Wiki Posts
Search

Puerto Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Puerto Vallarta

Anyone recommend good places to eat in the gay area of PV? also any attractions I need to check out?

I see some threads on this but they are dated.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 6:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Cafe de Olla has very nice traditional Mexican food. Moderately priced. Right next to it (towards the beach) was a very good taco shop. If the line at Olla is long, we would just grab tacos.

We like Las Palomas for breakfast on the Malecon.

Hacienda San Angel has dining on the top floor. Said to have great views--don't know about the food.

We liked the River Cafe on our trips there.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3.5MM), UA Premier, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott
Originally Posted by chipper
Cafe de Olla has very nice traditional Mexican food. Moderately priced. Right next to it (towards the beach) was a very good taco shop. If the line at Olla is long, we would just grab tacos.

We like Las Palomas for breakfast on the Malecon.

Hacienda San Angel has dining on the top floor. Said to have great views--don't know about the food.

We liked the River Cafe on our trips there.
That would be at Pancho's Tacos - THE best taco's!!! Too many good places to eat, you will have a great time.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I really enjoyed No Way Jose for great Mexican food and (potent) margaritas. The top floor outdoor dining area was excellent.

http://nowayjosemx.com/
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:19 am

FYI

The Malecon is being torn up right now for a remodel, expected to be completed in October, so if you were counting on an ocean view at any of the restaurants in the area, you might look for one on an upper floor.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
I had a great time at this place (http://www.barcelonatapas.net/). The views are awesome and I thought the food was excellent. For me the prices were more in line with a special night out, but we still went twice :-).

It is a taxi ride from Old Vallarta, but they are plentiful and not very expensive.

Take Amex or Cash they do not take V/MC.

Last edited by Dan6681; Jun 22, 2011 at 8:57 am Reason: Take Amex or Cash
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Must go: El Arrayan - great Mexican fare with a fabulous cocktail menu. Be sure to call ahead and make reservations (and be prepared to wait ~30 minutes after your reserved time...) - but well worth the wait.

http://elarrayan.com.mx/home.php
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, SPG
I find this to be a good website on what's available in Puerto Vallarta.

http://www.gayguidevallarta.com/
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:03 am

Vallarta food

I have a condo in old town and spend a lot of time here. The food is amazing and there is a great variety and wide price range. Some of my picks are the taco place next to Cafe Olle. There is a large piece of pork topped by a fresh pineapple which they carve when you order. Cost is 9 pesos (about 80 cents) per taco. The Sea Monkey is on the beach and has good food ( burgers, fresh fish etc.)and $1 Mexican beers and Margaritas. Great value. They also have what they call their very expensive $2 drink menu. There are tables inside and on the beach. The sunsets are great here. This is a new place located past the bridge into old town. There are many great more expensive places. Joe Jacks Fish Shack for fish. Archie's Wok for Asian. Hacienda Alemana for German. La Palapa for expensive/romantic on the beach. There is even Tex-Mex and chicken fried steak at Nacho Daddy's. Every place that others have suggested are good. You cannot go wrong. The problem is making the choice.

Last edited by jwatson; Jul 19, 2011 at 10:18 am
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:12 pm

The Swedes on Olas Altas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.