Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F9 MCI-MKE flight delay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

F9 MCI-MKE flight delay

In the words of Wayne Larrivee, the play-by-play voice of the Green Bay Packers' radio broadcasts,

Insult to injury for Packers backers the 7:35 flight out of KCI has been delayed to 12:10am if it goes! Yes I am one of those people.
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ate=2011-12-18

The flight originates in NOLA and is now scheduled to depart MSY at 9:45 tonite, about 4.75 hours behind schedule. Arrival in MCI not scheduled until 11:41 PM.

Other media also booked on the flight. ESPN Wisconsin senior NFL writer Jason Wilde tweeted:

How can you be mad when a smiling @FlyFrontier bunny smiles and Tweets at you? RT @FrontierCare: I am again very sorry.
I sure hope they have lots of warm cookies to serve. Vouchers for $200 to be handed out to boarding pax.

Update...the crew scheduled to work the flight has "timed out." It does not look good for tonite.

Last edited by mke9499; Dec 18, 2011 at 9:06 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 5:55 am

Looks like the flight finally landed at MKE just before 2am this morning.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:11 am

Got in to Milwaukee at 1:49am...4 hours and 50 minutes late.

I wonder how Jason Wilde will sound on WKLH this morning. One of his last tweets was wondering why they wouldn't send the MKE-MCI plane (which probably arrived around 10pm) back to MKE. I tweeted him that sending the MKE-KC plane back to MKE would probably have screwed up maintenence rotation, which is probably the most reasonable and understandable possiblle explaination that fits into 140 characters.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by knope2001
Got in to Milwaukee at 1:49am...4 hours and 50 minutes late.

I wonder how Jason Wilde will sound on WKLH this morning.
Wilde never mentions the delay.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Looks like the flight finally landed at MKE just before 2am this morning.
I had my post started before yours posted...I didn't mean to be one of those people who correct "before 2am" with "1:49am"...sorry!

RSVP, thanks for the updated on Wilde -- I often listen to that segement but am in NYC. Probably picked a good weekend to be unplugged from Packers Nation.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by knope2001
I had my post started before yours posted...I didn't mean to be one of those people who correct "before 2am" with "1:49am"...sorry!
I would never accuse you of such things...

One other question...I wonder why Larriee was on this flight? Don't the announcers usually travel with the team? IIRC, the Packers typically flew on NW...are they still with DL?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
One other question...I wonder why Larriee was on this flight? Don't the announcers usually travel with the team? IIRC, the Packers typically flew on NW...are they still with DL?
Larrivee lives about 30 miles north of MKE, while his drive from GRB is about 100 miles.

The Packers do indeed have a charter agreement with DL.
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ate=2011-12-18

BTW, I did not hear Larrivee mention the delay this morning on WTMJ Radio, either. They are probably just glad to have gotten out of MCI and are more upset over the game's outcome , than the delayed flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.