Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
u have pm!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:40 am

Do you think Amex will leave Finland just like DC?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

DC left because their partner in the Nordics decided to concentrate on Mastercard. Amex issues the cards directly without a partner, so if Amex exits Finland, it will be after very different considerations.

Right now, it seems Amex is making a big push in the Nordics and the fate of DC here is likely to help them.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:13 am

Any chance for a friendly Gold Card referral?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flymick
Any chance for a friendly Gold Card referral?

Sure PM sent
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Not 60k bonus as was a few years ago, but still...
https://www.americanexpress.com/icc/...ency-card.html
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Not 60k bonus as was a few years ago, but still...
https://www.americanexpress.com/icc/...ency-card.html
can get this on top of my current amex plat card?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
How does the bonubonus work if you MUST be a current AX membet yet the terms state:
  • Please note, as an existing Cardmember, you may not be eligible for a Welcome Bonus if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards® enrolled American Express Cards in the last six months.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by FFlash

Originally Posted by kauppias
How does the bonubonus work if you MUST be a current AX membet yet the terms state:
  • Please note, as an existing Cardmember, you may not be eligible for a Welcome Bonus if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards® enrolled American Express Cards in the last six months.
I am sure their Customer Service representatives give the written answers. That six months membership rule is confusing.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash

Since this is only offered for holders of a current AX cards I dont see why not? But why would one want both 1300€ for AX plat then 😂😂
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Not directly related to AY but anyone else receiving Amex statements after payment deadline?
Today was the second time in 4-5 months I received my mail statement too late, deadline was already five days ago on the 11th. of January.

Just whining and should query Amex, I know, but curious to know if it is only me receiving these late statements?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Thinking of same, I have not got my bill! And I know it is late already.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Not directly related to AY but anyone else receiving Amex statements after payment deadline?
Today was the second time in 4-5 months I received my mail statement too late, deadline was already five days ago on the 11th. of January.

Just whining and should query Amex, I know, but curious to know if it is only me receiving these late statements?
Yes, same thing happened to me for the 2nd time ever now. Annoying but of course can pay the bill based on info provided by the website / app. That's also what Amex CS suggested when I asked about it the 1st time it happened.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:22 pm

Yes I've experienced this Finnish AMEX like 3 times. Happened also with AMEX basic which is the only card I've now with AMEX Finland
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
why do you need the bill, if all of you transactions are visible online and grouped, sorted etc??

as for the bonus, you get it (with your existing card) for the referral a new member (who did not had amex card before)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.