FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   Huge queues CDG T1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1808851-huge-queues-cdg-t1.html)

dand99 Dec 15, 2016 2:11 am

Huge queues CDG T1

Not letting people up the escalators to passport control.

I've been up there, queues snaking all around the floor. Looks like a two hour queue...

If course, no-one knows what is going on...

Thank YOU, CDG

stimpy Dec 16, 2016 1:56 am

In the AF forum here people have been discussing the immigration problem at T2 for a while now so there seems to be a serious issue. Personally I will be flying into one of the secondary cities in France such as LYS and make sure I avoid CDG. Perhaps ORY would be better than CDG if you need to go to Paris?

Tamino Dec 16, 2016 7:22 am

On more than one occasion, I have spent over 1 hour in just the passport control line of Terminal 1 at CDG. I always allow 2 to 3 hours processing time when flying out of CDG.

Goldorak Dec 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 27619683)
In the AF forum here people have been discussing the immigration problem at T2 for a while now so there seems to be a serious issue. Personally I will be flying into one of the secondary cities in France such as LYS and make sure I avoid CDG. Perhaps ORY would be better than CDG if you need to go to Paris?

I flew to LYS recently from AMS and the experience was not better. Normally no passport control arriving from Schengen, but we got one. Only one booth open. It took forever (>30 min) :mad:

stimpy Dec 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 27622067)
I flew to LYS recently from AMS and the experience was not better. Normally no passport control arriving from Schengen, but we got one. Only one booth open. It took forever (>30 min) :mad:

I fly to LYS often and there is rarely a queue more than 20 minutes on the inbound. However even if it is 20-30 minutes, it's better than 2 hours!

tcmb99 Dec 18, 2016 9:22 pm

October 2016 I spent nearly 1.5 hours on exit queue. It is people exiting a country, how hard is it to put a stamp on a passport.

Unfortunately I got stuck on trains, had to wait in queues for hours etc way too many times in France. There seems to be some sort of strike or slow down at any given moment in some area of public life.

pewpew Dec 20, 2016 8:23 pm

This thread really reassures me about my 4h30 (YYZ-)CDG T2A -> Montparnasse connection on 1/1 :p

dand99 Dec 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Eventually took about two hours in total. Horrible.

GAs from various airlines would walk around shouting for people from X flight to go to the front of the queue. Unfortunately, they would do so in select (random ?) areas so not everyone got the message. The delay may have had something to do with the border control computers (or not) and a border police "semi-strike" (or not) - no-one bothered to let the pax know.

I turned up to queue and asked the "gate minder" where F1 access was. I was told there was none and that everyone was queuing together. an hour later, having queued my way across part of the line I saw that F1 access was on the other side of the queue :mad:

Amazingly, the flight managed to leave with minimal delay. I think that at some point the queues died down.

Originally Posted by dand99 (Post 27614514)
Not letting people up the escalators to passport control.

I've been up there, queues snaking all around the floor. Looks like a two hour queue...

If course, no-one knows what is going on...

Thank YOU, CDG

Bricktop Jan 2, 2017 6:45 pm

Getting in and out at T1 was a nightmare when we were there last month. Three booths for arriving, two for departure. Even the EU passport holders were backed up and getting pissy.