Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:18 pm

self edit

Last edited by maverick17; Dec 6, 2013 at 4:12 am
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by maverick17
the other thing is the bloggers usually write this stuff after the sale starts. so people will go sign up now and not be able to buy the miles with a new account. so there is a lag in new interest vs. being able to use the program 4 months from now. in my opinion at least. by then 50% of them will have given up anyway.
If you look at the deals that are being posted...they make sense with or without promos...many would jump in regardless.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
If you look at the deals that are being posted...they make sense with or without promos...many would jump in regardless.
I didn't know about this deal before hand, but would have certainly used it, but most people won't. Most people cannot come to the far east without checked bags or with a Russian visa.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I didn't know about this deal before hand, but would have certainly used it, but most people won't. Most people cannot come to the far east without checked bags or with a Russian visa.
This is so true. Many beginners have trouble booking any flights, even the easy ones. The LM site is a bit quirky. Add the delay for the sign up and the "no checked bag" requirement, and you're losing potential bookers by the scads.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:37 pm

Oh, he posted a "response to the people who think I shouldn’t have shared the deal"
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by scibuff
Oh, he posted a "response to the people who think I shouldn’t have shared the deal"
Apparently we're all entitled pricks, and he's Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Robin Hood and Lenin, all in one.

Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:44 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
There is certainly an icky degree of presumptive about the comeback post.

If there were indeed a point when one person could decide what is for the common good, I would rather that person knew better what he was talking about and could write in joined up sentences.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Apparently we're all entitled pricks, and he's Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Robin Hood and Lenin, all in one.

No, rather the opposite. Those characters mainly kept major secrets from others so that they could continue to benefit and allow for a greater amassing of resources for their own use later; and they communicated rather effectively for better and for worse.

Fortunately LM staff/retained parties aren't all the most competent of characters -- or way more opportunities would have been shut down already.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
No, rather the opposite. Those characters mainly kept major secrets from others so that they could continue to benefit and allow for a greater amassing of resources for their own use later; and they communicated rather effectively for better and for worse.
well hang on - I think we would agree all of those characters purported to act in the interests of the proletariat - similar to the glorified posturing and pseudo-martyrdom of the individual in question, who apparently argues that he's sticking himself onto the crucifix not to peddle a few credit card links to the gathered gawkers, but rather, for, you know, mass enlightenment. :P
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:24 pm

While the bullets are flying at that "poor" fella, I wonder how we feel about Jeff's newest blog post, hmmmm ...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:26 pm

While the bullets are flying at that "poor" fella, I wonder how we feel about Jeff's newest blog post, hmmmm ...
meh, at least getting to his post requires so much work that i couldn't even get past step 1 in his instructions. this would also mean that likely, most lifemiles agents would be incapable of doing it, as well. so therefore it's quite cold on my list of hot topics that require flaming.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
One of his booking partners is part of a secrets group operated by a blogger .
I wonder if his partner got his secrets from this secrets group ...

Bloggers should find their own matariel instead of ripping off of FT
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul
One of his booking partners is part of a secrets group operated by a blogger .
I wonder if his partner got his secrets from this secrets group ...

Bloggers should find their own matariel instead of ripping off of FT
And yet FTer's choose to judge erronouesly and continue stereotyping. Not all bloggers kill secrets, LOL. Must be jealous that you didn't get a slot. *sigh* I've got seasoned FTers in my group, you think they wouldn't be mad if i posted something?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:38 pm

I wonder, was there ever a copyright discussion here, e.g. whether it could be made at all, if any form of copyright on information sharedhere can be enforced etc.

I'm in no way suggesting it, I was just wondering if anyone talked about it in terms of preventing leaks?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:39 pm

I wonder, was there ever a copyright discussion here, e.g. whether it could be made at all, if any form of copyright on information sharedhere can be enforced etc.

I'm in no way suggesting it, I was just wondering if anyone talked about it in terms of preventing leaks?
What are you going to do, sue people? don't think it's possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.