Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Men's Day Spa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Question Best Men's Day Spa

Am I the only one who gets frustrated in finding a GREAT place for a massage, facial, manicure etc... while travelling? I know most hotels offer SPA services but I have found they don't usually measure up

I have included a list of Men's Day Spa's that I have personally tried and have found to be excellent!! If anyone else has any others please add them.

Buenos Aires: Markus for Men www.markusformen.com

New York: Nickle for Men www.nickelformen.com

Dallas: Grand Spa International www.grandspa.com

Toronto: Cru for Men www.cruformen.com
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL/NW, Proud Sky Club Member
Luxor spa in Las Vegas ^
I have been smothered, covered, sliced and diced there
Old Mar 2, 2006, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
Am I the only one who gets frustrated in finding a GREAT place for a massage, facial, manicure etc... while travelling? I know most hotels offer SPA services but I have found they don't usually measure up

I have included a list of Men's Day Spa's that I have personally tried and have found to be excellent!! If anyone else has any others please add them.

Buenos Aires: Markus for Men www.markusformen.com

New York: Nickle for Men www.nickelformen.com

Dallas: Grand Spa International www.grandspa.com

Toronto: Cru for Men www.cruformen.com
DC has The Grooming Lounge
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:54 am

San Francisco

Nob Hill Spa hands down. Great for all genders!
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:12 am

Seconding the Nickel Spa in NYC

It's a spa only for men (women are admitted on select days), although most of the staff seems to be women -- there are cute male masseurs, however.

It's quite fascinating to see the women staff opening up to the gay males about their boyfriends and brothers, as they give the gay males their manicures and pedicures.

The location is an ideal one in Chelsea, and a lot of gay-friendly straight males now go there.

It's an interesting social dynamic that may represent the future where the air is completely free of any hang ups about what is masculine and what isn't.

Go to the Nickel Spa to be completely refreshed!
Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:33 am
Suspended

The Refinery - London

There are some excellent Day Spas in London Hotels, but The Refinery (opposite Claridge's) is recommended.

They do, however, know how to charge. A 90 minute deep tissue masage costs £103 - around $175.

That's about $2/minute!!!
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Not a huge fan of Nickel in NYC, I thought the massage therapist was quite inexperienced and I was actually in pain for a couple of days after a treatment. The Nickel in Paris on the other hand is much better.

My favorite to this day is still Kinara in West Hollywood on Robertson. I'll second The Refinery in London as a great spa, but very expensive.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
Amsterdam

Sauna Deco at 115 Herengracht is mixed-gender but absolutely gorgeous. The interior fixtures, furniture, staircases, etc. used to be a 1920s Bon Marche department store in Paris. It has been completely reassembled as a day spa, and it is an Art Deco lover's wet dream. A great place to warm up on a dreary Dutch Winter day!

http://www.saunadeco.nl/engels/index2.html

Click on "prizes" to see prices.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P
In SEA we have The Chairman downtown. I've never been but I've heard good things bout it.

Markus in EZE sounds pretty nice; I'll have to check it out. I made the mistake of trying Colmegna a couple months ago there. It was... odd. It seemed rather seedy. The lady giving me a massage was kind of crazy and was chain smoking during the whole thing. I kept getting ashes on me. She was going on and on about how once she gave a massage to the president but she'd never given a massage to a foreigner before and hey, does Bush have bad breath? It was really odd. The pedicure scared me as I was afraid the tools hadn't been sanitized. Imverge, what were the prices at Markus?
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
IMVERGE!!!!THANKS AGAIN
I was just going to do a search to check out the website for Marcus and here is this thread!
As Hyacynth often tell her"artistic son"Sheridan"we must be on the same cosmic wave length"
So,as take me to EZE asked above,how are the prices?
Also,do the have tanning facilities?
And as a "person of size"(read fat)will I feel comfortable-or are the fellas just toooooo beautiful.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs down It ain't worth a nickel!

Originally Posted by aeneastwin
It's a spa only for men (women are admitted on select days), although most of the staff seems to be women -- there are cute male masseurs, however.

It's quite fascinating to see the women staff opening up to the gay males about their boyfriends and brothers, as they give the gay males their manicures and pedicures.

The location is an ideal one in Chelsea, and a lot of gay-friendly straight males now go there.

It's an interesting social dynamic that may represent the future where the air is completely free of any hang ups about what is masculine and what isn't.

Go to the Nickel Spa to be completely refreshed!
This place is an overpriced, overrated joke. Don't do it!!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
^ For Nickel NYC! Remember there is now a Nickel in San Fran too. And of course the original Nickel in Le Marais of Paris.

In Whistler, BC Solarice is gay owned and excellent:
http://www.solarice.com/
Old Mar 7, 2006, 2:11 pm

Although it is not male only, Atlanta's Key Lime Pie Salon and Spa is one of my most favorites.

Also, check out Georgette Klinger in NYC, Chicago, Beverly Hills or Palm Beach.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:45 am

The Men's Spa at the Borgata in Atlantic City is also excellent.
You get complimentary use of the gym, all the wet areas, sauna. There is also a barber on the premises. Had a massage there and was great. Fantastic lounging facilities. The only draw back is it's in Atlantic City
Old Mar 8, 2006, 4:51 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by krug
There are some excellent Day Spas in London Hotels, but The Refinery (opposite Claridge's) is recommended.

They do, however, know how to charge. A 90 minute deep tissue masage costs £103 - around $175.

That's about $2/minute!!!
We went their the day before our wedding (HI had booked us in).

I must say, whilst it was very nice, I was a tad dissapointed in it (don't tell HI). I was sort of expecting the go through the glass doors and spend day in fluffy robes, but we just went to rooms, had treatments, dressed, back to small lounge, treatment room, undress, treatment, dress, back to lounge. Got a bit tedious.

Plus as you say £££££££ - 500 quid for two of us.

I think I'd have a look around before recommending Refinery. Chapneys maybe?

And lets face it, for a hundred quid, I think you can find a nice masseur called Sven who'll make you very happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.