Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

AccorHotels Acquires Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:22 am
Company Representative, Fairmont
Original Poster

Programs: Fairmont Presidents Club

Today marks an exciting new chapter for our company as we join one of the world’s largest global hotel companies, AccorHotels, alongside Raffles Hotels & Resorts & Swissotel Hotels & Resorts. Through this strategic partnership we will experience accelerated growth worldwide and offer our guests, owners and partners access to an unprecedented and diversified portfolio of international travel destinations. Thank you for sharing this special moment with us. (http://bit.ly/29STTMd)

For now, your current membership in Fairmont President’s Club and any upcoming reservations, including reward redemptions, remain unchanged. AccorHotels and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts share the same commitment – to provide you with world-class service and meaningful travel experiences on every stay.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
According to the press release,QIA and KHC are getting shares totalling 16.2% of Accor's share capital and 2 seats on the board of directors.

Colour me cautiously optimistic. That's a lot of control for legacy Fairmont management.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:50 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kendryk
Colour me cautiously optimistic. That's a lot of control for legacy Fairmont management.
Fairmont management gets no control. The ownership who were looking for a buyer to give them more ROI, get some control as you mention, they don't really care what happens to the FRHI brands as long as they make money.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Fairmont management gets no control. The ownership who were looking for a buyer to give them more ROI, get some control as you mention, they don't really care what happens to the FRHI brands as long as they make money.
Also, as a business owner, I would happily take those two board members, and their access to unlimited amounts of money for future growth.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:19 am

When might we expect reciprocal benefits at Accor ?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:46 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Great to see Fairmont and Raffles are considered top of the ladder/luxury tier.
http://www.accorhotels-group.com/upl...c/AHBrandBook/

Inventory already loaded.
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/map-search.shtml

Based on a thread from the Accor Forum, it seems Le Club will rule as the only loyalty program.

Last edited by AMRivlin; Jul 12, 2016 at 12:15 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
If they mess with Fairmont certificates, I'm going to be pissed.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
or with the 113 !!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
My guess is they will let the certificates age out and at some point we will earn based on LeClub. Chase card points will need to transition as well.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I think what may be interesting to note for the Fairmont President Club members here is the following:

Chris Cahill appointed as the Group’s CEO Luxury Brands
In support of the acquisition, and as part of AccorHotels’ larger strategy to strengthen its luxury and upscale business, the company has appointed Chris Cahill as the Group’s Chief Executive Officer, Luxury Brands. In this newly created role, Chris, who will also become a member of AccorHotels’ Executive Committee, will lead the FRHI integration process and be responsible for the strategy and global operations of AccorHotels Luxury Brands. This new structure will include Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel Legend, So Sofitel, Sofitel, MGallery by Sofitel, Pullman and Swissôtel.
Chris is an experienced hotelier who has led several successful integrations, is familiar with multi-brand management and brings an extensive background in luxury operations, sales and marketing. With more than 30 years of hospitality industry experience, including 19 years working with FRHI and its predecessor companies, Chris is ideally positioned to lead the integration of the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel brands into the AccorHotels portfolio, and will ensure AccorHotels’ luxury brands grow and prosper. He most recently served as Executive Vice President Global Operations at Las Vegas Sands Corp.
If I understand correctly he served as President and COO of FRHI until 2012 and then moved on to the LV Sands Group.

Talking to various Hotel GMs who have met him, he is a real hotelier and is very much customer focused. With him heading the luxury brands, and having the long FRHI background, I am sure he will keep FPC members' interests in mind.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:00 pm

I wonder what is going to happen to the lifetime platinum Living Social people?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:14 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Those will be the first to go. Expect to be disappointed by Accor, I am plat in both and they are not comparable at all, actual Fairmont blows club Accor out of the water, and that is not even counting how well you get treated (usually) by the staff at Fairmont's as a plat.

The French have no idea how to run loyalty programs, not in their culture (before the pitchforks come out I am French Canadian and lived in Paris for a decade, I like France). Just ask AF top tier people how their program compares to other airlines, it is not a winning comparison.

Like I said, expect to be disappointed. I hope I am proven wrong.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
What we the 113 can do to protect our interests? My hotel reporter at USA Today moved on to greener pastures...Anyone?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
It could just be coincidental timing, but I noticed the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva, disappeared from the Swissotel website recently. I stayed there last summer, and a couple of days ago I was looking to make a booking for a return stay. I couldn't find any web presence for them, other than article that said as of July 1 they are under the management of the City of Geneva (who were always the owners of that property).

I called the property directly, and they confirmed they are now operating independently. They seem to have joined the Preferred Hotels & Resorts group of independent hotels. Perhaps they didn't want to join Accor, or maybe they were breaking away anyway?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Those will be the first to go. Expect to be disappointed by Accor, I am plat in both and they are not comparable at all, actual Fairmont blows club Accor out of the water, and that is not even counting how well you get treated (usually) by the staff at Fairmont's as a plat.

The French have no idea how to run loyalty programs, not in their culture (before the pitchforks come out I am French Canadian and lived in Paris for a decade, I like France). Just ask AF top tier people how their program compares to other airlines, it is not a winning comparison.

Like I said, expect to be disappointed. I hope I am proven wrong.
+1. I am plat with Accor as well and will be giving up both Fairmont and Accor next year. Accor is a garbage program, nothing else to say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.