FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Will AY Extend elite status or otherwise incentivize travel postponed by COVID-19? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/2012286-will-ay-extend-elite-status-otherwise-incentivize-travel-postponed-covid-19-a.html)

TTL Jul 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Two long haul vouchers available until 25.09.2021.

Two more long haul vouchers available until 01.04.2022. Dunno where they came from.

PM if interested.

PS. The flights can (of course) take place also later than the vouchers are redeemable. And one LH = 4 SH upgrades. Chat: it is only possible to upgrade itineraries not waitlisted unless waitlisting is recalled first by the flying passenger(s). Point upgrades can most likely be changed to voucher upgrades using chat - I have not yet tried that for anyone but myself. So far one four LH vouchers consumed. Thank You for all participants.

ffay005 Jul 20, 2021 9:22 am

I wonder what's going on with UG vouchers. I suddenly received two Euro vouchers, both of which expire shortly. No vouchers have expired before so these are somehow completely new. I quickly used them to upgrade DXB flights next winter, so thank you AY!

kauppias Jul 20, 2021 9:55 am

Lucky for some of you guys getting extra LH vouchers :)

No luck here, though no real use for them at the moment either... One would think upgrades would clear semi easy right now 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fims Jul 20, 2021 11:30 am

I think it is easy to upgrade the flights a week ahead, but otherwise it seems that it all goes to waiting lists, which likely will clear.

kauppias Jul 20, 2021 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 33423068)
I think it is easy to upgrade the flights a week ahead, but otherwise it seems that it all goes to waiting lists, which likely will clear.

Yeah propably so, it looks like very little J space is open atleast on the ORD flight

Fims Jul 21, 2021 9:56 am

I looked at the account today again and the one long haul voucher available until 25.09.2021 has now disappeared. Reminds me like earlier in the year Accor added suite upgrade vouchers, which were also gone a week later.

Frankly, if Finnair gives these extra vouchers these days for near-future time-frame, it is good incentive to make some bookings. Considering that long-haul cabins are not too busy, giving some Plats a voucher would perhaps encourage taking a trip sooner than later. Considering that onboard service is reduced anyway, it's nice.

Now when they are opening the lounges, I wonder if they will bring back the double points campaign as well, like last year.

intuition Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 33425799)
I looked at the account today again and the one long haul voucher available until 25.09.2021 has now disappeared.

My revived shothaul vouchers are also gone again. I guess they batched a +6M to all vouchers, expired ones too. And I guess these "technical issues" have way higher priority than the "temporary" issues in the finnairshop...

OH-LGG Jul 21, 2021 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 33425799)
Now when they are opening the lounges

Opening one lounge.

Fims Jul 21, 2021 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 33425848)
My revived shothaul vouchers are also gone again. I guess they batched a +6M to all vouchers, expired ones too. And I guess these "technical issues" have way higher priority than the "temporary" issues in the finnairshop...

In my case, I had nothing expiring 25th March... So this 25th Sept was more looking like a campaign. In current situation giving something and then taking it away is not that customer friendly.

florens Dec 3, 2021 7:16 am

The following message pops up on my profile:

I signed up to AY+ in September 2021. Website still shows that tracking period ends at 30.9.2022 though.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cc046dccc.jpeg

lkrt Dec 3, 2021 7:18 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 33780015)
The following message pops up on my profile:

I signed up to AY+ in September 2021. Website still shows that tracking period ends at 30.9.2022 though.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cc046dccc.jpeg

It's the same message that's been there probably for every tier member since 2020. More details here.

florens Dec 3, 2021 7:21 am

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 33780019)
It's the same message that's been there probably for every tier member since 2020. More details here.

Oh I see. I've never seen that message before. :D

intuition Dec 21, 2021 4:08 am

So what are the idiot's take on seeing another extension or incentive - considering Finnair has very recently had one status-match and one "buy-your-status" promo?

Personally, I feel a general extension of the type done 4 times is ruled out. I can't see them adding 6 months to all members one more time, with so many members now having plat well into 2024. Unless they base a descision based only on the end date for current membership year (i.e. not taking into consideration those already requalified and the "climbing the ladder"-effect). Would they?

One could imagine a targeted extension or targeted incentives, because there are also many members who will soon be downgraded because they were in the end of the original membership year when covid hit. Does anyone see that as likely?

The situation is that the current points-promo has a dilemma for members like me who will soon be downgraded. Because if the points-promo is a success and leads to no more extensions / incentives, then this group has either the choice of buying points we don't need just to get tier-points or face downgrade to gold in a time when flying likely will be impossible due to new travel restriction.

kauppias Dec 21, 2021 7:38 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 33831203)
So what are the idiot's take on seeing another extension or incentive - considering Finnair has very recently had one status-match and one "buy-your-status" promo?

Personally, I feel a general extension of the type done 4 times is ruled out. I can't see them adding 6 months to all members one more time, with so many members now having plat well into 2024. Unless they base a descision based only on the end date for current membership year (i.e. not taking into consideration those already requalified and the "climbing the ladder"-effect). Would they?

One could imagine a targeted extension or targeted incentives, because there are also many members who will soon be downgraded because they were in the end of the original membership year when covid hit. Does anyone see that as likely?

The situation is that the current points-promo has a dilemma for members like me who will soon be downgraded. Because if the points-promo is a success and leads to no more extensions / incentives, then this group has either the choice of buying points we don't need just to get tier-points or face downgrade to gold in a time when flying likely will be impossible due to new travel restriction.

Perhaps something like what SK did with s tierpoints multiplier on Finnair flights...

But I doubt anymore extensions will come, I guess it depends on what all trouble this omicron variant has time to cause...

Jainzar Dec 21, 2021 9:25 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 33831203)

Targeted makes sense if you think about FFs who mainly flew LH to Asia, especially to China and Japan.

From the big picture SH travellers should be ok, especially domestic. Maybe there are some destinations that were dropped and keep a very few from flying AY and OW, shouldn‘t be challenging to check.

In the first case I see this as likely, given how crucial Asia is for AY.