FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Soft landing for Plats? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1809616-soft-landing-plats.html)

Furry Nov 21, 2018 12:35 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 30450039)
I am now 20 days into November and my status is still as Plat and getting all the bennies onboard and all that despite I run until ens of my period October less than gold and expected soft landing.
do I have lifetime plat now or what? Any data points when they downgrade?

Did you get new Plat vouchers in Nov?

intuition Nov 21, 2018 12:48 am

That is an interesting question. (however, vouchers do take a long time to reach accounts of give-away accounts, so lack of vouchers does not necessarily indicate anything)

Also, has there been no communication or sign in you pages about your tier? It doesn't make sense to comp something and not tell about it.

esledo Nov 21, 2018 1:08 am

The vouchers are credited to give-away and requalified accounts instantly and they are visible to the CS and also on the web upgrade tool, just not on the AY+ statement pages.

That the vouchers would take more time to arrive after (re)qualification is plain humbug.

LoungeEnthusiast Nov 21, 2018 1:12 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 30451835)
(however, vouchers do take a long time to reach accounts of give-away accounts, so lack of vouchers does not necessarily indicate anything)

Not according to my experiences. No delay in vouchers reaching the give-away Gold recipient.

intuition Nov 21, 2018 1:47 am

Originally Posted by esledo (Post 30451891)
The vouchers are credited to give-away and requalified accounts instantly and they are visible to the CS and also on the web upgrade tool, just not on the AY+ statement pages.

That the vouchers would take more time to arrive after (re)qualification is plain humbug.

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast (Post 30451899)

Not according to my experiences. No delay in vouchers reaching the give-away Gold recipient.

OK, then it is just me again. I'm getting my usual plat-experience. Gave away gold card in june and it took several weeks before vouchers were accessible in recipients account.

2 weeks after give-away I talked to CS and they offered to manually apply vouchers, but all we wanted to know was that vouchers were granted. They told us vouchers "were there" but the gold member could not access them or use them without CS at that stage in the process.

Steve_Hun Nov 21, 2018 2:33 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 30451963)
OK, then it is just me again. I'm getting my usual plat-experience. Gave away gold card in june and it took several weeks before vouchers were accessible in recipients account.

2 weeks after give-away I talked to CS and they offered to manually apply vouchers, but all we wanted to know was that vouchers were granted. They told us vouchers "were there" but the gold member could not access them or use them without CS at that stage in the process.

Gave a gold card to my sister's BF on 2 Nov and a week ago he did not yet have the vouchers.

intuition Nov 21, 2018 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 30452049)
Gave a gold card to my sister's BF on 2 Nov and a week ago he did not yet have the vouchers.

Yey, I'm not alone!

(Starting to see a pattern here, you and I are also excluded from the imaginary seat block perk!! ;)

cistavoda Nov 21, 2018 3:58 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 30452109)
Yey, I'm not alone!

(Starting to see a pattern here, you and I are also excluded from the imaginary seat block perk!! ;)

Maybe you both must switch to DY seat block... :D

FFlash Nov 21, 2018 11:44 am

I am some 5 years in row plat.
no vouchers visible yet.

FFlash Nov 25, 2018 10:54 pm

Edited....

aama Dec 1, 2018 11:35 am

Confirmed! Soft landed today since I didn't even have points for Silver this year because I cut my travel for Jr. aama.

4 SH vouchers also on my account already.

Clydez Dec 3, 2018 2:24 am

Renewed plat, no vouchers yet (it's only been 3 days my new tracking period started) XD

Steve_Hun Dec 3, 2018 2:28 am

Funny to see the absolute inconsistency of the IT system... "Renewed" platinum by being 550 points short of the required 150K (I still have a LHR-HEL flight that hasn't posted, so theoretically I was above the line) and vouchers and gold gift card were immediately on my account. Also started the new tracking period on 1 Dec.

Clydez Dec 3, 2018 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 30492950)
Funny to see the absolute inconsistency of the IT system... "Renewed" platinum by being 550 points short of the required 150K (I still have a LHR-HEL flight that hasn't posted, so theoretically I was above the line) and vouchers and gold gift card were immediately on my account. Also started the new tracking period on 1 Dec.

We have the same tracking period! But no , I got no vouchers.
It is quite challenging to be such inconsistent, you see no patterns.

Clydez Dec 3, 2018 5:42 am

Ok, my bad. The app shows no vouchers. but then logged in on the web 3 times (errors pf course), i do have the vouchers. :)