Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AMEX Canadian Business Platinum Card with Fairmont Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Canadian Business Platinum Card with Fairmont Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Fyi, visa infinite privelege just removed this perk. I really hope amex doesn't follow suit. I don't trust Accor though. They are going to destroy all fpc perks
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
The American Express Fairmont Platinum benefit has officially been scrubbed from the AMEX website: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...platinum-card/
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC *E
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
The American Express Fairmont Platinum benefit has officially been scrubbed from the AMEX website: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e...platinum-card/
That was one of the most important benefits of Canadian Amex Plat. Amex better come up with something new or there are going to be a lots of cancellations and downgrades - me included. Not worth $699/year with Fairmont out IMHO.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by ohcanada
That was one of the most important benefits of Canadian Amex Plat. Amex better come up with something new or there are going to be a lots of cancellations and downgrades - me included. Not worth $699/year with Fairmont out IMHO.
Do you have an AMEX Plat card ? Did the benefit disappear from the "benefits directory" when you login to your AMEX account ?

If this benefit is indeed removed, they better give something in replacement like Gold status with a Star Alliance/Oneworld/Skyteam airline
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:23 pm

Makes sense that benefit would be gone considering Fairmont President's Club will be gone ... er, merged with Accor as of July 2, 2018.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Makes sense that benefit would be gone considering Fairmont President's Club will be gone ... er, merged with Accor as of July 2, 2018.
Good point And who really wants Accor Platinum status.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Will they honor Platinum status in 2018 for people who already made the required number of nights/stays ?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Will they honor Platinum status in 2018 for people who already made the required number of nights/stays ?
I would expect that they would do so. We shall see. I have not asked but if they were to screw us over then I'd expect my pre-paid stay to be refunded and would most certainly never set foot on Accor property. Would also likely have a major issue with Amex over this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I'm not sure it matters any more, does it? Fairmont Plats were basically given Accor LeClub Plat status all the way though to December 31, 2019. The Amex fast track is moot since we already have the new status for 2+ years to come, regardless of how we earned our 2017 status. Or are you referring to people who are not FPC Plat today but were expecting to have become Plat for 2018? In that case, I would expect that to be honoured. If not, there should certainly be a refund of the Amex card fee, if it was an advertised feature when you got the card.

With Accor status already given, that just leaves the question about FPC status for the remainder of it's existence. I just can't see Fairmont yanking that away. It would be a bit strange to on one hand, give Accor Plat for the next 2 years, but then rescind the FPC Plat status at the same time.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:04 am
Suspended

@CanadaDH: I just want to get my free night and $100 dining certificates plus Platinum choice of benefits for 2018 as I completed the 5 nighs/stays required for qualification under this fast track promo
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The benefits will be given by Fairmont. This is confirmed.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:01 pm

I almost got burned by this one. Before the news came out, I booked five prepaid nights for early next year, in the hopes I can qualify for early recognition and earn extra certificates. Because I booked a non-refundable rate, FPC won't allow cancellations, however, they were able to issue me a credit which I will now use over the Christmas holidays. Thank you Palliser!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.