Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did my certs go?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Where did my certs go?

Hi gang...

I haven't really poked around the new profile section on the Accor site since the switch. Where did my plat certs that expire in Feb go? Am I blind? Or do they just not show online any more?

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere... couldn't find an answer.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

check the app - should still be there
mine vanished from desktop version recently as well
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
check the app - should still be there
mine vanished from desktop version recently as well
Bingo. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:56 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
They are now known as Schrodinger certs, if you observe them they aren't there.

(Seriously, they were not on my account post-merger, called NB Plat desk was fixed, they dissappeared again recently and now only show up on the app)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat (sigh) FPC Platinum (sigh)
Where do I go in the app to get the Schrodinger certs to re-appear? I can't find them anywhere, either online/desktop, or via the app. Where are they hidden?

Do I at least get a live cat in exchange for the now non-observable certs?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Napstolean
Where do I go in the app to get the Schrodinger certs to re-appear? I can't find them anywhere, either online/desktop, or via the app. Where are they hidden?

Do I at least get a live cat in exchange for the now non-observable certs?
Well how about that. Mine are also now gone from the app too. The incompetence of the Accor IT team continues to impress!

I would suggest calling in, to ensure that Accor can still see them in their internal systems.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Starwood Plat (sigh) FPC Platinum (sigh)
So, basically, the certs don't exist, unless I call, and then there's a probability function that'll determine if they exist or not.

More Schrodinger-y every day.

I'm sure there's a cat in here somewhere.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Took a pic of my certs on the app (and thankful I did). Now they're also not showing, I wonder how using my last free night will go.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:14 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Just called accor, they can either e-mail or fax (!) a PDF copy of your remaining certificates to you. The hotel you wish to use it at, should be able to see them. Otherwise you can bring a printout to the hotel to use.

Last edited by BA Humbug; Jan 19, 2019 at 11:20 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
At the Fairmont now, and want to use dining certificates, but I can’t find the certificate section of their site. Do you know how to find that?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:50 am

My certs are now unviewable from both my desktop as well as the app as well. Why in the world would Accor remove this functionality? Could they not simply wait another 5 weeks until all the certs expires and then disable the function? What a PITA!!!!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
My certs are now unviewable from both my desktop as well as the app as well. Why in the world would Accor remove this functionality? Could they not simply wait another 5 weeks until all the certs expires and then disable the function? What a PITA!!!!
I wouldn't be so quick to assume they did it on purpose. Accor has proven many times that they are capable of amazing feats of IT incompetence. They probably have no idea why this happened.

Now, and this is the part where their lack of service comes in, and how they make their problems even bigger... now that the screw-up has occurred, they probably dont really care, and aren't going to bother trying to fix the mistake. Their operating mantra is that if you ignore a problem long enough, it might just go away.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Well my certs are now gone from the app like everyone else it seems, but they are still in the system.

An update on what I was able to get booked:

One night, Saturday Feb 2. Banff Springs Hotel reservations was able to book me into a Fairmont category room with my comp night certificate, then used a suite upgrade into the Gatehouse Suite, then did a $140.00 monetary upgrade into a Fairmont Gold King Mountain View category.

Not bad. Add a reservation for a couple's experience at the spa, apply my $200 in GC's to that, and I've pulled off a solid 5th anniversary night away from the kids.

So long Fairmont Plat. It's been a great 10+ years. I'll have a top shelf single malt in the Rundle Lounge to honour the greatest hotel rewards program of all time, before Accor brought its tragic end.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:39 pm
R2

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I wouldn't be so quick to assume they did it on purpose. Accor has proven many times that they are capable of amazing feats of IT incompetence. They probably have no idea why this happened.
This. When I first raised this issue with Accor CS some 4 months ago they replied they are looking into it and will fix it asap. Nothing has happened since (except now the certs have also disappeared from the app when initially they were only gone on the website).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yeah, I’m currently at a Fairmont and wanted to check and see what certficates I have left. I had been able to view them a couple months ago via either the app or the website, but I’d checked both, and don’t see them anywhere. Well done, Accor IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.