Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Info on Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Lifetime Gold; DL PM, HiltonHonors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Info on Phuket, Thailand

I'm heading over to Phuket/Patong Beach area for a week the 1st of March. Was hoping that someone who has traveled there recently might have a recommendation on a hotel in the mid range, price-wise. It would be nice to be near the Paradise Complex gay area but I'm not looking to be in the middle of the action day and night. Also, any recommendations on day trips, like to Phi Phi Island or Krabi or other scenic areas during the day?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
I live in Singapore but have a condo in Phuket so I go there a lot. I would recommend Club One Seven. You can take a motorcycle taxi for 40 Baht (less than US$2) to the Paradise Complex (or better yet, rent your own motor scooter for about 200 Baht per day). I stayed there a lot as my condo was being built. Paradise is about 5 minutes by scooter or 20 minutes by walking.

The staff at Club One Seven can give you all kinds information on tours, etc., and even book them for you. They are incredibly helpful. I'm not usually too keen on gay hotels since some come across to me as a bit sleazy, but I like this one.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
I also liked Club One Seven as the staff were great. If you are looking for something a little more luxurious, I stayed at Ban Yin Dee and it was great. They have a car service that will take you down the hill into Patong for free. It is $40 THB back by tuk tuk. The room and service was great.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I'll be staying at the MGallery B-Lay Tong Phuket next week.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I'll be staying at the MGallery B-Lay Tong Phuket next week.
I'm actually considering booking a stay there in April. Would love to hear your thoughts on it!

j
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:05 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by jmuzz
I'm actually considering booking a stay there in April. Would love to hear your thoughts on it!

j
A full review will be appear in the Accor A-Club forum
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Plat
We are visiting Phuket for the first time this February and decided to stay at the Avista in Kata Beach.

I believe we are doing a day trip with Simba to Krabi and Phi Phi.

Looking forward to hearing some feedback regarding your stay!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Lifetime Gold; DL PM, HiltonHonors Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Thanks for the input on hotels in Phuket. I'll take a look at those you all suggested.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
I would recomend BYD Lofts

www.bydlofts.com

have stayed a few times and you get alot of room for your money and its about 5 mins walk from Paradise Centre.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm going to Phuket for the first time in a fortnight's time. I'll be staying at the Hilton (great points + money rate). Is there a public bus that runs from Karon to Patong or is this gonna end up costing a fortune in taxis? I assume that all the gay bars and such are in Patong.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:04 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

As I mentioned above for those interested in Phuket I have now posted my review of the B-Lay Tong Hotel in Phuket over in the Accor forum.

The hotel is within easy walking distance to the madness of Patong Beach and yet stylish, quiet and cool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.