Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I mean there are no caps. You can visit any lounge that has a contract with PP and the same applies to the restaurants. "All you can visit", similar to "All you can eat".

Now consider an "All you can eat" restaurant which also includes drinks and you suddenly say that only 2 steaks, 2 pieces of salmon and one beer or wine is included. Isn't it better to keep the "all you can eat" and to not include drinks?
You are contradicting yourself. The original offering is not "all you can eat as often as you want", but "24 dollars (or whatever the spending credit is as often as you happen to be flying at a location with a participating restaurant." So the original offering was already capped by dollar amount. A smaller dollar amount would essentially been the same business logic, just less costly to provide and maybe a bit less attractive (given that you would more likely have to pay additional dollars yourself).

But, let's just agree to disagree.
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Any valid referral link/form for Plat?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Furry
I believe the referral program is still not available?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Furry
Depends on your whereabouts.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Anyone has insight into how much spend is needed to get the centurion card in Finland?

Rationale here would be that now the mastercards etc enhancements lead me to think if I dump them and concentrate all spend , personal and company related, on amex instead to gain their lumotic fancy card.

100.000€ per year enough?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by FFlash
Anyone has insight into how much spend is needed to get the centurion card in Finland?

Rationale here would be that now the mastercards etc enhancements lead me to think if I dump them and concentrate all spend , personal and company related, on amex instead to gain their lumotic fancy card.

I’ve had ovet 100k a couple of years and no contact from amex
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

I have no info on it but I have a feeling its alot lot lot more the yearly fee alone is the monthly salary or more for many people 😂😂
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:07 pm

Clear then, haha. I keep collecting peanuts then
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Clear then, haha. I keep collecting peanuts then

Peanuts can be good too 😂😂 I am in that club too 😂 I would never pay 3-5k€ for a card but perhaps after I win the lotto then its a different story 😂
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
And was it even launched in Finland - there was some rumors going around earlier this year when the metallic Platinum card arrived but nothing since then. Of course, they likely will not make it a big announcement because it will be invitation only and those who will be invited will know about it.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by miikka
And was it even launched in Finland - there was some rumors going around earlier this year when the metallic Platinum card arrived but nothing since then. Of course, they likely will not make it a big announcement because it will be invitation only and those who will be invited will know about it.
There’s at least multiple Finns who have it, not sure if they’ve got it through some other country though.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
By invitation only and apparently minimum 250.000+ or similar annual spend required.
And spend is just one of the factors, annual income requirement may be very high and anything above 500.000+ would not surprise me but those are set individually by country and person's net value has a contributing factor too.

I think someone in that human category would not be spending his/hers spare time here in FT
There are Centurion members in other forums however, mostly US centric forums.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:15 am

Makes an X thousand € segment Lumo card pretty shy
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by kauppias
I would never pay 3-5k€ for a card but perhaps after I win the lotto then its a different story 😂
As long as you do not play lottery alone, "porukkapeli" between AY forum members sounds much better
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
New promo for AX gold. New cardholders get 15k MR points for 3k€ spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.