Wiki Posts
Search

Doctor Of Credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Doctor Of Credit

How have we gone so long without a thread for Doctor of Credit? Some good info there, and even though "William Charles" has self admitted that he's not as big into the travel game and redemptions as most others in the space, he still has some good info on the card side of things.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:58 am

I find DOC to be one of, if not, the best blog in this space
84fiero and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Threads for blogs this board likes don't tend to be very active.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
DoC doesn't use CC affiliate links so isn't beholden to the banks. Usually quick to correct/update information in a post, rather than disappear it down the memory hole. Reliable and pretty much gets to the point most of the time. Especially in the CC forums here, I'd say DoC gets linked and referenced more than others on average.

DoC doesn't censor comments on the site for contrary opinions, in fact readers are encouraged to post differing data points, etc. Also is fairly active on Reddit. So plenty of opportunity for interaction and open discussion in other venues, so I suppose there probably isn't much need for such here. And I guess when you're a straight-shooter people don't have as much to say about your aim.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:10 pm

I've always wondered how he is so useful, yet doesn't appear to be making money?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by levilevi
I've always wondered how he is so useful, yet doesn't appear to be making money?
I'm pretty sure he has affiliate links and referral links, just not to credit cards.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:26 pm

I should say... making money... relative to most of the other blogs in the space
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
He should take the card links. We have links, no-one has ever accused me of putting money ahead of honesty. Look at the roasting I gave the new SME BA card last week, which pays nicely.

If you have integrity and readers know it, it is fine.

I estimate 3m monthly page views is what you need to make $1m pa from ads, points.com, hotel and airline links - no card money needed. Not sure how close to that DoC is.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He would need to get approved for those. I understand that outside of an aggregator like Boarding Area, this isn't too easy anymore.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
I thought there were other non-credit card referral links, like Amazon, where the site makes money.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
One of the best blogs, with lots of useful data points instead of pointless drivel focused on driving referrals.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by josephstern
He would need to get approved for those. I understand that outside of an aggregator like Boarding Area, this isn't too easy anymore.

BArea doesn't assist you in getting approval at all.

DoC is an awesome resource.
84fiero likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
One of the best blogs, with lots of useful data points instead of pointless drivel focused on driving referrals.
I also find his comments sections to be actually decent with good datapoints.
He also updates old posts constantly with new datapoints, info, rumors, etc
84fiero likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I just don't get why they waste time posting a random $3 Subway offer like https://www.doctorofcredit.com/subwa...two-3-credits/ in the middle of a bunch of useful articles. Can't be due to the value of the ads on those pages, right? Crowds up the good stuff that's posted.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stuck720
I just don't get why they waste time posting a random $3 Subway offer like https://www.doctorofcredit.com/subwa...two-3-credits/ in the middle of a bunch of useful articles. Can't be due to the value of the ads on those pages, right? Crowds up the good stuff that's posted.
I think that's part of the crowd they're looking for to expand readership. DoC has multiple target audiences depending on whether it's a credit card / checking account article, travel article, or freebie article.
kevin111260 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.