Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Which AY airports force you to visit check-in desk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which AY airports force you to visit check-in desk?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Seems like a very zealous GA. Yeah, you're supposed to have an onward ticket from SIN, but you need no visa to SIN and can just take a cab to Johor Bahru (as I did last time).
If you allow me some höpö-höpö, what is JB like? I've never been there, but every time I go to SIN, I think about going. And then in the end I'm too lazy to do it. Is there any reason to go?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Actually I was not going to JB, but had the whole day driving from JB to KL stopping along the way at customers. JB didn't strike me as something very interesting, but it's a Helsinki sized town, with Malaysian price level (vs S'pore) - so a one day trip can be interesting. AND you get a SIN stamp which is NOT Changi

I hear many an expat have thier kids in JB boarding schools, as they are much cheaper than their SIN counterparts.

Look out when you go - the causeway can be very, very crowded with commuters. My local friend told me, that at times it might be faster to fly SIN-KUL-JHB, but I think it was a poetic exaggeration
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Okay, thanks! Maybe I'll surprise myself next time and actually make that day trip.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

I just did OLCI for BKK-HEL and received a pdf BP with the usual priority security written on it. Has something changed since last year or do I still need to go to the desk to pick up my fast pass? Hand luggage only.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ffay005
I just did OLCI for BKK-HEL and received a pdf BP with the usual priority security written on it. Has something changed since last year or do I still need to go to the desk to pick up my fast pass? Hand luggage only.
At least when I used the app to check-in last week I had no boarding pass.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, OLCI tells me BKK requires a printed BP and the app tells me that a mobile BP isn't valid. But I've got a pdf one which the hotel will print out for me. Just wondering if a J / Priority self-printed BP is enough to be let through the fast track.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think not - for fast track at BKK you need that fast track card (or a TG boarding pass in J or better)
Old May 12, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Yesterday I arrived at ORD from ATL connecting to HEL. AA agents at ATL were able to check luggage and issue bp to HEL (as it should), but at ORD multiple announcements were made at the gate asking people with bp's issued by AA to be re-printed on AY stock. Anyone have any idea why is this as I've boarded at JFK with an AA bp?

FWIW mobile bp wasn't available at ORD but was at JFK.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Yesterday I arrived at ORD from ATL connecting to HEL. AA agents at ATL were able to check luggage and issue bp to HEL (as it should), but at ORD multiple announcements were made at the gate asking people with bp's issued by AA to be re-printed on AY stock. Anyone have any idea why is this as I've boarded at JFK with an AA bp?

It makes it easy to know who has shown valid travel docs. Speeds up embarking.
Old May 13, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8

It has been like that for as long as I've flown US-HEL on AY, from JFK, MIA and SFO. But the real annoyance is how the gate staff almost systematically clobbers my seat assignment. I wonder if they are trying too hard to be useful, or just enjoying themselves at passenger's expense.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Online check-in at TOS is not available at all. You have to do it at the airport. At least my sis got an e-mail from AY today, that they can only do the check-in at the airport...
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
transit at DEL

Originally Posted by lento
Tried to enter with self printed BP, the guy at security said "this kind of BP doesn't work here". Went to transfer desk asking for BP and was provided with the hand written BP and the same security guy said this one is good as it has Finnair stamp.
I'm in a planning phase. Allow me to think aloud.

AY webpage regarding check-in says

> Online check-in opens 36 hours before departure.

> WHICH FLIGHTS DOES THE SERVICE APPLY TO?

> All Finnair operated flights departing from Finland and from most destinations abroad.

Most destinations. Does that include DEL? I search, and find this thread. It seems self-printed BPs are not allowed at DEL.

I am looking at arriving at 1755 on the JL flight from NRT, spending 12 hours in the airside Holiday Inn, and leaving in the morning on the AY flight at 1035. The hotel info says that you must have a BP for your onward flight.

At DEL I once had to sit from about 1600 to 2000 before the transfer desk could give me a BP for a CX flight that left at 0125. Would AY be any better than CX? I can't / don't want to go landside because I won't have / don't want to go through the hassle of getting an Indian visa.

If you have connected onto AY at DEL recently, I would be grateful for any advice you might have.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Did they specify about BP or what is it for? or confirmed e ticket would work?

Never been to Del but at BOM, i was not allow to enter the airport before i show them the boarding pass.
I told the guard, i dont have it yet, suppose to get my boarding pass at the desk agent.
So i showed my eticket from email attachement, and it was ok.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Clydez
Did they specify about BP or what is it for? or confirmed e ticket would work?
Timatic says

> Hotel facilities are available in Terminal 3 at Delhi (DEL) for passengers
> with a boarding pass for their connecting flight.

and that is consistent with most of the trip reports I've found online.

I'm concerned that if I arrive with a transit time of some 16 hours I might have to sit up all night on the plastic chairs in front of the transfer desk until they can give me my BP 3-4-5 ( ? ) hours before my AY fight.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Poster

An idea: what time does your flight from NRT leave? If AY check-in desks at NRT are open, they should be able to issue a DEL-HEL BP, perhaps with the help of the station manager.

I've made a DT at DEL, and the transfer desk can issue an AY BP, but I've been there 3–4 hours before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.