Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kids Fly Free?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Kids Fly Free?

While searching for fares I noticed the website says "Kids Fly Free", but then links to flyfrontier.com/kidsflyfree which is a broken link.

Where can I find more information on the dates for this offer?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:49 am

https://www.flyfrontier.com/kidsflyfree

Looks like the link is live now
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:16 pm

There is a lot of "fine print" dates and flights are limited, no international flights, only one kid to an adult but still it's a pretty good deal.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
here is another article about it

https://blog.timesunion.com/savings/...flights/23075/

Last edited by MileHighColorado; Jan 24, 2019 at 5:20 pm Reason: add linking
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:07 am
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
It is discrimination. Just because you "have" a kid, you get a free companion. Frontier already lets children who have not paid for carry on bags get a free diaper bag and a free stroller.

I am sick of it. Parents should pay.

Any Discount Den member, then, should be able to bring a free companion.

Last edited by ftv; Jan 29, 2019 at 1:08 am Reason: typo and edition
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ftv
It is discrimination. Just because you "have" a kid, you get a free companion. Frontier already lets children who have not paid for carry on bags get a free diaper bag and a free stroller.

I am sick of it. Parents should pay.

Any Discount Den member, then, should be able to bring a free companion.
Wow. Just wow.
jjbiv, trooper and CoffeePillow like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ages ago TWA had a kids fly free promo every February and March. IIRC if was offered for all domestic flights, one kid per paying adult. I don't remember whether is was coach only but back then FC fares were extremely high and almost no one bought them.
lewisc likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have a trip from SEA to DEN and looked at this promo, it’s $39 per ticket and as a family with 2 adults and 3 children we would essesntially get 2 free. After joining the Den, paying for copious amounts of ski bags and payment for a seat, it would be $350-400 for all 5 of us. Would be $450 or so with DL or AS, but we get free bags/seat assignments with them and they have more flights w better timing. Not sure saving at most $100 over 5 pax makes it a good deal.
trooper and lidosjawn like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:35 pm

I doubt if its actually classed as "discrimination"...I wasn't aware being childless made you a "protected class"... I don't have kids either...but these offers take nothing AWAY from me..... so I don't care.
Getting bent out of shape because some little extras are offered to others but NOT to you sounds like a recipe for unhappiness. Do you get annoyed when veterans are offered early boarding? Do you get annoyed when standing on a full train and the woman next to you gets offered a seat, and you do not?
jjbiv likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I have a trip from SEA to DEN and looked at this promo, it’s $39 per ticket and as a family with 2 adults and 3 children we would essesntially get 2 free. After joining the Den, paying for copious amounts of ski bags and payment for a seat, it would be $350-400 for all 5 of us. Would be $450 or so with DL or AS, but we get free bags/seat assignments with them and they have more flights w better timing. Not sure saving at most $100 over 5 pax makes it a good deal.
Love how you did the math on this. Seeing on some other threads about this not on Flyertalk people saving way more than $100. Really depends on what you end up with. Does DL or AS count ski bags are normal checked bags? I know F9 does which has always been surprising to me. No oversized charge.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:45 am
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Actually, "familial status" IS a protected class. Similar to denying a hotel room (or airline seating) because someone "has" a child (and there is talk of about not permitting children in F class)

It has nothing to do with others getting certain seating courtesies....this is about me subsidizing someone else's child (their choice) when I have paid into the Club the same as them and do not receive the same benefit. I have been F9 Elite for two years and D Den for three, and yes, as a paid member, I should be able to take a free companion if another person can, and not simply base the benefit on familial status
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:54 am

You will notice the promotion does not require that the child traveling with you be your child. Thus, all members are being treated the same.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:59 am

My wife and three kids (6, 8, and 12) are taking a trip this summer. If we buy an adult ticket for my wife and an adult ticket for one of the kids, the other two should be free, right? In other words, the two paid tickets just have to be adult fares, not actual adults?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Took advantage of this to get from Bozeman to Denver. In the end the savings for the kids was a tiny amount because the taxes and fees werent free for the kids and we effectively spent $20 per kid on the membership and then we had to buy the bags/seats package for all 5. But hey, $350 for 5 pax with 5 carry ons, 5 bags and seats was as good as it gets. UA wanted $250 per passenger.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Do you need to be logged in as a Discount Den member to see availability? EDIT - never mind I looked at another route and saw availability - you don't need to be logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.