Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by remymartin

If you are willing to stay in a subpar, bigot chain - then sure
Matter of taste. I think both Marriott and Starwood are quite good. Having said that, I've earnead lifetime Platinum from Marriott so I am free to stay where ever I choose to. Amex shiny cards on multiple hotel chains are a nice addition.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
If you are willing to stay in a subpar, bigot chain - then sure
I cannot comment on the "bigot", but in Asia and in Europe the subpar is not according to my experiences.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
If you’re okay with getting sect marketing material in your drawer along a paid stay then I don’t know. I’m not.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Drawer? I never open those

Going VERY off-topic - Book of Mormon or New Testament in the drawer, having a sign pointing to Mekka - I couldn't care less.

But why sub-par? I just stayed at the JW in BKK, impeccable.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Can referrals be done across borders/markets? Or can a Finn AX holder only refer Finn cards?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If you’re okay with getting sect marketing material in your drawer along a paid stay then I don’t know. I’m not.
Print some explicit pictures and slide them inside selected sect material.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Drawer? I never open those

Going VERY off-topic - Book of Mormon or New Testament in the drawer, having a sign pointing to Mekka - I couldn't care less.

But why sub-par? I just stayed at the JW in BKK, impeccable.
With 83 JW's and 800 Fairfield Inns, the property you mention is an anomaly and not the norm. MaRiot is heavy on crappy hotels whereas Starwood is heavy on luxury brands. At the former, published elite benefits are weak and confusing (you need a cheat sheet to know what you're entitled to at each brand!) in addition to their dirty brainwashing tactics.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Wait, what?! You go against an entire hotel chain because they put a religion's holy book in the drawer? What about Japanese hotels that place Buddhist texts in the drawer, do you avoid those, too?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Wait, what?! You go against an entire hotel chain because they put a religion's holy book in the drawer? What about Japanese hotels that place Buddhist texts in the drawer, do you avoid those, too?
you misunderstand. Mormons are a sect, Buddhism is a religion.

additionally, you’re simplifying other aspects I wrote above.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
The Pontus lounge at ARN is indeed nice.

Last edited by tsastor; Feb 20, 2018 at 9:57 pm
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... aaaand I suggest that we return to the subjet of Amex cards in Finland, if I may
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by tsastor
The Pontus lounge at ARN is indeed nice.
True, I have been guested to their Amex plat comp'ed breakfast (fixed menu), and lunch/dinner (räkmacka) and food-wise those are better value than SK*G lounge for example. Along with the mentioned hotel gold cards, I can imagine the best value with Amex Plat comes with moderate travel pattern. Too little travel makes it useless and too much travel like myself, the benefits are nullified with already earned butt-in-bed/air cards.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by FFlash
True, I have been guested to their Amex plat comp'ed breakfast (fixed menu), and lunch/dinner (räkmacka) and food-wise those are better value than SK*G lounge for example. Along with the mentioned hotel gold cards, I can imagine the best value with Amex Plat comes with moderate travel pattern. Too little travel makes it useless and too much travel like myself, the benefits are nullified with already earned butt-in-bed/air cards.
Yes, true. Since I fIy out of ARN a lot I've been contemplating if the Pontus lounge alone would justify Plat. Without EBG, other lounge options are limited and close at 7:30pm at the latest. The food in Pontus is really good, but with only three options that change infrequently and with seating that is more geared for eating than lounging, I'm not sure I can see myself needing the access there the three to four times a month that would justify the Amex Plat cost.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
When you transfer Amex points to Finnair, seems like now you can get 50% more AY points. Need to register before April 30th.
www.finnair.com/fi/fi/plus-50
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Does this work in practice? Last time there was a promotion in the raffle I changed some points and it didn't work. Would hate to make a second mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.