FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1900349-lumo-recognition-freebies-soft-perks.html)

WilcoRoger Jun 3, 2018 7:58 am

Originally Posted by on22cz (Post 29820744)
Maybe they are just for the better Lumos (you exchanged points to reach it, right?) :-)

And now it's official - there's Lumo and there's Lumo+ :D

odo Jun 3, 2018 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG (Post 29798454)
For years I've been of the opinion that the Platinum is too easy to achieve. Yesterday, this was suddenly supported by a random conversation with the flight attendant that would point out that so many Platinums on their flights nowadays and its good to see a new Lumo tier.

This made me think is it wise to have so many Platinums and at the same time anyone can get now Gold card without flying.
Situation now is: too many Plats and too many Golds.

Was this on a flight from/to OUL?

OUL seems to have some sort of frequent flyer distortion field going on or something as it's not uncommon to have 10+ plat and 20+ golds per flight, especially on the morning flights from OUL and afternoon flights to OUL.

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 29801166)
A newly baked silver needs to add 26 more segments or 50 000 points to get to gold. However, compensating for the tier bonus of 10%, it is only 45 455 points effort, as 4545 points are added for free.
Adding 26 segments on top of the already done 20 segments, is an extra 130% effort. (You need to fly another 26/20=130% segments).
Adding 45 455 points on top of the 30 000 the silver already has is an added 152% effort.

Going from Gold to Plat is a much lesser added effort. Still, the pointer needs 76% more while the segmenter needs 65%.

And going from plat to lumo is the most unequal leap. The segmenter does not even need to double his flying (+97%) while the pointer needs to add 160% more flights.

When dealing with the lower levels I can agree with you that getting status is easier with segments than points. But after we're getting into certain thresholds, it's not simple math anymore. I would argue that 150 segments per year is much more effort than 450k points per year. Is it as much value to company? Maybe, maybe not, but as an effort to one flying, I have hard time seeing how less than one round trip LH J in a month would be more effort. 150 segments is on average 3 flights every week of the year. Each and every week. For short term that's not bad, but whole year, it's a lot. If the segments and points would scale linear and the requirement would be 225 segments, it would be in the borderline of impossible.

I'm guessing, that Finnair has looked at the statistics on how many points or segments top flier in the program fly and adjusted the levels as such. Personally I was a bit surprised when Plat requirement was lowered to 76 segments, but I'm guessing there is just so many more people getting to over the threshold with points rather than segments. And extreme segment runners will always be tiny minority of Plats/Lumos even if they're more represented in this forum. While I would not make Lumo points only, I could see some sort of double requirement like 150k points and 150 segments vs. only 150 segments. But even with that, I'm not sure if that would exclude more than few persons so doing it would be more or less pointless.

And in the end of the day, I think if the qualification requirements don't produce overpopulation on certain tiers, then they're ok. At current time what I'm only seeing is crowding of the lounge, but even that can't be wholly blamed on too many golds/plats. Since last lounge renovation, Finnair's passenger numbers have seen a huge increase and that's also driving up the lounge utlization/crowding in addition to more tier members.

FlyingFinn Jun 3, 2018 11:42 pm

So no one has gotten a Lumo BMW ride just yet?

I guess my first eligible flight will be a Norra ATR arrival in 1,5 weeks. Getting almost excited.

sulkkis Jun 4, 2018 7:58 am

Norra tonight, let's see...

-sulkkis

Tapio Jun 4, 2018 8:00 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn (Post 29825854)
So no one has gotten a Lumo BMW ride just yet?

I guess my first eligible flight will be a Norra ATR arrival in 1,5 weeks. Getting almost excited.

Data point from Arlanda flight just landed and guided to stand at Helsinki. Seemingly there was a Lumo member next to me on the other side of the 1st Y class row. Plenty of seats available on business but there he was with normal travellers - at least imaginary seat block was there. No BMW ride offered, but heard from purser that officially those cars are in use starting end of June.

