Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Elite Status Program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Sorry to see that they didn't change the expiration for six months of inactivity.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
"Daddy's Reclaim Program" ...hehehe.

Dad gets to do what companies have wanted to do for years.
OF course if Dad is paying for the tickets why shouldn't he get to control the points? I see this a a positive especially for those families who take trips with several children.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
OF course if Dad is paying for the tickets why shouldn't he get to control the points? I see this a a positive especially for those families who take trips with several children.
Maybe the legacy airlines didn't want to set any precedents about one person earning from flying activity of several people because they saw a slippery slope to a reclaim program if they violated the one-person-one-account structure. They also wanted to make money on transferring miles between family members. @:-) And they generally didn't think a family of four they'd see once or twice a year deserved much of anything (though they won't say that).

Not that I'm defending any of that. Frontier's idea might catch on but I think they're limiting it and paving the way for confusion by requiring the pool head to either be an elite or a cardholder.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by scruffy
Sorry to see that they didn't change the expiration for six months of inactivity.
Yeah, they need a less-aggressive policy there if they want to be ready for prime time. I think they need 18-month rolling with partner earnings or redemptions re-setting the clock, just like UA or AA.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, AA EP, DL Diamond, UA PLATINUM, Amtrak Select Plus
i just status matched to 100k. i was curious, can i pool mqm's here too? like i want to get to 100k for the next year, i can add 4 of my friends and fam to my pool. if i got all 5 of us a round trip, would i get 10 segments? or do i still need to fly 100 segments on my own ? thanks so much
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by hkhan92
i just status matched to 100k. i was curious, can i pool mqm's here too? like i want to get to 100k for the next year, i can add 4 of my friends and fam to my pool. if i got all 5 of us a round trip, would i get 10 segments? or do i still need to fly 100 segments on my own ? thanks so much
Elite status is only based upon your activity. Pooling only applies to redeemable miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.