Search

[old thread do not use] OFFICIAL - 13th Chicago Seminars - October 13-15, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
[old thread do not use] OFFICIAL - 13th Chicago Seminars - October 13-15, 2023

Welcome to Chicago Seminars 2023.

When: October 13-15, 2023. Registration opens Friday at 4 pm, with sessions kicking off at 5:30 pm. Early starts and full days Saturday and Sunday. Saturday evening includes a happy hour at the host hotel.

Where: Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove, 1000 Busse Rd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. (847) 437-6010

Ticketing:
  1. Purchase ticket at EventBrite (link removed)
  2. Complete the attendee badge form (in the works, check back later)) with your conversation starter badge info. If you do not submit the form your badge will only display your name.
  3. Optional - the host hotel room block will be announced when available.
What's Included?
  • Access to conference sessions
  • Coffee / snack breaks
  • Lunch Saturday and Sunday
  • Happy hour Saturday night
What's Not Included?
  • The virtual pass that doesn't exist
  • Breakfasts - these are only included for those booking the group rate at the host hotel
  • Dinners - a way to make friends is go out with a group and hand someone cash to let them have the credit card swipe
Questions? Please send general inquiries to [email protected]

First-time? See ​​​​SkiAdcock's thoughts & tips for those attending the Chicago Seminars event for the first time.
IAD_flyer likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 30, 2023 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:13 am
Original Poster

READ and ACCEPT - Participation Requirements

This is a community event that has thrived for a decade, grown from goodwill and care for each other. The participation requirements are intended to provide an event that best accommodates the widest range of our community.

By purchasing a ticket, you agree to follow the event Participation Requirements, which will adapt up to and including the event:
  • Good conduct policy - You will conduct yourself at the event in a spirit of civility in line with the conduct required by the organizers and on-site volunteers.
  • No refunds and no chargeback policy - this is a charity event and has operated since inception on a no refunds policy. If you purchase a ticket and your plans change, there will be no refund. If, at the event, you violate the participation requirements, you will be required to immediately depart the event, and there will be no refund. In all cases, you will not make a credit card chargeback for your event ticket. Should you file a chargeback you will be banned from attending future Chicago Seminars events. Be happy that the event charities will benefit from your graciousness, even if you find yourself in that position from lack of graciousness. Ticket transfers will be allowed up to October 6, 2023, email the organizers with the ticket transfer request details at: [email protected].
  • No recording of sessions - the no recording policy allows open discussions and respects the hard work of speakers. Anyone found to be recording (video, audio, or otherwise, that includes photos of every slide, etc) will be removed from the event with no refund. Exceptions only if a speaker gives explicitly up-front permission for some form of recording.
We have a decade of successful events that have built friendships and raised tens of thousands of dollars for worthy charities. We thank you for your understanding. This will be another great event for our community.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:20 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Hotel Booking Information

Stay tuned for group booking details.

Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove, 1000 Busse Rd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. (847) 437-6010. The shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport (ORD) on the half hour.

Staying at the host hotel is recommended.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:21 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Speakers

More speakers to be announced:

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:24 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Event Schedule

See the 2022 schedule for a sense of what to expect. Sessions start the Friday evening and go to Sunday afternoon.

Event Schedule Outline:

Friday, October 13th

4:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Registration Desk Open

5:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Welcome to Chicago Seminars & Conference Sessions

Saturday, October 14th

8:00 am - 12:00 pm: Registration Desk Open

8:30 am - 6:00 pm: Conference Sessions

7:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Happy Hour

Sunday, October 15th

8:00 am - 4:00 pm: Conference Sessions

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:26 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Sponsorship Opportunities

Please contact [email protected] with expressions of interest.

Sponsorships start at $1,200 and include:
  • 8' Table near the registration desk
  • 15-minute speaking slot
  • 1 Ticket to event
  • 1 email message to attendees such as to provide a trial or discount offer (all emails sent by Chicago Seminars admin account; attendee email list is not shared with sponsors)
  • Custom packages available
Additional sponsorship opportunities:
  • Contribute raffle prizes
  • Submit your own idea

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:29 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Charity Raffle & Donations

2023 charity: World Central Kitchen

If you'd like to donate anything to the charity raffle, please contact [email protected]

Things like drink chits, lounge passes, amenity kits, upgrade certificates, etc.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:30 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Volunteer Opportunities

Specific volunteer needs will be posted here.

