FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   No bloggers reporting on UA/CA Mess? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1572000-no-bloggers-reporting-ua-ca-mess.html)

Mary2e Apr 25, 2014 2:57 pm

No bloggers reporting on UA/CA Mess?

Well, except for MatthewLAX who did a write up.

I refer you to this thread..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-hacked.html

CA segments are being mysteriously cancelled from UA itineraries and not a mention on a blog??? That is really odd since most of these bloggers mine FT for their material :) :) :) When CC was closed, it was reported on within 24 hours :)

It started out with a few complaints and as this becsmes more public, they are now up to 20 FTers with cancelled segments, some back to Feb.

Who knows how long this has been going on and how many people are effected. If the bloggers would write about it, well, more would be able to understand what happened and perhaps get UA to work on fixing it for them.

But there appears to be silence, which is very perplexing.

sbm12 Apr 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1066 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

There are, to me, insufficient facts to be worth reporting on it. Also,the impact is relatively low as that's a small population of bookings. That generally translates to fewer readers.

Mary2e Apr 26, 2014 9:45 am

Except more and more people are seeing the posts and coming forward. While it started out as a few people, it has grown. It could help those who found themselves in a similar situation.

How are the facts insufficient? It appears there has been a wholesale cancelling of CA award seats from a website in China and UA is just now trying to fix it.

sbm12 Apr 26, 2014 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 22764927)
How are the facts insufficient? It appears ...

Exactly. It appears. We have no idea what is actually happening.

And until someone cares enough to find out what actually is happening we've got a bunch of reports and some wacky-as-hell speculation. I don't think it is a big enough issue to invest my time and efforts in figuring out what is actually happening. And I don't think my readers care enough to justify my time.

That said, gleff and I are sitting together right now and there might be a bet involved as to who will have to be on the next flight to China to research more.

SanDiego1K Apr 26, 2014 4:02 pm

It is covered in The Gate today (a blog owned by Internet Brands).

Also, it has been featured on the front page of FlyerTalk and has been tweeted out by FlyerTalk. United follows FT. Let's hope proper attention is paid.

Kagehitokiri Apr 26, 2014 7:54 pm

bloggers havent asked UA?

not to mention i seem to recall blog posts regarding fairly minor customer service issues involving a single person.

lazard Apr 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 22764927)
Except more and more people are seeing the posts and coming forward. While it started out as a few people, it has grown. It could help those who found themselves in a similar situation.

How are the facts insufficient? It appears there has been a wholesale cancelling of CA award seats from a website in China and UA is just now trying to fix it.

a couple of posters on FT ≠ a wholesale of canceled CA award seats.

Mary2e Apr 27, 2014 9:14 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 22766336)
It is covered in The Gate today (a blog owned by Internet Brands).

Also, it has been featured on the front page of FlyerTalk and has been tweeted out by FlyerTalk. United follows FT. Let's hope proper attention is paid.

Great ^^

Beyond this immediate situation, perhaps this will shed a nice, bright light on the lack of security surround UA's website and practices.

Jaimito Cartero Apr 27, 2014 9:16 am

Originally Posted by lazard (Post 22767061)
a couple of posters on FT ≠ a wholesale of canceled CA award seats.

A couple of posters? I think you need to reread the thread.

sbm12 Apr 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 22767053)
bloggers havent asked UA?

I haven't. I cannot speak for anyone else.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 22767053)
not to mention i seem to recall blog posts regarding fairly minor customer service issues involving a single person.

Whomever wrote such probably thought it was a more interesting topic.

If there is something not getting the press you think it deserves feel free to start up a blog and make sure the topics important to you are covered in depth. Producing the content takes time. And it takes a lot more time in a case like this if someone were to try to actually get answers rather than posting random speculation. I've got better things to do with my time than pursue this story. Seems that many others feel the same way.

dhammer53 Apr 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 22771342)

If there is something not getting the press you think it deserves feel free to start up a blog and make sure the topics important to you are covered in depth. Producing the content takes time. And it takes a lot more time in a case like this if someone were to try to actually get answers rather than posting random speculation. I've got better things to do with my time than pursue this story. Seems that many others feel the same way.

You could of course add the Chase United credit card link to your story. Might as well make it worth your while. ;)

By the way, the chart you posted the other day was ^.

dh

Jaimito Cartero Apr 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 22771342)

I have no desire to start a blog.

I do wonder why you would have no interest in pursuing this topic.

Are you afraid to pursue it because of your recent problems with UA? Do you think they'll be pissed off, and not want to publicly air their problems? No fame and fortune for getting to the bottom of this story?

sbm12 Apr 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 22771835)
I do wonder why you would have no interest in pursuing this topic.

Because I don't see it as pervasive/significant enough to be worth my time. I thought I made that clear in my initial reply.

Are you afraid to pursue it because of your recent problems with UA? Do you think they'll be pissed off, and not want to publicly air their problems?

Not at all. And, quite frankly, that you imply such is insulting.

No fame and fortune for getting to the bottom of this story?

Nope.

kokonutz Apr 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Perhaps many of the bloggers were too busy at the FTU this weekend to put time and effort into covering this...?

hobo13 Apr 29, 2014 7:50 pm

MatthewLAX covered it recently. I haven't read one word of the thread on FT, so the theory he presented (not sure if it's his) was interesting.