WilcoRoger Jun 4, 2018 9:00 am

I came in from ARN Saturday in Y, no seatblock - but LF seemed to be 100%(ish)

NoWindowSeat Jun 4, 2018 12:11 pm

Flew to ARN today, at least one Lumo onboard and everyone put in the same over crowded bus to the plane.

FFlash Jun 4, 2018 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by R2 (Post 29820535)
The benchmark would be transiting at CDG as an AF Premiere passenger, you get off the plane and there is someone with your name on a board taking you to a private limo and to the dedicated Premiere lounge, which has a very exclusive feel to it (lots of space, a la carte dining, complimentary spa). As its time to board they again take you in a limo straight to your plane. Security, immigration is a queuless experience within the lounge.

Well you know, these new Lumo BMW's take you now to the Flamingo spa since the Finnair spa has been closed long time ago. The only thing the driver will ask you is if you want to have a towel-sauna first.

Just kidding.

napapiiri Jun 5, 2018 7:53 am

Just received a message regarding those BMW cars we have seen. Seems they will start service soon.

”Huomenna 6.6. aloitamme Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalla uuden kesän ajan jatkuvan autokuljetuskokeilun Platinum Lumo -jäsenille. Tarjoamme sinulle yksityisen autokuljetuksen lähtöportilta lentokoneeseen sekä laskeutumisen jälkeen koneesta terminaalin ovelle. Sinun ei tarvitse tehdä mitään eri tavalla, sillä kuljettajasi odottaa sinua saapuessasi ja ohjaa sinut suoraan premium-BMW-autoon. Palvelu on saatavilla lennoille, joilla kone ei pysähdy matkustajasillalle ja siirtyminen vaatii erillistä kuljetusta.

Tarjoamme autokuljetuksen Finnairin ja Norran liikennöimille lennoille Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalta, mutta huomaathan, ettemme voi taata palvelua kaikille lennoille tai mikäli varaus tehdään alle 24 tuntia ennen lähtöä.

Teemme kokeilun palautteesi pohjalta, ja haluaisimme mielellämme kuulla ajatuksiasi ja mielipiteitäsi palvelusta myös jälkeenpäin.

Lämpimin terveisin,
Finnair Plus -tiimi”

WilcoRoger Jun 5, 2018 10:06 am

ja samma på engelska

Tomorrow, on 6 June, we will start piloting a new car service for Platinum Lumo members at Helsinki Airport. The test will run during this summer. We will offer you transportation from the boarding gate to the aircraft and after arrival from the aircraft to the terminal door by private car. You don’t need to do anything differently, as your driver will be waiting for you when you arrive and will guide you to the premium BMW car. The service is available when the aircraft does not depart from or arrive directly at the gate.

We offer the service for scheduled Finnair and Norra operated flights from Helsinki Airport, but please note that we cannot guarantee it for all flights or when bookings are made less than 24 hours before departure.

We are conducting this test based on your feedback and would love to hear your thoughts and opinions about the service afterwards.

vulle Jun 7, 2018 12:53 am

So who will be the first Lumo to try this new service? Looking forward to hearing about the experience.

FFlash Jun 7, 2018 2:53 am

Originally Posted by vulle (Post 29838714)
So who will be the first Lumo to try this new service? Looking forward to hearing about the experience.

I am watching you ;) Beware, I will know you and your steps ;) since I have my drone hovering over the BMW at HEL just waiting for the first victim to arrive :D

reflektia Jun 7, 2018 4:13 am

HK e-channel registration folder already has lumo card picture. Priorities apparently... :)

WilcoRoger Jun 7, 2018 4:40 am

Originally Posted by vulle (Post 29838714)

I'm off to SIN today, but those are usually gate departures - maybe if I ask really nicely, they'd give me a ride around the tramac :)

sulkkis Jun 7, 2018 4:52 am

Heading back home tomorrow with Norra:)

-sulkkis