Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Finkface
Did you register via the link before Sept. 15?
Registered on 19 August.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Got my certificate added to my profile no problem. Expires at the end of the benefit year which is a bit disappointing but I'll use it no problem.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I registered on Sept 10th choosing the BMW store in Vancouver to do the test drive, received the confirmation email immediately saying they'd contact me to set up an appointment and have heard nothing since. Called the BMW Store on Sept 17 and the woman in sales who answered claimed to have never heard of this promotion or tie-in with Fairmont and said that "most people who want a test drive just make an appointment online". She wasn't interested in looking into it any further. So, 6 days ago I emailed the customer service email address for BMW included on the confirmation email I received to ask them what to do and I haven't even received the courtesy of a response from them. Not sure what to do next.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I registered on Sept 10th choosing the BMW store in Vancouver to do the test drive, received the confirmation email immediately saying they'd contact me to set up an appointment and have heard nothing since. Called the BMW Store on Sept 17 and the woman in sales who answered claimed to have never heard of this promotion or tie-in with Fairmont and said that "most people who want a test drive just make an appointment online". She wasn't interested in looking into it any further. So, 6 days ago I emailed the customer service email address for BMW included on the confirmation email I received to ask them what to do and I haven't even received the courtesy of a response from them. Not sure what to do next.
I didn't make an appointment. I just went in to BMW in North Vancouver the same day I registered and did the test drive. The salesman hadn't heard about the promo but I showed him the confirmation email and he had it figured out by the time we got back from the test drive. He showed me a memo the dealership had gotten and there were steps he had to take for me to get the cert. I asked him to email me a confirmation of our test drive in case I had problems but the cert posted about 2 weeks later.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Finkface
I didn't make an appointment. I just went in to BMW in North Vancouver the same day I registered and did the test drive. The salesman hadn't heard about the promo but I showed him the confirmation email and he had it figured out by the time we got back from the test drive. He showed me a memo the dealership had gotten and there were steps he had to take for me to get the cert. I asked him to email me a confirmation of our test drive in case I had problems but the cert posted about 2 weeks later.
Thanks. I'll try the same thing.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Test drove 8/27 at BMW Grand River/KW
now it's 4 weeks later and nothing at all

I'll probably email Fairmont asking them to manual credit it (I think I did it last year) as I'm not sure if the sales rep did the correct steps

Here's their reply (vs. last year they manually credited me $100 directly)
guess I'll call BMW then...still don't believe it's BMW issuing the $100 USD
Thank you for your email. Since this is a BMW promotion, I can offer you the BMW Concierge toll-free number to assistance. They can be reached at 1-800-567-2691.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Last edited by jerryhung; Sep 26, 2016 at 11:56 am
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I wasn't targeted and saw this thread on Sept 16, but didn't notice the Sept 15 expiry date. I registered and completed my test drive on Sept 16 and got my $100 gift card today! ^
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I wasn't targeted and saw this thread on Sept 16, but didn't notice the Sept 15 expiry date. I registered and completed my test drive on Sept 16 and got my $100 gift card today! ^
Glad you got yours

I test drove 8/27 and so far NOTHING
My rep probably didn't do it properly

Here's Fairmont's not-so-helpful reply when I followed up..have to call soon then
Thank you for your email. Since this is a BMW promotion, I can offer you the BMW Concierge toll-free number to assistance. They can be reached at 1-800-567-2691.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Glad you got yours

I test drove 8/27 and so far NOTHING
My rep probably didn't do it properly

Here's Fairmont's not-so-helpful reply when I followed up..have to call soon then
The memo the rep showed me said it was indeed BMW who had to issue the credit. It was a BMW promo, not a Fairmont one, on the bmw.ca webiste. The address of the registration site was fairmontpromo.bmw.ca. There were a bunch of steps the rep had to go through on their site to get the card into my account.

The way I thought about it at the time was like airline credit card points - the bank is the one crediting the points to your ff account. So I would definitely be calling BMW.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would agree that it's a BMW promo since a week ago, I got an email from Shopper's Voice also inviting me to do a BMW test drive for $100 prepaid Visa card. (I'm assuming this one will be Cdn dollars.)
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I did my test drive at Calgary BMW on 9/9 and my certificate showed up in my FPC profile this week. The test drive was painless, mind you I guess it helped that the sales guy who took me out I had dealt with previously when I was in there back in the spring.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Sigh, called BMW, which like AMEX, told me to wait the full "4-6 weeks" before they'll escalate it @@

Jealous how you guys got it easy and quick
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should ask for one that expires in Feb 2018!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I did my test drive Sept 6 and haven't seen anything yet on my account. No problem waiting the 4-6 weeks that were promised as part of the offer.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Sigh, called BMW, which like AMEX, told me to wait the full "4-6 weeks" before they'll escalate it @@

Jealous how you guys got it easy and quick
Mine took 3 weeks. I registered/drove on Aug.18 and the cert appeared Sept. 8. So 21 days exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.