Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Who We All Are in the Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who We All Are in the Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns forum

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2011, 3:07 pm

I'm a college student and I currently attend the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND majoring in airport management. Because of this I'm forced to fly Delta through MSP home, or drive to Fargo to get a non-stop back to Denver.

I was born and raised in Denver, CO so my travel has been split between Frontier and United. My mother used to work as a computer programmer for United and received great travel benefits while I was younger, so I suppose that is where I got my interest in commercial aviation.

From what I have flown with frontier I have been very impressed, great crew and great branding. I hope they are able to stay afloat and offer some service into Grand Forks or Fargo so I can get back on board soon.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:03 am

Thanks for the bio! Would be nice to see Frontier back in ND at some point...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL GM, F9 50K, NK Gold...AS MVP 50K soon?
I've been around here for a bit, so I guess I should chime in, as probably the youngest flier here (20.5).

I'm a Florida transplant to the Texas hill country (might help with insight on the screen name) who's going to Colorado School of Mines for ETM (short-form engineering-focused MBA) since, beyond the classes I've already taken for my Computer Science bachelor's, there aren't a whole lot of fun classes left in that department

My first commercial flight was SAT-DFW-DEN on AA in March 2007 to check out Mines. Since then I've flown four segments on CO, two on US, two on AA, a handful on WN and a few dozen on F9. F9 travel has, with two exceptions, been SAT-DEN, AUS-DEN or the reverse.

I don't have airline heritage in my blood, but, with a window seat on a comfortable plane (E90s or above...or an E70 in a pinch), I love getting from point A to point B at hundreds of miles per hour. Frontier makes this process even better, provided their schedule meshes with when I need to be back home or back at school.

This year I've become a bit of a frequent flier. This year it looks like I'll end up flying ten one-ways with Frontier, nine with Southwest, one with United, one with AA and one with US Airways. Kinda crazy for a lowly college student, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been fun (well...except for that AA flight).

I can say with certainty that Frontier is my favorite airline out of the ones I've flown (all of the above except United, who will be with Shuttle America anyway). Southwest may have as much traffic by me as Frontier, but the majority of those flights are paid for by points (and one Standard Award), not cash. The other flights? US and AA were booked based on price alone by a third party for a business trip, while UA had a Monday-after-Thanksgiving flight with scheduling that I couldn't miss. But that's the way the cookie crumbles...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by iansltx
I've been around here for a bit, so I guess I should chime in, as probably the youngest flier here (20.5).
Welcome to FT. We're looking forward to more meaningful dialogue.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
I suppose I can introduce myself since I've been hanging around here more and more the last couple years.

My first time flying was in July of 1999 on US, DAY-CLT-TPA, to see my grandmother one last time before she passed away. Airlines and flying have always been a part of life to an extent. I had a grand father killed in the crash of Allegheny Airlines flight 853. My other grandfather had his private, commercial, and instrument ratings and was a machinist for TWA for a time after exiting the Air Force. I grew up hearing a lot of flying stories. I originally joined these boards when I was a senior in high school to watch the happenings of Delta as well as Airtran in the early to mid 2000's. Finally, A couple years out of high school I started working on a degree in aviation technology once I realized that was my passion.

Currently, I'm a pre-Republic Frontier employee. I was interviewed and hired shortly before the bankruptcy auction. I was really sweating it when I heard Southwest was trying to buy us instead of Republic. I was happy with the outcome and still am. Things have changed A LOT since then, but we keep on keeping on. It's ever changing and no day at work is the same. I love my job and love my airline.

Last edited by BViPeR04; Sep 11, 2011 at 1:22 am
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:00 am

Thanks for jumping in with your story. Always interesting to know where people "come from" (in multiple senses of the word).
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:24 pm

Smile

I'm new to Flyertalk, but I started posting about Frontier on Yahoo Finance back in 1998 and then slowly gravitated to airliners.net - ten years there, time for a change of scene, perhaps.

Six years ago, I moved to New Zealand and thought my interest in Frontier would go away - but it hasn't. If anything my association has grown, and, oddly, I probably know more people there now than when I lived in the US.

I think the airline is at a very interesting juncture - it's been there a couple of times before, but this one may be the most important. I'm looking forward to the future. :-)
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:16 am

Great to have you here! This board tends to be a lot calmer than a.net, with a somewhat smaller number of participants. Many of us came here from the old YX board, so we can always use more members who have less of an MKE focus.

