Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
We did our test drive this morning. The salesman had heard about it but had no idea how to handle it as it just started today. He also said it was $100 US. He knew he had to inform Fairmont of our test drive, though, from a similar promo in the past. I had taken a copy of the registration confirmation email from FPC with me and he took a copy of it. I already received an email from BMW thanking me for my test drive so I have proof of both registering and of the test drive if the cert doesn't post. And we are buying the vehicle too.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:50 pm

Better half got the email and I didn't (May have to check the junk mail). Just a data point she did the test drive last year around Septmeber or whenever the promo was on.

We ended up buying a new BMW on Dec 31 that year and we weren't even expecting the added bonus if you actually buy one bc it was quite a few months later. It was a nice surprise when we got two free nights at any Fairmont and I think it was $600 in Fairmont Gift cards on top of this.

Also if the dealer is near a quota at the end of the month or specially end of the year they are willing to sell you a vehicle below cost. The dealer may have an incentive to get an extra $600 for each vehicle they sold that month so I've seen dealers buy a car at the end of the month just for the bonus and then they resell it as a used car.

I think we ended up getting around $14000 off a brand new 320xi (The cheap model) plus the Fairmont bonus. I sold the car 9 months later and didn't even loose a penny and the guy who bought it thought he was getting the deal of the year!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
And we are buying the vehicle too.
Right on, enjoy the new wheels! Do you have a choice in gifts from Fairmont when you buy a vehicle like in the past? I recall the 1st year this promo ran the offers were the best and they have been going downhill since. We used the two free nights at the Savoy and with the added Fairmont gift cards we got last year it was still a good chunk of value though.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Too funny

I sure hope $100 USD wasn't the "deciding factor/tipping point" to buy a BMW vehicle :P
sure, it's extra bonus IF you're already considering BMW .. still, $100 on a $20-$50K BMW is nothing... ha ha
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Too funny

I sure hope $100 USD wasn't the "deciding factor/tipping point" to buy a BMW vehicle :P
sure, it's extra bonus IF you're already considering BMW .. still, $100 on a $20-$50K BMW is nothing... ha ha
Lol, well of course the $100 dining credit is the sole reason we are buying it. When I thought it was in CAD, I said no way. But when he told me it was $100 USD - well that just sealed the deal.

Didn't know about the additional Fairmont bonus. We haven't made the deal yet so I will look into that first and squeeze at least a couple of nights out of it as well.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Good timing - we were just considering looking at some new cars, and BMW is one of our top three choices. Now if just Alfa and Fiat had similar deals...
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:09 pm

At the dealership yesterday, the salesman showed me the email he received from Fairmont about this promo and the steps he has to take to have the certificate issued. It is all tied to the registration form and it requires some input on his end. He said he did it all for mine so we'll see when it posts.

And we did buy the car. Made the deal yesterday. I told Mr. Fink he has FT to thank for him getting a new BMW. We were just that day going to pull the trigger on a different vehicle and we only went in to BMW because of the $100 cert. But it blew away the competition. He, of course, is thrilled.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Took a fully loaded 440iX Coupe' out for a spin today for this promotion, what a nice car! I think I know what my next car will be! Now to figure out how to convince my wife that we need an upgrade from our 328iX that we bought last Christmas, perhaps I'll use the $100 credit for a nice spa session for her birthday!! At the rate I'm driving my current BMW (over 40K a year) that might be sooner than later!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:42 am

The $100 cert showed up in my account today. So it seems it wasn't necessarily targeted after all.

It shows as:
BMW Test Drive - $100 USD Dining/Willow Stream Credit
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Poster

The $100 cert showed up in my account today. So it seems it wasn't necessarily targeted after all.

It shows as:
BMW Test Drive - $100 USD Dining/Willow Stream Credit
Nice, no $100 here yet as I did the test drive on 8/27
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doing a test drive at the BMW dealership at Richmond, 22nd September.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Beware Brian Jessel BMW in Vancouver. They are violating multiple terms of the promotion, and I'll be very surprised if they actually come through.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Beware Brian Jessel BMW in Vancouver. They are violating multiple terms of the promotion, and I'll be very surprised if they actually come through.
What are the doing? It's a pretty simple process - do a test drive, get a $100 cert. Are they refusing to sned the confirmation in to FPC that you did the test drive?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:50 pm

What are the doing? It's a pretty simple process - do a test drive, get a $100 cert. Are they refusing to sned the confirmation in to FPC that you did the test drive?
  1. They refused to let us make a reservation.
  2. They said the test drive had to be completed by 15 September.
  3. We took the test drive on Tuesday and have not yet received the promised confirmation. I doubt they sent anything in to Fairmont. We'll give it a few more days, then contact [email protected].
And they didn't have any Z4s available, so we ended up wasting our time test driving something we'd never even consider.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
  1. They refused to let us make a reservation.
  2. They said the test drive had to be completed by 15 September.
  3. We took the test drive on Tuesday and have not yet received the promised confirmation. I doubt they sent anything in to Fairmont. We'll give it a few more days, then contact [email protected].
And they didn't have any Z4s available, so we ended up wasting our time test driving something we'd never even consider.
That's garbage. I took a screenshot of the off when I registered. You had to REGISTER by Sept. 15 but the test drive had to be completed by Oct. 31. Did you register via the link before Sept. 15?
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.