Wiki Posts
Search

Long Shot

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Long Shot

Hi All, this is a long shot I know. I have two return tickets Man to Beijing via Helsinki booked for April. Looks like I may not be able to use these, (cant claim on insurance as not medical etc) they are non refundable, but I think I can change the names of the passengers. Any one any idea how I may be able to sell these on, as I say its a long shot.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
I'm sure you can't change the names. Just bite it & ask for a refund of taxes etc.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
If you have a really good reason why you can't fly, contact Finnair, explain the situation and ask if they could give you a credit towards a future flight.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I would be very pessimistic about Finnair allowing you to change travel dates or name on the ticket. The whole idea of these non-refundable tickets is that you pay cheaper price, but at the same time take to risk of losing your money if you are not able to fly. It's a kind of win-win (or perhaps lose-lose) situation for both parties - cheaper price for customer and guarenteed, albeit lower, income for the company.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Hii All,

thanks for the feedback, been away a few days so sorry for late reply. Finnair tell me they will change the names, but not the dates, they will not give a credit or allow me to push the dates out. As for refunds on tax, all they will give back is around £120, out of a total fare cost of near £1200, at this rate I am loath to cancel and get back so little to allow them the sell the seats on again.

I thought it a long shot but there we go, thanks for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.