Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal Item - bookbag?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Personal Item - bookbag?

I see the dimensions online... i'm about to take a trip on Frontier DCA-DEN-DCA (first time flying them) with my wife and young child. Our diaper bag is basically a backpack - which is close to those personal item dimensions - my question is how "exact" are they when we are at the gate boarding?

I'm T-40 hours right now, so still can prepay for a carry on (saving money before T-24), just not sure i need to..
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by levilevi
my question is how "exact" are they when we are at the gate boarding?
They are not that picky, if it doesn't appear grossly over size then it will likely be OK. I think there may be some special rules about diaper bags.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:50 pm

I see the dimensions online... i'm about to take a trip on Frontier DCA-DEN-DCA (first time flying them) with my wife and young child. Our diaper bag is basically a backpack - which is close to those personal item dimensions - my question is how "exact" are they when we are at the gate boarding?

I'm T-40 hours right now, so still can prepay for a carry on (saving money before T-24), just not sure i need to..
I frequently travel with a backpack, usually slightly over dimensions, never a problem. Most of the time the GA could care less, especially in both DEN and DCA. They'll make an announcement about it in DCA if I recall the crew there, but I've never seen them do anything.

Once on the plane the crew could care less, and has no idea who payed for a carry-on or not, they just see that all safety regulations are complied with.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Our diaper bag...
Essential baby items are exempted from fees under the Sports Equipment and Special Items banner.

Baby Items- Essential
Diaper bag, stroller. Refer to Child Restraint systems for information on Car Seat and Restraint devices.

Refer to Strollers for more information on child mobility.
Exempt item when traveling with the infant, no charges apply.
Checked: Yes

Carry-On: Yes
Except where required under the Montreal Convention, Frontier is not liable for the mentioned items if you pack them and they are damaged unless packaged in a hard-sided case

https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel-information/baggage/
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

awesome, thanks all!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
there are roll-aboard bags that match the "personal-item" dimensions.
I got mine at walmart. I've used it on probably a dozen trips so far, and it's never been a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.