One of the things I like about this board (in addition to the high proportion of genuinely good, helpful and reasonable people) is that there’s less of the “24 hour news cycle” syndrome over here. That syndrome includes tendencies to:

--Continually find something to be worked up about.

--In the absence of new things to talk about, continually beat the same old stuff to death until there is new stuff to beat beyond the point of submission.

--Frame every last piece of new information with predestined ideology and dogma.

Not that none of that happens here, nor that there’s never any guilt my direction. (As a Catholic, the guilt is in my DNA anyway.) But things don’t tend to spiral out of control as much here.

Welcome aboard!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by davywavy
I'm new to Flyertalk, but I started posting about Frontier on Yahoo Finance back in 1998 and then slowly gravitated to airliners.net - ten years there, time for a change of scene, perhaps.

Six years ago, I moved to New Zealand and thought my interest in Frontier would go away - but it hasn't. If anything my association has grown, and, oddly, I probably know more people there now than when I lived in the US.

I think the airline is at a very interesting juncture - it's been there a couple of times before, but this one may be the most important. I'm looking forward to the future. :-)
I also echo knope's welcome. I am familiar with who you are on a.net, but I'm not a member there, so I'm glad you are migrating over here. Things are a little more civil here most of the time.

I think you'll be impressed with the contributors on this board. Hopefully your close connections to F9 will help us better understand future developments as they occur.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by knope2001
Great to have you here! This board tends to be a lot calmer than a.net, with a somewhat smaller number of participants. Many of us came here from the old YX board, so we can always use more members who have less of an MKE focus.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks, Knope. Calm is good. :-)

I don't know if it will be a full migration - a ten year addiction is hard to break - but the other board, or rather the other thread, has ceased to be fun and if it isn't fun why do it?

I also have an increasing interest in a start-up LCC down under - Air Australia - which probably won't get a lot of attention here.

Obviously, I'm still getting used to this site, feeling my way around, and - so far - all's well.

davy
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by davywavy
Thanks, Knope. Calm is good. :-)

I don't know if it will be a full migration - a ten year addiction is hard to break - but the other board, or rather the other thread, has ceased to be fun and if it isn't fun why do it?

I also have an increasing interest in a start-up LCC down under - Air Australia - which probably won't get a lot of attention here.

Obviously, I'm still getting used to this site, feeling my way around, and - so far - all's well.

davy
One of the nice things about FT is that things are divided into specific categories, so you can pick and choose. There's a lot more activity here, but it's not all lumped in to just a few forums.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
Welcome!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Welcome!
Ditto!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by knope2001
One of the things I like about this board (in addition to the high proportion of genuinely good, helpful and reasonable people) is that there’s less of the “24 hour news cycle” syndrome over here.
This is very insightful, knope. Ideally, this is what all of Flyertalk should be about. It's gratifying to see that the regulars in this forum exemplify the kind of participation that keeps Flyertalk both reputable and vibrant. ^
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:27 am

Hi gang,

My name is Jason and I am a F9er...

[group response- "Hi Jason"]

Before joining FT forums, I had done a fair amount of travel for pleasure between US, Mexico, Germany, Hawaii, and many domestic cities. When I entered a new job last fall as a "Training Professional", I am excited to be transitioning from a technical position to one where I get the pleasure of "traveling to train teachers technology!"

So, in the interests of getting up to speed on traveling trends, I found FT and joined. One of my first posts was to find out about all the latest gadgets and accessories travel pros use to make their lives easier. It landed a few new items into my travel bag too! As the training season begins to ramp up, I am sure I will be tagging the miles quickly enough.

Since we are a Denver-based company, Frontier is usually the first one we try because it's the HQ locale. Also, from what I understand, Frontier also is easiest to gain status on, and in case our travel plans change, the ability to avoid change fees is a bonus. Additionally, the installers usually have to check bags, and the company likes to save money where ever they can! Finally, Frontier seems to have been quite competitive on price.

What is concerning to me now though is the comment from my Manager that Frontier appears to be dropping some routes (the IND-DEN flight @ 8pm on weekdays used to be available M-F, apparently there was another route from El Paso that was dropped, and one from ATL as well...)

Anyway, I am approaching Ascent status alread and it's only the middle of February, so here's to ELite by the end of March! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.