Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points near end of period

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Tier points near end of period

I vaguely recall that this was already asked, but how does it work when accruing needed tier points very close to the end of the period? I have flown flights on 22nd and 24th of February for an accrual period ending the same month, and I wouldn't renew Platinum without them.

Does the system keep track of tier credits in the previous year and automatically adjust status and vouchers??
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yes, it will.
napapiiri likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
22FEB will probably post before your status period ends. 24FEB might not. You'll temporarily fall to Gold, but the system will change your status automatically when the 24FEB points post.

I don't know what happens if you use up the Gold vouchers you get on 01MAR before you get Plat again a few days later. Once Plat, you'll of course receive Plat vouchers, but is the system smart enough to deduct the used-up Gold vouchers from the total number?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by ffay005
I don't know what happens if you use up the Gold vouchers you get on 01MAR before you get Plat again a few days later. Once Plat, you'll of course receive Plat vouchers, but is the system smart enough to deduct the used-up Gold vouchers from the total number?
Good point. I guess you would end up with only the Plat pack of vouchers when waiting until the last points are credited. I don't think though, that they will deduct already used Gold vouchers from your Plat package once they move you up, so I would certainly try to use Gold vouchers as soon as they are credited.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I've once asked CS to expedite the points crediting for flown segments (BA iirc) a few days after the flights. CS was happy to help.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Okay thanks guys. Time for a leap of faith, I guess.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Bdsm
Won´t hold my breath. I have a flight from FEB16 still not credited. AY going downhill very fast under new CEO. European business class experience was worst ever experienced on Finnair so far. Seriously looking into competition now.
Out of curiosity: how much do you fly, and which intra Europe J class do you compare AY to?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

As ffay005 predicted, the outbound credited (yesterday), and the return did not. If the delay (5 days) is the same, then it will credit... on March 1st. Now I wonder if The System processes tier point credits before downgrades...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
As ffay005 predicted, the outbound credited (yesterday), and the return did not. If the delay (5 days) is the same, then it will credit... on March 1st. Now I wonder if The System processes tier point credits before downgrades...
In the worst case you need to send one email or give them a call, that’s it.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:18 pm

So, what happens if Courmish takes a flight right on 01MAR, before the Plat-bringing points have posted? Will he earn according to Gold? Can that be corrected afterwards manually, as technically he was Plat on 01MAR?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:26 pm

Yes, they can correct everything and they do it every month for many, I was told some years ago when I needed to correct few flights.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:23 pm

Everything would be so much easier if they just had all AY flights posted within 24 hours.

So if Gold flies on Monday on a flight that takes him over the threshold to Plat, and again on Tuesday, then he will initially receive Gold points for Monday's flight and Gold points for Tuesday's flight, but retroactively AY will change Tuesday's flight to reflect the Platinum status received the day prior?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:01 pm

Everything would be so much easier if they just had all AY flights posted within 24 hours.
In that case, you'd have this problem:

On day 1, you travel on a partner airline. The points from this flight make you a plat.
On day 2, you travel on AY.
On day 3, AY points post. The system still thinks that you're a gold as the partner airline flight hasn't posted yet.
On day 4, the partner airline flight posts.

So you still have the problem you mentioned below:
So if Gold flies on Monday on a flight that takes him over the threshold to Plat, and again on Tuesday, then he will initially receive Gold points for Monday's flight and Gold points for Tuesday's flight, but retroactively AY will change Tuesday's flight to reflect the Platinum status received the day prior?
Furthermore, you could have taken a flight with no card number on the booking which you are later retroclaiming, or points could have to be removed from your account (example). This could push you up or down a tier.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Yes, they can correct everything and they do it every month for many, I was told some years ago when I needed to correct few flights.
Do they correct the points automatically or do you have to request for it? I had a flight about three weeks ago which posted with the Gold tier bonus as the points pushing me over the Plat threshold hadn't posted yet and it hasn't been corrected automatically at least yet.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
Do they correct the points automatically or do you have to request for it? I had a flight about three weeks ago which posted with the Gold tier bonus as the points pushing me over the Plat threshold hadn't posted yet and it hasn't been corrected automatically at least yet.
I’d assume it will not be automatically done, easiest is to shoot one email and they’ll do it for you. Such corrections are rarely time critical so easier than calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.