Wiki Posts
Search

Seats already assigned at check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seats already assigned at check-in?

I had considerable weirdness checking in for my Frontier flight today. I initially looked to check-in about 20 hours before the flight and saw mostly empty seats on the plane. So I didn't complete check-in (assuming I'd avoid the back of the plane if I waited). When I returned about 6 hours later, my reservation said that seats had already been assigned to my party of 3. Good seats, near the front (not stretch). When I clicked the check-in button, it said my "cart" price was $66. I tried to click the tab that says something like "what happens if I don't pay for seats" and it took me to an information page from which I couldn't proceed. So I went back and just went along with "the game." After declining the usual baggage fees, it gave me the boarding passes in the seats that were assigned to me. It never said anything about owing them money.

Weird. I sure hope there's no charge on my credit card for this! I obviously never agreed to pay anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.