nice, a bit dark (it's a few steps down from street level). A more upscale dinner. But if I want upscale, I go to Cafe Edwige, the Red Inn and the Mews first.

Lorraines - great mexican food, nicely prepared and presented. Now in the West End, where Gallariani's used to be. Ate there 3 weeks ago - still excellent!

Martin House - I wrote earlier about this. Very nice place.

Napi's - not one of my favorites, though it is the #1 favorite of friend's of ours.

The Red Inn is out at almost the very end of Commercial Street. Wonderful views of the harbor, very good food, feels like Cape Cod.

Ross' Grill - great for dinner or lunch. They have one large table, otherwise it's tables of four.

Waydowntown - great martini's, not so great food.

Those are my opinions. To summarize, if I wanted a really nice evening, my three top choices are:

Cafe Edwige
Red Inn
Mews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.