FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   The Forward Cabin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1896177-forward-cabin.html)

RFDMinnesota Oct 20, 2014 7:36 am

The Forward Cabin

The Forward Cabin made it's way onto my Do Not Read list today when it suggested that you defraud AA out of 7500 miles for a test drive that you never take.

Classy

IMH Oct 20, 2014 8:20 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota (Post 23704654)
The Forward Cabin made it's way onto my Do Not Read list today

I'd never heard of The Forward Cabin before today, but it's certainly marched straight into the "no class" category. Not just for the suggestion in the post you refer to (which would probably cost Cadillac dealers and/or General Motors money rather than AA) but for the unpleasant response to a comment disagreeing with the blogger.

lwildernorva Nov 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Is there a category for wrong and misleading advice when it appears to apply solely to the blogger? Since I lost interest in VFTW, I've had time to wander around some other blogs. I ran across The Forward Cabin today. I've not linked to this second-rate Lucky, but a post he did on the reasons he doesn't fly Southwest (just Google forward cabin southwest--I'm not giving him the pingback) made me laugh out loud at its obvious obliviousness.

While on what's clearly a mileage or status run, he ends up in LAX and is appalled by the long lines at Southwest as compared with the elite lines at all the other airlines. Bizarre comparison, especially given that some of the airlines in the comparison, like BA, run several flights a day while Southwest clearly runs tons more. What's more amazing to me though is that he says, "maybe perhaps the Southwest fare is cheaper, and yes, there are no bag fees…but I value my time." Says the guy who flew from JFK to LAX to get to Europe.

No moron, you value status. You value people calling you Mr. Foward Cabin instead of "kid." You value telling your friends (who have long since stopped caring) that you're a Super Duper Senior Executive Platinum level elite. But no one who values their time flies from JFK to LAX to get to Europe since you're going at least five or six hours out of your way plus you've added in an unnecessary layover that requires you to wander LAX looking for drivel to put in your blog.

Use 50K of your frequent flyer miles to buy a clue about life. . .

stackm Nov 23, 2014 12:08 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 23883489)
Use 50K of your frequent flyer miles to buy a clue about life. . .

Agree that this is pitiful commentary and I thank you for not linking to that site.

With almost a week to go until the next Chase Sapphire First Friday 3x announcements, I want to share my pet peeve.

While not "wrong" or "misleading" I think it's shameful that no one mentions that US Bank Club Carlson runs 10x dining for most cardholders from Nov 1 - Dec 31. Those points will take you further than 3x Chase points and are valid for two full months. And these promos are often run once or twice a year.

IMH Nov 23, 2014 7:24 am

Thank you, lwildernorva, for prompting my second-ever visit to The Forward Cabin. Given time it could earn a spot on the "so bad they're kinda good in a bad way" list, but it's hard to imagine it lasting long.

Originally Posted by stackm (Post 23883946)
US Bank Club Carlson runs 10x dining for most cardholders from Nov 1 - Dec 31.

I'm not sure about "most"? I wasn't targeted either last year or this. :(

84fiero Nov 23, 2014 9:18 am

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 23884673)
Thank you, lwildernorva, for prompting my second-ever visit to The Forward Cabin. Given time it could earn a spot on the "so bad they're kinda good in a bad way" list, but it's hard to imagine it lasting long.

+1

Actually it was my first ever visit to the blog. Flipping back through some posts, especially the earlier ones about this trip, was...entertaining.

Airline comparisons can be useful, and I can find value in reading about how someone contrasts and prefers certain carriers based on their experiences. But that post was really weak to say the least. Perhaps he has other experiences with WN, or other reasons not to prefer flying them, but if so that didn't come through. Actually, it's not clear whether or not the author has ever actually flown WN.

kokonutz Jan 14, 2015 2:04 pm

The Forward Cabin

Didya love my clickbait thread title!? :D^

Forward Cabin still has a .boardingarea.com URL but no longer appears on the Boarding Area Bloggers page.

Anyone know the story there?

cruisr Jan 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 24167263)
Didya love my clickbait thread title!? :D^

Forward Cabin still has a .boardingarea.com URL but no longer appears on the Boarding Area Bloggers page.

Anyone know the story there?

Good one. I bit

kokonutz Jan 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Any one missing the hell out of Forward Cabin, rest easy.

I hear through the grapevine that it has not been booted from Boarding Area for blatant plagiarism, it has only received a 1-week suspension from the Boarding Area main page for a poor reaction to being caught out at blatant plagiarism. Hence the retention of the .boardingarea.com url.

I've also learned that this is not the first time Forward Cabin has been accused of blatant plagiarism.

It's the wild west out there, people. There are no rules. Don't forget to strap on your six-shooter!

84fiero Jan 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 24175598)
Any one missing the hell out of Forward Cabin, rest easy.

I hear through the grapevine that it has not been booted from Boarding Area for blatant plagiarism, it has only received a 1-week suspension from the Boarding Area main page for a poor reaction to being caught out at blatant plagiarism. Hence the retention of the .boardingarea.com url.

I've also learned that this is not the first time Forward Cabin has been accused of blatant plagiarism.

It's the wild west out there, people. There are no rules. Don't forget to strap on your six-shooter!

Oh, good, glad to know BA has standards.

RFDMinnesota Jan 19, 2015 2:10 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero (Post 24175815)
Oh, good, glad to know BA has standards.

Hahaha... Barely. Just barely

YoungSoloTraveler Jan 22, 2015 7:34 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota (Post 24192744)
Hahaha... Barely. Just barely

A 1 week suspension for plagiarism. Wow. Even a community college has better standards then that.

farbster Jan 22, 2015 11:59 am

The suspension of 1 week may be more than the Pats get for deflating those balls. But I digress...

kokonutz Jan 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by farbster (Post 24215003)
The suspension of 1 week may be more than the Pats get for deflating those balls. But I digress...

Well FC is still not showing up on the main BA page, but if you search for it on BA then it's there: http://boardingarea.com/?s=forward

Not sure if that's part of the punishment or simply poor SEO. ;)

kokonutz Feb 4, 2015 7:35 am

It appears that 3 weeks after copy/pastegate Forward Cabin is back on the main page....of P2B.

A demotion from BA to P2B? Or was this always P2B? I can't recall.