FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flyertalk Cares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares-688/)
-   -   Support a FT friend while supporting a great cause! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares/193798-support-ft-friend-while-supporting-great-cause.html)

andymo99 Aug 20, 2002 12:36 pm

Support a FT friend while supporting a great cause!

Hey folks,

I am an occasional lurker here and an active contributor on the DL board. I hope that posting some of our activity here is not out of line.

For quite a long time at the DL board, we had an exceptional DL employee actively participating. Russ, an Atlanta Crown Room employee, would answer questions, post promotions, settle confusion, etc... and he always did it all on his own time. It was a fantastic reflection on his commitment to his employer and to his customers.

Unfortunately, unlike Starwood Lurker, it turned out that DL did not appreciate his outstanding Customer Service, and he was asked to stop participating in our community. His absence from the board has been a real loss for those of us who fly DL.

Anyhow, it recently came to our attention that Russ is walking with some DL colleagues in an Atlanta AIDS Fundraiser in October. I caught wind of this yesterday, at which point he had raised $25 toward his $1000 goal. <24 hours after I posted his quest on the DL board, he is well over $1K, and he has raised his goal to $2500. The outpouring of support is a great reflection on his incredible contributions and the FT spirit.

Anyhow, I thought I would post this information to the broader FT community in the event that additional people would support a true FT gem! You can access our DL board thread at this link for more details, or you can go straight to Russ' donor page via this link.

Again, I hope that I am not intruding inappropriately at FT community. I look forward to watching Russ' "pledge meter" rise even more rapidly through the generosity of fellow FT'ers.

Yours,
andymo99

RSSrsvp Aug 20, 2002 1:34 pm

Guys, this is a worthy cause and we should all join in and show our support to a true friend of FT.

obscure2k Aug 20, 2002 3:40 pm

Quote: "I thought I would post this information to the broader FT community in the event that additional people would support a true FT gem!"

Definitely a "FT gem." Supporting the AIDS Walk Atl, is a great way to show our appreciation .

wharvey Aug 20, 2002 5:01 pm

Fantastic Community Post.

William

Catman Aug 20, 2002 9:17 pm

These are the type of posts that show TRUE FLYERTALK COMMUNITY.

Andy... you have contribution and thanks for letting us know about this.

FOUR MAJOR PAWS UP!!!

Randy Petersen Aug 20, 2002 10:00 pm

I'm in for $100 (an official FlyerTalk donation) and an appreciation for his contributions to FlyerTalk in the past as well as acknowledgement of the charity and cause of record.

While my guess is that Delta is not prepared for liability and other concerns coming out of such "official" employee action, i think FT has proven time and time again that employees like Russ, the Starwood Lurker and many more is the way some of customer service looks in the age of the Internet.

obscure2k Aug 20, 2002 11:10 pm

Quote by Randy Peterson: :"I'm in for $100 (an official FlyerTalk donation) and an appreciation for his contributions to FlyerTalk in the past as well as acknowledgement of the charity and cause of record."
--Thanks to Randy for acknowledging and supporting Russ and the contributions he has made to the FT board. --

RSSrsvp Aug 21, 2002 6:10 am

Yes Randy, it is a shame that DL does not understand the importance on an official online presence for intelligent and caring employee such as Russ. Often times you can substitute George Orwell's "Big Brother" with "Simply Good Business" at DL, and they are one and the same. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsdown.gif

Once again, thanks for your support of Russ and this worthy cause that he is working for.

Russ21Atl Aug 22, 2002 3:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Randy Petersen:
I'm in for $100 (an official FlyerTalk donation) and an appreciation for his contributions to FlyerTalk in the past as well as acknowledgement of the charity and cause of record.</font>
Thank you Mr. Petersen! This is great. I never thought I'd get this much support. Thank you to all who can contribute and/or walk.

RSSrsvp Aug 22, 2002 6:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Catman:
These are the type of posts that show TRUE FLYERTALK COMMUNITY.

Andy... you have contribution and thanks for letting us know about this.

FOUR MAJOR PAWS UP!!!
</font>
Catman, thanks for your support as this is a worthy cause and Russ is a great FT'er. When andymo99 posted this on FT Community, I knew you would show up for the party. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

obscure2k Aug 22, 2002 7:45 pm

--Russ21Atl is within a few hundred dollars of his goal--Thanks to the FT community for their support. This is the FT Community at it's shining best. --

obscure2k Aug 23, 2002 10:02 pm

Let's show what this community is all about--help Russ make his goal this weekend.

JAX Flier Aug 24, 2002 4:39 am

Charity begins at home and this is our home. What a great use for this Board. I, too, have donated and encourage everyone with the means to do so also!

------------------
"A Mile here is an Upgrade there!"

Russ21Atl Aug 24, 2002 10:02 pm

Thank you to everyone! As of 12M on Saturday night the total stands at $2,625!

7 weeks to go until the walk too....I wonder how much above the goal it'll go?

Remember to foward the thread to as many people as possible for maximum exposure!

Again, thank you for your support!

RSSrsvp Aug 27, 2002 7:38 am

Folks, Russ is now $150 away from his new $3000 goal for this worthy cause. Your continued support is still needed.