Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

platinum free night no longer counting as qualified night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)

hi folks, not sure if they recently changed the way qualified nights count, but i had a recent stay at the SF property for 4 nights total (3+1 free night)

a week ago it counted as 4 nights but now only shows as 3, fairmont website interface also seems to have been updated

guess they're enforcing their T&C

anyone have a similar experience?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
What's their T and C on this? My plat night counted this year
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Are they supposed to? I've never had them count. If I combine it with one or more paid nights, I get still get stay credit, but if it is just a cert night, I get 0 nights and a "No" in the qualified stays column.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Are they supposed to? I've never had them count. If I combine it with one or more paid nights, I get still get stay credit, but if it is just a cert night, I get 0 nights and a "No" in the qualified stays column.
You're right. I just checked.

I got confused re. SPG and Fairmont and have spent way too many nights at both chains.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I got confused re. SPG and Fairmont and have spent way too many nights at both chains.
Join the club! If only there were more Fairmonts, I might spend fewer nights at *woods...
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Join the club! If only there were more Fairmonts, I might spend fewer nights at *woods...
That would be the case for me as well. However, the SPG program is vastly superior.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

they're not supposed to count as per T&C, but i believe past experience was the night counts when it's combined with paid nights, but it no longer seems to be the case (my qualified night stays YTD dropped by one over the past week)
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wwtsang
they're not supposed to count as per T&C, but i believe past experience was the night counts when it's combined with paid nights, but it no longer seems to be the case (my qualified night stays YTD dropped by one over the past week)
Definitely no longer the case My free night was with my free night
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My free night did not count at Pacific Rim last year nor the Banff Springs this year.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AC, WS, DL, Marriott Silver
Same happened to me. Stay with a 3rd night free night cert showed 3 nights before, now correctly shows 2.

Just assumed (along with the website redesign) that this was IT catching up with reality. :-)
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Previously free night certs counted as qualifying nights as long as the stay consisted of both paid nights and free nights (at least most of the time).

I can't really blame FPC for enforcing the T&C, however I find it somewhat petty to retroactively change the number of nights credited for stays 6+ months ago.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by screw2000
Stay with a 3rd night free night cert showed 3 nights before, now correctly shows 2.
If they're really doing this, I have some reservations to cancel.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If they're really doing this, I have some reservations to cancel.
I guess on the other hand I guess they may get some one night stays for people who stay the minimum. Another case of having a short term outlook
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I've sent an e-mail off to FPC about my recent stay at Le Montreux Palace. I used a free night cert and paid for 2 more, and the stay posted to my account as 0 qualifying nights, and it was not counted as a qualifying stay. I'm hoping this is a mistake. My rate booked was the Aeroplan Diamond rate, which is essentially nothing more than paying the full BAR and getting free breakfast tossed in, so it's not exactly a deep discount.

I've already requalified for Plat for next year, so my complaint to them is more about the principle and concern over future years.

I stayed at a Swissotel for the first time, and was pleased to see it show up automatically in my FPC account for both qualifying nights and stays. After hearing people tell me that Swissotel was not up to Fairmont standards, I went in with lowered expectations, but I found the Swissôtel Métropole Genève to be every bit up to Fairmont standards.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Noticed the same thing today in my Fairmont account, and came here and found this thread. I stay at Fairmont SIN every Jan for 2-3 paid nights combined with a free night, and have always got credit for all nights. My Jan 2015 stay has now been adjusted to 2 nights, whereas it used to be 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.