Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Argh. And I was about to propose a PW meetup with cancelling tix in sauna and trapped in quarantine in PW due to salad-virus attack
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:14 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
We are not too far away from possible shutdown of practically all operations, I’d give it another week, max 2.

I truly hope I’m too pessimistic.
florens and esledo like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by SuloL
You won the bet. On the March 14th travel advisory on AY page:

"Changes in airport services, Finnair Platinum Wing will be closed as of 18 March

We are making changes to our airport services to reduce direct contact between our customers and ground crew. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and crew. We ask you to show your travel documents to our check-in agent instead of handing them over. Our crew will continue to assist you at the check-in kiosks but without touching the screens. If you printed your bag tag from a kiosk, we kindly ask you to attach it to your bag yourself.

We will close our Finnair Platinum Wing lounge in the non-Schengen side of Helsinki Airport as of 18 March for the time being. Finnair Business Lounge is at your service, when your flight departs from the non-Schengen side. Also, Finnair Lounge in the Schengen-side is open for you, when your flight departs from the Schengen area. Changes in the opening hours are possible.

Please note that changes in our partners’ service offering and opening hours of lounges at other airports are also possible due to the coronavirus situation."
Lucky me flying out of HEL on the 19th (if I can t change my tix).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Ed Size
What is so special about Plat Wing?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
You won the bet. On the March 14th travel advisory on AY page:

"Changes in airport services, Finnair Platinum Wing will be closed as of 18 March

We are making changes to our airport services to reduce direct contact between our customers and ground crew. This is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and crew. We ask you to show your travel documents to our check-in agent instead of handing them over. Our crew will continue to assist you at the check-in kiosks but without touching the screens. If you printed your bag tag from a kiosk, we kindly ask you to attach it to your bag yourself.

We will close our Finnair Platinum Wing lounge in the non-Schengen side of Helsinki Airport as of 18 March for the time being. Finnair Business Lounge is at your service, when your flight departs from the non-Schengen side. Also, Finnair Lounge in the Schengen-side is open for you, when your flight departs from the Schengen area. Changes in the opening hours are possible.

Please note that changes in our partners’ service offering and opening hours of lounges at other airports are also possible due to the coronavirus situation."

CRAP 😂😂😂 timing not so great I am supposed to fly that friday 😂😂
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:38 am

Why couldn’t you change it, if you want to?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Why couldn’t you change it, if you want to?
I have a CX leg in the booking, try to talk to AY for days with no luck, no reactions on emails as well.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What is so special about Plat Wing?
Far better drink selection, and the food service when leaving at midnight (as I do) - also it was always quiet and calm when I ve been there - so you even can do a little work (if needed).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:46 am

I have a CX leg in the booking, try to talk to AY for days with no luck, no reactions on emails as well.
Ah, ok, that’s very strange. I was just on the phone with AY and changed another booking with AA operated AY flights on it, no issues at all.

Have you called CS and they say it’s impossible, not sure what you mean by ”try to talk to AY” ?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Ah, ok, that’s very strange. I was just on the phone with AY and changed another booking with AA operated AY flights on it, no issues at all.

Have you called CS and they say it’s impossible, not sure what you mean by ”try to talk to AY” ?
No I have not talked to them, the line is busy for hours - but this sounds good. I ll try again. Chat is not available and no one answers email - I guess they have a lot of work in the moment.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:59 am

No I have not talked to them, the line is busy for hours - but this sounds good. I ll try again. Chat is not available and no one answers email - I guess they have a lot of work in the moment.
Finnish Plat line 5min wait an hour ago. I guess they all speak English so try that one if English is busy?

Good luck and I’m sure they’ll change it for you as soon as you get through.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 3:22 am

Asked about plat wing yesterday from the staff at the Schengen lounge and "Yeah, there's absolutely no information when the non-schengen lounges might open"
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:11 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is this lounge open? I am emerald and going through HEL with two hours September 22
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is this lounge open? I am emerald and going through HEL with two hours September 22
It's closed, and with a 99,9 % chance, it won't be open in September either.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by lkrt
It's closed, and with a 99,9 % chance, it won't be open in September either.
How comes that you predict that the Platinum Lounge won t be open by September 2022?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.