Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OH-LGG
To be updated for the new cabin interiors!

Current fleet and entry date & updated cabin:
  • OH-LTM: 2009-03-26, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTN: 2009-04-24
  • OH-LTO: 2009-05-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTP: 2009-06-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTR: 2009-12-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTS: 2010-02-11, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTT: 2010-04-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTU: 2010-11-26, new J & PE cabin

Seating (old cabin)
J/45 Y/218: Features 2 J cabins. 1 bird (LTN) has this config

Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here.

Business Class (old cabin) features Vantage (built by Zodiac UK on license) full-flat bed seats in a staggered layout, alternating 2-2-1 and 1-2-1 abreast. Config1 has two business class cabins, row 1-7 and 8-10.
Preferred seats depends on your preferences. Some prefers minicabin for its smaller size, but beware that economy boards through the mini cabin and are seated immediately behind a thin wall after row 10.
Even A seats (2A/4A/6A/8A) enjoys 2 side tables and are nicknamed throne seats and are loved for their exclusive private feel by kids and adults. They do however have narrow footwells.
L seats are also single seats, with even rows (2L/4L/...) having the side table on the aisle side, making the seat slightly more private and odd rows (1L/3L/...) having side table on the window side making aisle access extremely easy (esp 1L) and better feet space.
All paired seats are good for couples travelling together. Do note that 1AC/3AC/5AC/7AC shares one side table, while DH seats each have their own side table.

Economy Comfort on A333 has similar seats as plain economy, but with a adjustable headrest and ≈4" inches more legroom. They also come with noise cancelling headphones, 1h internet, priority boarding and a small amenity kit.
Finnair platinums and OWE members can select these seats for free. (OWE must call to do so). Other passengers can buy comfort seats for a fee, and seats are also sold after boarding.
Economy comfort is row 21-25 on both configs, but due to effects when retrofitting the cabin, there are major differences in cabin layout.

To find best seat, you first need to identify what airplane you are on, which can be done by analysing your seat map as suggested in this post.

Economy Class features 2-4-2 abreast slimline seating with 32" pitch. The best seats are row 41 with most legroom on A/C/J/L, but do notice that 41D/H are baby bassinet seats.
These are either labled "extra legroom" or "exit row" in the seat map and are selectable with status or for a fee.
Economy cabin offers USB for charge - no AC outlets.

In-Flight Entertainment
You will have Bose noise-cancelling earphones in business class and in Economy comfort, and earplugs in economy class.

Wifi: All A333 have Wifi. To redeem free access if eligible, you will need to enter your surname and seat number on the login page, otherwise it costs you 7,95€ per hour, 11,95€ per three hours or 19,95€ for the whole flight. It may take some time until up in the air to get it started.

Print Wikipost

Finnair A330 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Finnair released yesterday Q3 and is going to invest 200 million in long haul cabins
200 million is a big sum and sounds like it would cover renewing the A350 cabins as well. I don't know about aircraft cabin prices, but spending 200 million on the 8 A330's alone would be 25 million / aircraft, which would be on average almost 100 000 e / seat (including Y seats). That would sound just extraorbitant.

If also the A350 cabins will be renewed it must mean that AY will also consider the whole cabin concept, e.g. if they want to keep Economy Comfort and if they want to introduce real Premium Economy.
florens and remymartin like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I don't know prices either but heard that 100 000€ is not high for a J seat.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Even some deep cleaning would help in short term. At the moment those cabins are just plain filthy!
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
How long do you think it would take authorities to fine / close a restaurant offering environment similar to what we can see from the pictures of AY J cabin? While there is some difference, the EU regulations are pretty strict in general, so I assume AY plays a thin-ice game here. Moreover that, I'd say it's common to maintain visible things better than those that are not exposed...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
As Plat, I can book any Y seat free of charge, including Y+. I have an upcoming reservation for long haul Y, and I will be Gold at the time of the flight. I know it doesn't make sense to book Y+ now because I would have to pay for it if I want to keep it after falling to Gold.

But what seats can a Gold choose free of charge? Specifically, are exit row 41 seats free for Golds?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Even some deep cleaning would help in short term. At the moment those cabins are just plain filthy!
Those pictures should be send to AY, would like to hear their response.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by ffay005
As Plat, I can book any Y seat free of charge, including Y+. I have an upcoming reservation for long haul Y, and I will be Gold at the time of the flight. I know it doesn't make sense to book Y+ now because I would have to pay for it if I want to keep it after falling to Gold.

But what seats can a Gold choose free of charge? Specifically, are exit row 41 seats free for Golds?
All seats, except the Y Comfort, should be free for Golds.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:22 am

Thanks, picked 41A ^
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I am a OWE flying JFK-HEL in next few weeks. The only available Y+ seats remaining are middles (E and G). I chose a regular economy exit row (41C) for now. Anyone have an opinion on which is better - a Y+ middle or regular Y exit, assuming I don't need to pay extra for the Y+. Note I am 192cm+ so legroom is important. I've never flown AY before.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

I would pick regular Y exit. Not only will you have more legroom but you'll also get to sit by the aisle or window.

Last time I flew JFK-HEL, Y+ was virtually empty. I had assigned myself 21A, but someone was seated in 21C. I moved to row 22, where the check-in agent proactively blocked all four seats for me. Legroom in row 22 was actually not that good, especially not if the person in front of me had reclined their seat. But of course no neighbours and the opportunity to lay down was a lot better than 21A.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I'm looking for the best legroom seat in A330 J. In this thread both rows 8 and 1 were mentioned, especially seat 8H. Why is 8H better than for example 1H or 8D? I don't mind about privacy that much but the width and length of the seat are important (I'm 190cm).
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by kanamurva
I'm looking for the best legroom seat in A330 J. In this thread both rows 8 and 1 were mentioned, especially seat 8H. Why is 8H better than for example 1H or 8D? I don't mind about privacy that much but the width and length of the seat are important (I'm 190cm).
8A and 8H have best legroom width. Eg 2A throne seat has very limited legroom width (maybe 20cm). 1H and 8D have good legroom width, but 8H is maybe 10-20cms wider.

Seats itself are identical almost identical (minor differences in armrest etc)
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
8A and 8H have best legroom width. Eg 2A throne seat has very limited legroom width (maybe 20cm). 1H and 8D have good legroom width, but 8H is maybe 10-20cms wider.

Seats itself are identical almost identical (minor differences in armrest etc)
Yes, I'm definitely gonna skip the throne seats for the limited width. But what about the length? Is that similar everywhere? The A350 row 1 definitely had shorter seats so I'm worried about that.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by kanamurva
Yes, I'm definitely gonna skip the throne seats for the limited width. But what about the length? Is that similar everywhere? The A350 row 1 definitely had shorter seats so I'm worried about that.
On the A330 in row one the seats are longer and wider.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:38 am

So if 8H and 1H are the same, it's better to choose 1H for faster service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.