FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1671644-finnair-shorthaul-business-class-food.html)

Purjelentaja Sep 14, 2015 12:32 am

Lunch on AY912 Berlin-Helsinki. Few lettuce leaves with strings of carrot imitating a salad and two pastries (warm and tasty though small, the other with meat, the other with vegs), no sallad dressing. Godivas. Normal drink service. Salad with some warm components is actually quite a good lunch, but this time, though the green things were fresh and tasty, they have failed miserably as only few leaves of lettuce spread around the plate trying to make it look bigger is just pathetic. I just wonder why they didn't make it a proper good sized salad.

Champagne was good, nevertheless, like always :D

http://1drv.ms/1KhnnbT

I also have pic of it, but I just haven't figured out how to add pics to the posts, as the insert image -button doesn't seem to do anything. Someone with more advanced user skill, please help a newbie!

Flythe96flag Sep 14, 2015 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja (Post 25421209)
Lunch on AY912 Berlin-Helsinki. Few lettuce leaves with strings of carrot imitating a salad and two pastries (warm and tasty though small, the other with meat, the other with vegs), no sallad dressing. Godivas. Normal drink service. Salad with some warm components is actually quite a good lunch, but this time, though the green things were fresh and tasty, they have failed miserably as only few leaves of lettuce spread around the plate trying to make it look bigger is just pathetic. I just wonder why they didn't make it a proper good sized salad.

Champagne was good, nevertheless, like always :D

Redacted image

I also have pic of it, but I just haven't figured out how to add pics to the posts, as the insert image -button doesn't seem to do anything. Someone with more advanced user skill, please help a newbie!

There you go, you have to use the link for just the picture.

Redacted image

Purjelentaja Sep 14, 2015 2:58 am

[QUOTE=Flythe96flag;25421444]There you go, you have to use the link for just the picture.
Thanks alot, one learns new every day :) Perhaps posts with others pics will follow later on as now I know how to do it...

intuition Sep 14, 2015 4:08 am

But please resize pics to a maximum of 800 pixels wide. FT doenst hanlde big pics very well

intuition Sep 14, 2015 4:17 am

Annoying that snack-food is still around. I was hoping it was a summer thing, but it seems we have witnessed yet another cut. So chargin 600-700 eur for a short haul business and people now need to bring their ownfood?!? SAS at least has the decency to adnit they no longer have a business class.

StuckinITH Sep 14, 2015 5:41 am

At least the Nicholas Feuillatte looks better than the Monopole that BA serves in Club Europe.

intuition Oct 9, 2015 12:27 pm

Are they now serving the same meal on all outbounds and another one the same on all inbounds?

This I had on 2 different inbound to HEL this week:
http://content.screencast.com/users/...c/DSC00441.jpg

It looks worse than it is - It tastes quite alright. Execution is sloppy though. Once was served cold and second time the "buns" were heated.

intuition Oct 9, 2015 12:28 pm

This one I had on the outbound HEL-WAW. Very tasty
http://content.screencast.com/users/...2/bild%201.jpg

But again, salad, salad, salad. :td:

We fought (and won) against "meatfree monday", just to lose the war in the end...

intuition Oct 9, 2015 12:31 pm

And didn't someone call Finnair, ask about the desserts and got the answer "people don't want traditional desserts anymore, that is why we serve these disgusting cakes"?

Anyway, it seems the preservative filled excuses for cakes have been abolished and the "traditional" desserts are back? At least on HEL-WAW there was one of the puddings we've seen for a while.
http://content.screencast.com/users/...6/bild%202.jpg

intuition Oct 9, 2015 12:41 pm

I'll end this series of shorthaul food with a pic from Finnair schengen lounge. I was there the other day, at "zoo-time", ie around 4pm when it is so crammed that Taipei MRT seems like a walk in the park in comparison.

The lounge is said to serve hot meals between 15 and 17.30. At 4 pm, there was one (1) clean fork left in the whole lounge and in the stew there was one (1) piece of meat. So I grabbed what I could and went back for refill around 4.20. Then there was no hot food at all. I tried to snatch a tartelette instead but the tray was literally pulled away beneath my hands - the chef moved the half empty tray to the kitchen and it was never to be seen again.

The last-fork-last-chicken-piece-meal.
http://content.screencast.com/users/...a/DSC00443.jpg

wkndtraveler Oct 9, 2015 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 25541420)
And didn't someone call Finnair, ask about the desserts and got the answer "people don't want traditional desserts anymore, that is why we serve these disgusting cakes"?

Anyway, it seems the preservative filled excuses for cakes have been abolished and the "traditional" desserts are back? At least on HEL-WAW there was one of the puddings we've seen for a while.

Hi intuition! Yes, it was me. AY rotate a few different food options. I think this one of them and other rotations includes Godiva and those infamous cakes as desserts. I've seen these pudding kind of desserts already before I complained so I'm afraid nothing has changed.

wkndtraveler Oct 9, 2015 11:59 pm

By the way, your salmon and shrimp salad looks delicious! What did those buns have inside?

I got cheddar and salami sandwich from Sky Bistro on ARN–HEL in J yesterday.

intuition Oct 10, 2015 1:24 am

Oh, and there I was so happy the purple cake was gone ...

Inside the bun is a minced meat kind of filling (not completely sure it was animal though - maybe quorn, mushrooms and herbs). The yellow one is on the inside same as can be seen on outside. But I can't tell you what that is.

It is odd that Finnair says they are using food as a competitive advantage and then never tell us what they are serving...

And the 'salmon' may have been smoked char. It has a rich and great flavour.
That dish has a generous set of mayo too, lots of salad and is almost like a full meal. I really liked this one, I'm just sad it feels like their catering is run by militant vegans...

intuition Oct 10, 2015 1:37 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler (Post 25543506)

I got cheddar and salami sandwich from Sky Bistro on ARN–HEL in J yesterday.

Was that the "planned meal", or did they improvise?

Sometimes the sky-bistro looks more appealing than the three leaves of lettuce, but I never had anything from the bistro menu offered. I'd prefer a hot plated any day of the week. But if they serve something underwhelming, it would be great if they offered the bistro items free of charge to J pax in addition.

Flythe96flag Oct 10, 2015 5:22 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 25543652)
Oh, and there I was so happy the purple cake was gone ...

Inside the bun is a minced meat kind of filling (not completely sure it was animal though - maybe quorn, mushrooms and herbs). The yellow one is on the inside same as can be seen on outside. But I can't tell you what that is.

It is odd that Finnair says they are using food as a competitive advantage and then never tell us what they are serving...

And the 'salmon' may have been smoked char. It has a rich and great flavour.
That dish has a generous set of mayo too, lots of salad and is almost like a full meal. I really liked this one, I'm just sad it feels like their catering is run by militant vegans...

OK, firstly, you've clearly never met one. :D

I wish it were run by real, militant vegans... Maybe that might dispel the ridiculous stereotype of a few leaves of lettuce being a typical vegan meal. ;)

Quorn - not vegan
Mayonnaise - not vegan
Other mystery "meats" - not vegan

Militant vegans would know how to use cost effective plant ingredients (think veg, legumes, fruit) as well as starches (potato/rice/pasta/barley etc) to create filling meals, that I bet would be more varied, healthy, appealing, tasty and most importantly (for AY) cheap than using scrap meats to pass on as a sub-par 'luxury branded' meals.

Ok enough day dreaming, I shall continue to observe the declining quality of the meals whilst enjoying my fruit platters and special veg meals, which are quite enjoyable on Finnair IMO. :D