Wiki Posts
Search

F9 last few rows only $5

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
F9 last few rows only $5

Anybody know why Frontier is selling the last few rows of its planes for a $5 dollar seat fee ($0 for the middle). Other than being in the back is there any other issue, narrow seats, less legroom??
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Anybody know why Frontier is selling the last few rows of its planes for a $5 dollar seat fee ($0 for the middle). Other than being in the back is there any other issue, narrow seats, less legroom??
Not as far as I know. It may just be an attempt to get a few more people purchase reserved seats. Those last rows never sold very well. I always buy a seat and would consider buying a cheap seat.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:25 am

I have to say, if available, these rows are a great value for a family looking to book seats together. $36 each way for my family is now only down to $10 each way for my family. That $26 savings for us went to getting an additional bag each way. Very good value considering the price of Frontier's fares and the constant fare sales they have.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:15 pm

I understand others have different feelings, but I can't imagine buying seats in the last few rows of the plane. I have flown F9 a number of times with family members and have always gotten seats together. I never buy seats, I just go with the "I'll take whatever" option. 24 hours before the flight, if you check in, my experience is that they assign seats starting aft of the exit rows, going from A to F. If you watch, you see the seats fill as people check in. You can then check in and get the next X seats, with X being the number of people in your party. Even though I would never do it, I understand buying seats toward the front of the plane, but not the back. The fear of not being assigned seats together on F9 is very overblown in my experience.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:23 am

I always purchase a seat, even when traveling alone because I always want an aisle seat.
I'd select one toward the rear of the plane if it was cheaper.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I'll also assume good motivations on this in that they want more people buying and especially don't want to get stuck with having to split families into separate middle seats.

One of the elite perks is getting to select a seat on purchase (as long as it's not in the first 3 rows or exit row). I usually go for 5A (with row 4 you can get reclined on). Then there's the upgrading to the first 3 rows or exit row in the 24-hour check-in window, if there are any left.

Most flights I've been on recently have looked 90%+ full, though in some cases it probably took some real discounting to get to that. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.