Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Royal Air Maroc will join Oneworld - good news also for Finnair!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Air Maroc will join Oneworld - good news also for Finnair!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:00 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
... Looks like daily operations aren't AT's stronghold.
The perfect partner for Finnair
ffay005 and esledo like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
OT, but AT reveiled their new business class product on 787-9 which I think goes without saying is a big step up from the current 787-8 product.

New 787-9 business class
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrNmRHpBOC7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=3dbzmdrffsa3

https://onemileatatime.com/royal-air-maroc-new-787-business-class/

787-8 business class
https://samchui.com/2016/09/07/review-royal-air-maroc-ram-b787-business-class/#.XA9mudtKhhE
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Aren t the new 787-9 seats are the same they have on the AY A 350? - no step forward in that case.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Aren t the new 787-9 seats are the same they have on the AY A 350? - no step forward in that case.
No, these are from a different manufacturer.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ed Size
If you compare the AT 787-8 to the 787-9, the latter is better.

The AY A350 seat is from Zodiac Aerospace, the AT 787-9 looks like the B/E Aerospace Super Diamond seat.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by intuition
Good question. Did a quick search for a route someone I know would be interested in (ARN-DSS).
Was offered 2 flights a week, with 10h layover in CMN on the outbound and 31h layover on the return. 2500€ in J. CPH-DSS is only 9h layover each way. Also only 2 flights a week.
Recently I met some representatives of RAM in an African country. They told me that the company was about to join "an Alliance" and that they would need to review a lot of its schedules in order to make them more compatible with other carriers "of the same Alliance".

Right now RAM is selling i a CMN-HEL with an SK connection via CPH. I am sure that this kind of connections will change... After all, the company will join officially during the first half of 2020.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
the 787-8 seats are so awkward. feel like one could accidentally touch other pax next to you while sleeping.
also how does the window seat person gets out? you sure will be disturbed everytime the person next to you get served with anything.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I arrived yesterday at CMN, albeit not on AT. Two quick observations: as far as arrivals are concerned, CMN airport was a smooth experience. Short walks, passport control took a long time (no lines at noon, but they were very interested in whether I've been to Morocco before, and worried that they didn't find any Moroccan stamps in my passport from my trips some 16 years ago...). Customs wasn't the least interested in me so I walked straight through to an empty arrivals hall with no hustlers and touts. The train to the city was on time, and ticket vending machines were easy to use.

And the city has more than a handful of Chinese tourists, which came as a surprise to me. If CMN interests the Chinese, then RAK probably interests them even more. Whether the numbers are large enough for a AY feeder flight, I don't know.

Would A319 or A320 have the range to fly HEL-CMN?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I think so. HEL-CMN is 2370mi, ranges are 3700mi and 3300mi respectively.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Maybe they'll finally start flying to TLV now
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:54 am

I arrived yesterday at CMN, albeit not on AT. Two quick observations: as far as arrivals are concerned, CMN airport was a smooth experience. Short walks, passport control took a long time (no lines at noon, but they were very interested in whether I've been to Morocco before, and worried that they didn't find any Moroccan stamps in my passport from my trips some 16 years ago...). Customs wasn't the least interested in me so I walked straight through to an empty arrivals hall with no hustlers and touts. The train to the city was on time, and ticket vending machines were easy to use.
Relatively smooth departure experience, too. I took the train to the airport, and before entering the terminal building, there was a security theatre + documents check, including a print-out of the flight ticket. One slowly moving line and a train full of people, so unless you are in the first train car, it's going to take a while. There seems to be a similar theatre in operation for those arriving by car, too. Check-in was a breeze, although I didn't fly AT, so I don't know about their procedures. After that, it was just the usual passport and security control like anywhere in the world. The departure hall was crowded and very noisy, what with some drumming going on etc, even if it was a non-busy time of day. Some flights seemed to have a third theatre scene before boarding, but I wasn't affected.

Overall, CMN was smoother than I had expected.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:24 pm

It bothers me extremely that Helsingin Sanomat insists on listing AT as one of the 737 MAX carriers that fly to Finland. I've asked them to correct this, but they refuse and instead have added this "fact" to at least three articles. Am I really in the wrong here? Does AT fly some charters to Finland?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot

And the city has more than a handful of Chinese tourists, which came as a surprise to me. If CMN interests the Chinese, then RAK probably interests them even more. Whether the numbers are large enough for a AY feeder flight, I don't know.

I was just in Tangier and was also surprised by the number of Chinese tourists.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Royal Air Maroc (AT) joined oneworld yesterday. The earnings table is quite usual but the redemption table on AY+ is ridiculously priced. Business awards from Europe to Middle Africa costs a whopping 490,000 points.
remymartin likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
Royal Air Maroc (AT) joined oneworld yesterday. The earnings table is quite usual but the redemption table on AY+ is ridiculously priced. Business awards from Europe to Middle Africa costs a whopping 490,000 points.
If I was representing AT, I wouldn't be happy finding this information in the höpö-höpö thread But for most readers of the AY forum, I guess this is in the right place.

Anyone considering a weekend trip to BGF? In the AY geography book (where DXB is in Europe, btw) the Central African Republic is not in Central Africa, but in South Africa.

Oh, and there's a completely new country, too. Anyone going to Hispaania?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.