Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Challenge or status match?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska mvp G, AA Exec Plat, Marriott/SPG platinum, United Silver, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond
Challenge or status match?

Currently executive platinum on AA... does frontier do a match or a challenge?

thanks
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:17 pm

I have status on Delta and am also curious about this as I have some upcoming travel on routes where Frontier would work out better for me. Might switch with a match or challenge

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:28 pm

They don't officially do a status match, but I was able to find the email of somebody in the EarlyReturns department online somewhere (I think it was on elliott.org, but can't find it now) to email about a status match. I was told that they do not do a status match but they would offer complimentary Elite status through the end of the year to experience their status.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Frontier as with Elite status, its really not that different from any other airline. You get complimentary upgrades to stretch seating, free carry-on, priority boarding. If they flew to my home airport I wouldn't hesitate to fly them. I also noticed they aren't as trigger happy with the seatbelt light as other airlines, which is a pleasant change.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Anyone else have any luck getting any type of status match from frontier to another airline? I know Alaska air has a 20k threshold for their MVP status doesn't seem too far fetched
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:40 pm

The have been preyy scattered about matches. I'd ask and see what the answer is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.