Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Hotels and Le Labo Let You Play Parfumier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...ocial_facebook

Hotels have long used customized scents in their lobbies and guest rooms in hopes that guests will forever associate the hotel's distinctive aroma with a pleasant stay. It's a subtle marketing move, certainly, but there is some science behind it: Studies have shown that certain smells can be pivotal in recalling memories. Several hotel brands have made the experience complete by selling their signature scent to guests, most notably Westin Hotels with their popular white-tea candle.

However, Fairmont Hotels now offers guests the chance to bottle their own fragrance during their hotel stay—by giving them after-hours access to the Le Labo fragrance boutique in New York City. Le Labo is a perfume atelier that has supplied their Rose 31 fragrance for the brand's toiletries (found in every Fairmont property
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by tcook052
http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...ocial_facebook

Hotels have long used customized scents in their lobbies and guest rooms in hopes that guests will forever associate the hotel's distinctive aroma with a pleasant stay. It's a subtle marketing move, certainly, but there is some science behind it: Studies have shown that certain smells can be pivotal in recalling memories. Several hotel brands have made the experience complete by selling their signature scent to guests, most notably Westin Hotels with their popular white-tea candle.

However, Fairmont Hotels now offers guests the chance to bottle their own fragrance during their hotel stay—by giving them after-hours access to the Le Labo fragrance boutique in New York City. Le Labo is a perfume atelier that has supplied their Rose 31 fragrance for the brand's toiletries (found in every Fairmont property
I can confirm that their Rose 31 fragrance is not found at Fairmont Le Montreux Palace. I'm so used to that scent on my travels, that the absence of that familiar scent was pretty much the first thing I noticed about the room when we had our last stay. I'm not sure why the local property used something different, or why Fairmont allows the local property to deviate.

And, they are so right, I do associate that smell with our vacations with Fairmont!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.