FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1900349-lumo-recognition-freebies-soft-perks.html)

sulkkis Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum (Post 29856371)

Just boarded for the Nth time this year Norra ATR with three bags, no questions asked ;)
To be honeat I could always fit all of them in one but don’t want to get the shirts wrinkled and laptop bag is more quickly in use if not inside other bag.

Maybe next time I’ll go with four...

Did you had an boarding agent that fits the description below on this thread?

-sulkkis

sulkkis Jun 13, 2018 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sulkkis (Post 29849606)

I need to admit that this time AY CS has been extremely active and they have contacted me personally by two different ways, even during this weekend. At least so far the approach has been positive and though there has been many comments on this forum that they do not listen our feedback nor try to improve their operations I can confirm I don't share that opinion. At least not right now.

I'll keep you posted how things will develop.

-sulkkis

I got a reply yesterday stating that the issue has been brought up in the ground operations management team and that actions to prevent similar incidents will be taken. I think this is a fair answer and what kind of actions will be taken is information I understand everybody wants to keep within own organisation.

At least I'm truly under impression that this incident was not only kept within CS and that there actually is some cross direction communication within different departments.

So let's keep our eyes open to follow up how our dear friend at Norra gates will change his behaviour.

-sulkkis

Lappe Jun 18, 2018 12:47 am

Has any Lumo received reciprocal recognition from other OW airlines? Similar to BAEC GGL receiving AA CK treatment.

napapiiri Jun 18, 2018 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Lappe (Post 29877589)
Has any Lumo received reciprocal recognition from other OW airlines? Similar to BAEC GGL receiving AA CK treatment.

Flown BA many times since becoming Lumo and nothing there. AA has once thanked me for being “executive platinum” since becoming Lumo but that level is equivalent to AY Platsku. No special recognition of any sort with AA either.

From my conversation with AY execs at the launch party, these reciprocal recognitions sound like they would have to be specifically negotiated with each FFP separately.

Maybe the BMW service at HEL would lead to reciprocal AA CK car service at LHR. I can dream, right?

napapiiri Jun 18, 2018 4:55 am

Does anyone know if AA CK members get special recognition/perks from BA and vice versa?

WilcoRoger Jun 18, 2018 5:29 am

On my QF boarding passes it showed as AY Lumo Emerald, on MH as AY Platinum Lumo Emerald - so IME for OW reasons Platsku or Lumo it's all Emerald.

OH-LGG Jun 18, 2018 6:14 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 29878004)
for OW reasons Platsku or Lumo it's all Emerald.

Any other alternative?

helahela Jun 18, 2018 8:17 am

Originally Posted by sulkkis (Post 29860894)

I got a reply yesterday stating that the issue has been brought up in the ground operations management team and that actions to prevent similar incidents will be taken. I think this is a fair answer and what kind of actions will be taken is information I understand everybody wants to keep within own organisation.

At least I'm truly under impression that this incident was not only kept within CS and that there actually is some cross direction communication within different departments.

So let's keep our eyes open to follow up how our dear friend at Norra gates will change his behaviour.

-sulkkis

as a standard Platinum flying to TLL last week I had a slightly chubbier mid40s lady as a cabin luggage nazi giving me no hope with my small cabin bag and even smaller laptop bag. One had to be taken away. If they did the gate collection I would not mind, but due to refurb in Tallinn airport taxi area each extra minute waited after midnight will transform to extra 10 minutes in taxi queue.

Lappe Jun 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by napapiiri (Post 29877947)
and vice versa?

Yes.

aama Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Lumo is not invitational status level, so wouldn't make any sense.

intuition Jun 19, 2018 1:17 am

I get that people wants to get the most out of their status, but I fail to see the logic in airlines recognising Lumo outside the scope of emerald.

Oneworld has 3 tiers with well established cross-alliance perks. This is already more diverse than the other alliances (that all have two tiers, Star Silver / Gold and ST Elite / Elite plus ) so the alliance perks are pretty finely grained to start with.

Now Finnair wanted to introduce a fourth level to pamper the ARN and OUL commuters, which is fine. Each airline decides on their own loyalty program and can add granularity if they think the three alliance tiers are not enough.

But come on. Why should other airlines recognise this tier? There is a system of three alliance tiers (and frankly some airlines have issues even coping with that) and rules and enumerations are set and procedures are well established. There is nothing in OW to support more tiers.

Even if AY makes a bilateral agreement with say BA, how would it work? Boarding passes and manifests says "Emerald", so the two airlines must create something outside the established OW framework to be able to even know who has the tier. It would also mean creating a separate settlement system outside of existing OW framework for the two airlines/loyalty programs to charge each other for services rendered.

IIRC, OW is a "centralised" alliance, meaning rules, perks and backbone is decided centrally and airlines join the alliance with pretty much one contract. This makes the alliance work in a much more uniform way than Star alliance (which I believe is a mess of bilateral contracts between each of the participating airlines)

Doing bilateral agreements for non-existing alliance tiers means making an alliance inside the alliance. This will be messy and bad for travellers.

remymartin Jun 19, 2018 4:59 am

Star Alliance is currently looking at adding 2 new tiers above Star Gold. Wilco has already pointed out two airlines that print out additional Lumo information on boarding passes. Reciprocal benefits may not be as far fetched after all.

Post Scriptum Jun 19, 2018 5:33 am

Now Finnair wanted to introduce a fourth level to pamper the ARN and OUL commuters, which is fine. Each airline decides on their own loyalty program and can add granularity if they think the three alliance tiers .
Well, adding a little bit provocation to the table, isn' the whole point of FFP's to serve the Frequent flyers, not just couple holiday flyers taking few random long hauls/year and trying to convince themselves being "special" because they pay (quite a lot) few bucks more/mile.

But thenagain, I'm not self-acclaimed loaylty guru, just someone saying out loud the obvious ;)

Lappe Jun 19, 2018 5:36 am

Similar to BAEC GGL receiving AA CK treatment.

Originally Posted by aama (Post 29880022)
Lumo is not invitational status level, so wouldn't make any sense.

Neither is BAEC GGL - that would be Premier.
I'm asking since this thread is about soft perks and recognition, not the published benefits. Not sure how this works from agreements and alliances perspective.

intuition Jun 19, 2018 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum (Post 29881807)
Well, adding a little bit provocation to the table, isn' the whole point of FFP's to serve the Frequent flyers, not just couple holiday flyers taking few random long hauls/year and trying to convince themselves being "special" because they pay (quite a lot) few bucks more/mile.

Absolutely, and just like I said, every airline can choose freely how to construct the tiers of their own program. Just don't expect BA to send out Concorde Room Cards to Finnair lumos anytime soon. :cool: