Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I extend the Suite night upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Can I extend the Suite night upgrade?

I recently opened the Fairmont CC and got the signup bonus of 2 freenights and many more benefits. One such is "Suite Night Upgrade", which is valid only between Sep 20, 2014 to Feb 28, 2015.

We are planning to stay in Banff Fairmont in July, 2015.
My question is:
1. Can the 'Suite Night Upgrade' be extended to a later date?
2. Will they issue any other 'Suite Night Upgrade' after Feb 28, 2015?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:04 am

1. I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you can use it over multiple stays? if so no, it is up to 5 nights at a single stay. If you only stay one night and use your cert, then it is gone.

2. I get a new set of certs every year on March 1st. (3rd night free, room upgrade and suite upgrade)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kay_jay
I recently opened the Fairmont CC and got the signup bonus of 2 freenights and many more benefits. One such is "Suite Night Upgrade", which is valid only between Sep 20, 2014 to Feb 28, 2015.

We are planning to stay in Banff Fairmont in July, 2015.
My question is:
1. Can the 'Suite Night Upgrade' be extended to a later date?
2. Will they issue any other 'Suite Night Upgrade' after Feb 28, 2015?
The suite upgrade cert is part of the Premier status benefits and any certs associated with Premier status always expire on Feb. 28. However, you'll receive a new set of Premier certs on March 1.

Generally speaking upgrade certs cannot be extended, however FPC occasionally will extend certs for a few weeks on a case-by-case basis, espeically if you are a loyal guest.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Thanks, you both answered my question.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
As Jasper mentioned, they do make exceptions. Two years ago I manged to extend one by three weeks. But only with a confirmed booking at the time I requested the extension.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
FWIW, I had a suite upgrade certificate extended all the way until July of the following year in order to cover an upcoming reservation. (I had already requalified for Platinum on nights when making the request, so it was clear I would have another set of certs coming regardless.)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Early this year I was lucky enough to sweet-talk a Fairmont rep into extending my Suite Upgrade by 6 months! By noting that I had no reason to stay at a Fairmont in winter but had a vacation to Canada coming up in August !
So reserve now for Banff & see what they say. Expect a NO, then resign yourself to using next year's Suite Upgrade there! If you're lucky enough to get a YES, use the new one for Jasper, Lake Louise, or Vancouver!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.