Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Plat Passion Pick 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Made my picks. Went for the $100 dining and an additional Suite Upgrade.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Made my picks. Went for the $100 dining and an additional Suite Upgrade.
That's what we ended up doing as well. Although last year I can't believe I let the suite upgrade AND free night certificate expire unused. Major platinum fail
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nmenaker
That's what we ended up doing as well. Although last year I can't believe I let the suite upgrade AND free night certificate expire unused. Major platinum fail
The free night?!?! How dare you! You know you can let a friend/family use this too, right? I understand. Life gets busy, etc.

My SO and I enjoy a "year end review" (she hates when I call it that) weekend every December in banff using certificates. It is really amazing, and we probably spend $2-3K above the certificates anyway, so it is good for Fairmont too.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I went for the $100 certificate and Local Dinning experience for 2. It makes me wonder, are we going to have a next year to look forward to with FPC...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Has anyone who selected the $50 USD e-gift card received the email containing the e-gift card code ?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Has anyone who selected the $50 USD e-gift card received the email containing the e-gift card code ?
I haven't received mine either. I recall from last year's selection it did take a few days...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Originally Posted by chawk12
I haven't received mine either. I recall from last year's selection it did take a few days...
Mine came in on Mar 1 2017. Might take a few days as they roll the new year out. Picked the suite upgrade (I stay at Fairmont lots) and the $100 cert. Last year I chose room upgrade and suite upgrade. As you can probably tell I didn't use much of the room upgrades because they're almost f-ing useless. That's another platinum fail. Missed out on an extra $100 last year!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JCFans
Mine came in on Mar 1 2017. Might take a few days as they roll the new year out. Picked the suite upgrade (I stay at Fairmont lots) and the $100 cert. Last year I chose room upgrade and suite upgrade. As you can probably tell I didn't use much of the room upgrades because they're almost f-ing useless. That's another platinum fail. Missed out on an extra $100 last year!
I can agree with that. I called the Kea Lani to try and use a room upgrade for an upcoming stay. No availability in the next room category up (Mountainside), but if I wanted to go ocean view or partial ocean view they could accommodate me for an additional nightly fee of several hundred dollars. I can't remember the exact amount but I think it was $325 a night additional. I passed! It does seem much easier to use them at the Orchid.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Anyone receive the $50 eGift Card yet? I have a stay starting tomorrow, was hoping to use it. Want to make sure it's not just me who hasn't received.

Looking at last year, I received mine on 3/10
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by ntle
Took the the $100gc and Local Dining for Two certificate. Has anyone tried to use it in Singapore ?
I didn't end up using it there but if I recall correctly, they offered dinner buffet for 2. This was back in 2015, though.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
With the local dining experience (where it isn't just a cash or entree credit), is there a net $0 bill provided and is an additional gratuity expected?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by dmodemd
With the local dining experience (where it isn't just a cash or entree credit), is there a net $0 bill provided and is an additional gratuity expected?
with any sort of freebie or discount on the bill, I always leave an appropriate gratuity based on the full amount to the wait staff. Its just courtesy.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Anyone receive the $50 eGift Card yet? I have a stay starting tomorrow, was hoping to use it. Want to make sure it's not just me who hasn't received.

Nothing here yet.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nmenaker
with any sort of freebie or discount on the bill, I always leave an appropriate gratuity based on the full amount to the wait staff. Its just courtesy.
Agreed. The dining certs specifically say "graduity not included", and I would treat any other cert the same way.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn

Annnnnd there it is! Just received mine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.