We welcome back our veteran volunteers (more to be confirmed):

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:31 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Terms and Conditions

GENERAL WAIVER, RELEASE & CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”)

GENERAL WAIVER OF LIABILITY & RELEASE PROVISIONS – I have/will receive(d) certain materials, program information, advice, information and/or services from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree to waive any and all current and/or future claims and causes of actions against the Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023 and/or any individual or corporate sponsor (inclusive of any and all officers, directors, employees, agents, and successor and/or predecessor corporations if any) thereof, and/or any speaker or invited guest (together, the “Released Parties”), for any and all physical or pecuniary injuries, incidents, losses, or other occurrences that may befall me during my attendance at the 2023 Chicago Seminars.

I further agree to waive any and all current or future claims and causes of action for economic harm or otherwise, as against the Released Parties, that may arise as a result of my reliance on any program information, procedures, advice, information or services that I may receive from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023.

I further agree to hold harmless and to fully indemnify the Released Parties against any claims or causes of action, including claims for contribution, instituted by any third party or otherwise that may arise from my attendance at the 2023 Chicago Seminars.

I further agree to waive any and all future claims and/or causes of action that may arise from my use of the information, advice or services provided by the Released Parties, and to indemnify and save harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims and causes of actions of third parties, including claims for contribution, arising from my reliance on any program, information, procedures, advice, information or services that I may receive from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023 at the 2023 Chicago Seminars.

If for any reason, I commence a claim or take any proceeding against any party, which thereafter makes any claim over against or claim contribution and indemnity from the Released Parties, I undertake and covenant to have them dismissed at my own expense with express prejudice to bringing any further claim or other proceeding as against the Released Parties.

I further understand and agree that no warranty of any kind shall be created by the advice or information I receive from any of the Released Parties from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023 during the 2023 Chicago Seminars DO, and further agree that I alone am responsible for assessing the utility, accuracy and truthfulness of any advice or information received during the 2023 Chicago Seminars.

I further understand and agree that I may incidentally appear in video and/or photographs taken during the 2023 Chicago Seminars, and that I will not receive compensation of any kind as a result thereof, whether used by the Released Parties for marketing purposes or otherwise.

CONFIDENTIALITY – I further understand and agree that the materials and information provided to me are the property of from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023 and/or the Released Parties, and will not be used by me, other than for my personal use, without the express written consent of from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023, and that I will take all reasonable steps to keep the materials and information obtained confidential, expressly undertake and covenant to make no copies of the materials and/or to disclose the materials and/or advice, whether for financial gain or otherwise. I fully understand that I may be personally liable to from Elk Grove Village, LLC dba Chicago Seminars 2023 and/or the Released Parties for any unauthorized use of the materials, advice and/or information received at the 2023 Chicago Seminars.

Furthermore, I expressly agree, undertake, and covenant not to record by video, audio, or any other means the material discussed by speakers at the 2023 Chicago Seminars.

GENERAL PROVISIONS – This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Released Parties, their successors, assigns, and personal representatives.

I expressly agree that this Agreement shall be construed as if written by both myself and the Released Parties, and shall not be construed as against the Released Parties, whether pursuant to the principles of contra proferentem, or otherwise.

I expressly agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois and that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. I expressly agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected.

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – I further expressly agree that should an Arbitrator or Court determine that any provision(s) in this Agreement is void, voidable, or unenforceable, and that any of the Released Parties are liable to me for any alleged losses, whether suffered by me, or a third party, that such liability will be limited to the sum of the fee paid by me for my attendance at 2023 Chicago Seminars.

I certify that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, and am mentally competent to execute and enter into this Agreement

I expressly understand that by executing this Agreement that I am affecting my current and future legal rights, and state that I have agreed to execute this Agreement without any duress or coercion.

By selecting "I agree to the above waiver" I expressly acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the General Waiver of Liability and Release provisions, the Confidentiality Clause and the Limitation of Liability Clause, and that I enter into this Agreement willingly and voluntarily.

Last edited by RapidTravelChai; Apr 2, 2023 at 5:34 am Reason: Updated
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I'm in! It's a shame about the price going up; I hope that doesn't discourage too many people from coming.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
I'm in! It's a shame about the price going up; I hope that doesn't discourage too many people from coming.
Last year was 2019 carryover pricing that the venue honored despite it being three years later and inflation in the interim. For this event, unfortunately, prices had to be adjusted.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:40 am

Thanks to all the speakers, organizers and volunteers for organizing this again. Im looking forward to attending again !
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • BA*G • AA*EXP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
I look forward to attending again. Hopefully nothing stops me. October is still pretty far out and award seats for this year can be unpredictable...
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Hi. Will people who purchased tickets through Eventbrite get a notification when hotel rooms are available? Thanks.
Old May 1, 2023, 11:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thread temporarily closed (since 12noon EDT of April 30) as we sort out responsibilities. The sign up link was removed too.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.