Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Take your fellow passengers into consideration - suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Please you guys. The plane is fully booked and myself and others are having cabin bag in my feet while I see your footspace is empty; You could do a bit better - if you dont want to have your tiny handbag on your feetspace or your jacket in your lap or at least the coat hanger, please at least stuff your items in overhead k
bin a bit tighter than this.
Thank you!
Best regards, an ATR-fan
remymartin and CeruleanBlue like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Just feel free to reorganize the bin. Either you can do it yourself, or an FA will do it for you.

I usually do it myself. Pax never say anything even though they might give you the eye.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
Just feel free to reorganize the bin. Either you can do it yourself, or an FA will do it for you.

I usually do it myself. Pax never say anything even though they might give you the eye.
You haven’t travelled on ATR really? Yes it is possible to reorganize but does not help as a 55/40/23 cabin bag will not fit there if therenis anything more than max one laptop bag already.

The only solution here is, take those small items with your lap or under seat. Period. Why strictly period. Easy: those small items do not affect your personal space at all so slamming those overhead is simply RUDE to your fellow pax.

Second topic: suggestion for aisle invaders. Please dont rush from behind rows out the plane - person in your front row is there for exactly the purpose of getting out before You and hence You should select or pay for front seat if you arenin hurry to get out. Dont think the hoodie-wearing hippie-looking lad is an offlier and thus to be overriden, he/she might equally well be AY’s most valuable customer. Thank uou.
florens, GeeTee77, on22cz and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

PS. For those who misunderstood. This is NOT a rant thread. As the title says, this is a place where you can post friendly advices and suggestions to pax who are either unconscious, amateur, rookies, clueless or whatever, let us just say less-experienced so that they very well never paid attention to these things.

(well I am sure that we Finns have a big handicap in consideration to others, but that comment is dangerous and goes towards OMNI thread, but as said, we can always try at least by posting some suggestions)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Suggestion: Why should I keep my stuff in my lap / under seat if you boarded late?
ffay005, Ed Size, florens and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Makes me think that Finnair should implement delivery at A/C, like so many other airlines already did for their regional fleet, for their ATR.
ffay005, vulle, Trav1970 and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
You haven’t travelled on ATR really? Yes it is possible to reorganize but does not help as a 55/40/23 cabin bag will not fit there if therenis anything more than max one laptop bag already.

The only solution here is, take those small items with your lap or under seat. Period. Why strictly period. Easy: those small items do not affect your personal space at all so slamming those overhead is simply RUDE to your fellow pax.
I'm sure the other pax think it's simply rude to bring such a large carry-on on such a small plane, instead of checking it in

I've had to fly ATRs, although I try to avoid them. However, I've actually never brought a rollaboard on board, only smaller bags. Actually, I've been under the impression that full size carry-ons don't fit in the bins. However, someone mentioned here some weeks ago that they do indeed fit.

In cases where I for some reason board (too) late, I simply put my bag up as soon as I see empty space in the bins. I don't care if my bag travels at row 7 when I'm at row 11. ATRs with their back door boarding make this a bit more complicated if you want to sit close to the exit, though.
cistavoda and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Reclining a seat in Y

I always do it because sitting upright is so uncomfortable. Why would the seat have a reclining feature if you can't use it? On AY, this is rarely a problem, and the person behind me naturally has the option of reclining their seat, too. The recline, however, is minimal.

If there is a meal service, I keep my seat upright as long as the pax behind me has their tray.

Sometimes, though, the pax behind me starts kicking the seatback. Once on a LPA flight I first asked the pax to stop and when all I got was sh** in my face, I asked the FA to intervene, which helped. Once on a FCO flight, a really bad eye and two clear words did the trick.
florens, cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Reclining a seat in Y

I always do it because sitting upright is so uncomfortable. Why would the seat have a reclining feature if you can't use it? On AY, this is rarely a problem, and the person behind me naturally has the option of reclining their seat, too. The recline, however, is minimal.

If there is a meal service, I keep my seat upright as long as the pax behind me has their tray.

Sometimes, though, the pax behind me starts kicking the seatback. Once on a LPA flight I first asked the pax to stop and when all I got was sh** in my face, I asked the FA to intervene, which helped. Once on a FCO flight, a really bad eye and two clear words did the trick.
I am fully with you on this one.
Once I did a trick when a mate behind me said ”camoon” when I reclined my seat. I stood up, went to him and pushed the button and reclined his seat and said ”now you have your full original space and isnt it also nicer for you too” all this done in my best friendly manner and smile to not provocating him. It worked.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

I'm sure the other pax think it's simply rude to bring such a large carry-on on such a small plane, instead of checking it in

I've had to fly ATRs, although I try to avoid them. However, I've actually never brought a rollaboard on board, only smaller bags. Actually, I've been under the impression that full size carry-ons don't fit in the bins. However, someone mentioned here some weeks ago that they do indeed fit.

In cases where I for some reason board (too) late, I simply put my bag up as soon as I see empty space in the bins. I don't care if my bag travels at row 7 when I'm at row 11. ATRs with their back door boarding make this a bit more complicated if you want to sit close to the exit, though.
For sure oversize bags are no-no.

All my cabin bags I buy are exactly fitted for ATR to the last millimeter, just for the sake that AY has so many of them and smaller makes no sense just to accomodate some few CRJ or turboprops of even smaller overhead bins where then I stuff my bag under seat or check in.
In OP picture I was one of the first to board but you must be #1 boarding ATR when having row 17-19 otherwise there is no overhead space left after the first item.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash

Second topic: suggestion for aisle invaders. Please dont rush from behind rows out the plane - person in your front row is there for exactly the purpose of getting out before You and hence You should select or pay for front seat if you arenin hurry to get out. Dont think the hoodie-wearing hippie-looking lad is an offlier and thus to be overriden, he/she might equally well be AY’s most valuable customer. Thank uou.
By that same logic, the person who boarded before you might have boarded before you so that they could claim overhead bin space because they find keeping stuff under their feet uncomfortable, and if you wanted to secure space you should have boarded earlier.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mpkz
By that same logic, the person who boarded before you might have boarded before you so that they could claim overhead bin space because they find keeping stuff under their feet uncomfortable, and if you wanted to secure space you should have boarded earlier.
But small light items can be stacked, not spread out like in that bin pictured. But I'm certain that before that bin was closed, it got much more organized - and filled - by someone.
If I'm in the aisle to get off the plane, well you can try getting by me, but it won't actually work. If I'm still in my seat, feel free to move ahead.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I especially "appreciate" passengers who board an airplane with a back-bag or some other kind of bag hanging from their shoulders, who make absolutely no effort to avoid hitting every other aisle passenger to their shoulders with the bag as they are trying to locate their own seat.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Trav1970
I especially "appreciate" passengers who board an airplane with a back-bag or some other kind of bag hanging from their shoulders, who make absolutely no effort to avoid hitting every other aisle passenger to their shoulders with the bag as they are trying to locate their own seat.
I also like the once with the skiing helmet, which is hanging at the backpack and dangling around, hitting fellow passengers, sitting in the aisle... so please, take it off
florens likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:47 pm

Ditto this. I've moved jackets and bags around (carefully) and never had anyone complain. I never bother asking either, it's easier to just say you're being helpful than try to ask someone if it's okay. The old it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Steve_Hun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.