Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Buying tickets at airport; need ID for all passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

I just bought tickets at the Cleveland airport for 2 passengers (myself and a friend), and each of us had to show our driver's license before the agent would sell to us.

When I bought a single ticket months ago for myself, I wasn't asked for ID. Likewise, whenever I have bought Spirit tickets --regardless of how many tickets I was purchasing-- I have never been asked for ID.

Is this a new Federal requirement now? Or just something that Frontier has instituted?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:29 pm

Doesn't seem like government idea, for example to buy a ticket on line there is not security. In any event to gain access to security you need to show an ID. Seems like something is wrong. Have you reached out to Frontier by phone or twitter? Their airport staff are all contract and not always the brightest bulbs.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Were the tickets for immediate travel?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

No, travel is for end of November into December.

I thought it might have been a federal requirement to help vet out someone buying tickets for --ahem-- "bad" people.

That was the only thing I could think of.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

No, I didn't reach out to Frontier yet by the way. I figured I would check here first in case I somehow missed some important new Federal requirement being announced.

Never mind that I read FlyerTalk everyday...LOL
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:08 am

It is possible that Frontier is trying to discourage these types of sales by complicating the process.

It is also possible the TA was simply reacting as usual since they do need to see ID to check bags, process credit cards etc.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Just an update...

I called Frontier and this is definitely their standing policy. It is very inconvenient to me. Like was previously said, this may be a way to discourage people from buying at the airport to save the CIC fee.

When I mentioned that one could buy online without showing a driver's license (obviously), the agent just reiterated that it was "to make sure the names match up" when buying at the airport. In other words, a non-answer.

I am hopeful Spirit does not start a similar policy...
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:51 pm

Can you just bring a photo of the other travelers' IDs? Keep photos accessible on your phone and you are all set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.